DRC quote says it all

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am paraphrasing but he said he told Toler "We need to play our game not the one they are telling us to"

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
“I said, ‘Man, us -- me and him -- we got to play how we did to get us here,” Rodgers-Cromartie said. “I know this is a technique game, but there are certain things we have that other corners don’t possess and you have to use them. Playing their game is killing us. We can’t play their game. We’ve got to play our game.”

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He can only be talking about Davis.

Proof of how bad Davis is can be seen on goaline stands where calls mean nothing and it is all instincts.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

Proof of how bad Davis is can be seen on goaline stands where calls mean nothing and it is all instincts.
Could be talking about Donnie Henderson. He's the new guy back there.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

+1

I hope he's implying more man coverage. Im sick and tired of watching the DBs play 10 yards off the line and our zone coverage having large holes in which to penetrate; for example, last week when Favre and co were running the slant routes on the defense all day

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
One of my friends that I sit with is a trainer and works with a couple of the Cardinals, Calais and Joey Porter, she told me yesterday that when she was talking with them last week and asking WTF is going on... the both told her they were trying to run what was called and usually they just don't agree, but have to run the schemes regardless...this kind of goes along with the quote from DRC...no faith in Davis or his schemes which is likely why we often see the confused or frustrated looks...not to excuse the execution, however, if hesitant on the play call going "rogue" may be what they are thinking and hence the out of position scenario on so many plays?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say that's probably the first clear sign in print that Whiz is going to HAVE to fire some people or he's going to get canned himself. I like Whiz, I think he's screwed up this year but I think he's the best coach we've had since Coryell.

But when your starting CB is admitting that the defensive players don't believe in the schemes or the coaches, you have a problem. That's why we see the DB's running around clueless prior to the snap, it's why we see them looking at each other after plays too. Because when you have that situation you get even 1-2 guys freelancing and the other 9-10 doing the scheme and a QB with time finds it and burns you.

At that point you only have a few choices, get rid of players who won't buy in, or look closely and decide maybe the players have a point if the schemes keep resulting in AW and Hayes in coverage getting embarassed because they're being asked to do something they can't do?

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All coming apart before our eyes. Let the blame game begin and it will get worse before it gets better.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All coming apart before our eyes. Let the blame game begin and it will get worse before it gets better.

Sad, but true.

How frustrating must it be for the players if they don't agree with what's being called and the team is sucking?

Some heads on the coaching staff will definitely have to roll during the offseason.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say that's probably the first clear sign in print that Whiz is going to HAVE to fire some people or he's going to get canned himself. I like Whiz, I think he's screwed up this year but I think he's the best coach we've had since Coryell.

But when your starting CB is admitting that the defensive players don't believe in the schemes or the coaches, you have a problem. That's why we see the DB's running around clueless prior to the snap, it's why we see them looking at each other after plays too. Because when you have that situation you get even 1-2 guys freelancing and the other 9-10 doing the scheme and a QB with time finds it and burns you.

At that point you only have a few choices, get rid of players who won't buy in, or look closely and decide maybe the players have a point if the schemes keep resulting in AW and Hayes in coverage getting embarassed because they're being asked to do something they can't do?

Either that or our DBs are just plain mentally ******** and can't absorb a defensive scheme and game plan. I certainly wouldn't rule that out. Hard to take anything DRC says seriously asvmuch as he gets torched even when he is man upon his player without the cushion!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Either that or our DBs are just plain mentally ******** and can't absorb a defensive scheme and game plan. I certainly wouldn't rule that out. Hard to take anything DRC says seriously asvmuch as he gets torched even when he is man upon his player without the cushion!

Nice sig! You managed to one-up me :D

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
“I said, ‘Man, us -- me and him -- we got to play how we did to get us here,” Rodgers-Cromartie said. “I know this is a technique game, but there are certain things we have that other corners don’t possess and you have to use them. Playing their game is killing us. We can’t play their game. We’ve got to play our game.”

Are you sure he isnt speaking about the Seahwaks-or any other team- they played? Doesnt look like he is calling out Davis to me :shrug:

sw3j

Reaction score
I forget which DBs were talking about it..but last week (before SEA game) players were tweeting about what the hell they were being taught "it's like we're getting a new playbook"
something like that..let me see if I can find it.

You should add the entire conversation - not sure if they are being serious, but wow:

Michael Adams said:
@49foyamind49 @AriesEgo @HamzaAbdullah21 @MattWare22 @kerryrhodes hey guys our coach has an attitude problem lol! He don't play right.

Rashad Johnson said:
@meezybaby27 haha!! I agree!! I just quit talking bruh

Michael Adams said:
@49foyamind49 he so angry with u when u ask a ? Lol

Rashad Johnson said:
@meezybaby27 cause he be knwing we be right at times.. Lol

Michael Adams said:
@49foyamind49 lol! He made cov 3 so hard lol!

Rashad Johnson said:
@meezybaby27 like really did we install an entire playbook.. Lol..

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Davis is a dead man walking once the season ends, we better not promote a DC from within again.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson