Drafting Andy Isabella over D.K. Metcalf... Damn!

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Just as easily Metcalf could've been another Stephen Hill. If he ended up with us, he most likely wouldn't have stood out much more than Isabella. DK isn't polished by any means, and his hands are shaky at best. But he fits perfectly what the Seahawks do, so hats off to them for making the right pick! Almost every team passed twice on Metcalf despite his freak athleticism.

Btw don't forget about Darius Slayton of the Giants. He was a late 5th round selection. Great athlete, although not as strong as Metcalf. But Slayton has better hands, is shiftier, and was already asked to run the full route tree. I wonder if we had picked Slayton over KeeSean if he was still on the board...

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Yes. This is why Keim fails at being a good GM. Poor process regardless of a few good outcomes. He doesn't learn.
Keim's biggest problem to me is drafting guys with plans to play them at a different position. That's why I was against the Cards taking Bosa if their plan was to play him at 3-4 OLB.
To me, it would be more ideal to draft a guy to play his natural position in year 1, then expand him to other positions as he gets acclimated to the league.
Off the top of my head, they drafted Humphries, played RT as a rook, Reddick, Isabella, Boem, Cole, Buccanon, you could throw Brandon Williams in the group too as guys who played a different position their rookie year. I'm sure there are more I can't think of.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Man, I don't get this line of thinking. That's one thing if someone makes a stupid decision in day-to-day life but ends up fine at the end of it... but a continued stack of poor decisions at my job doesn't go ignored as a "Yup. Blew that one!" We are paying customers, and the more Keim gets a pass on continued poor decisions means we're sinking our money and time into this.

At my job, if I consistently choose the wrong vendor to supply services or be a part of our campaign, I will get disciplined or fired.
You don’t get his post. For gods sake cheese coined “bluto.” I think he’s saying it’s laughable to argue in favor of Isabella at this juncture given what we’ve actually witnessed. In other words, “yep bluto blew that one, nothing else to argue here.”

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just as easily Metcalf could've been another Stephen Hill. If he ended up with us, he most likely wouldn't have stood out much more than Isabella. DK isn't polished by any means, and his hands are shaky at best. But he fits perfectly what the Seahawks do, so hats off to them for making the right pick! Almost every team passed twice on Metcalf despite his freak athleticism.

Btw don't forget about Darius Slayton of the Giants. He was a late 5th round selection. Great athlete, although not as strong as Metcalf. But Slayton has better hands, is shiftier, and was already asked to run the full route tree. I wonder if we had picked Slayton over KeeSean if he was still on the board...
As impressive as DK is...

The guy I keep getting more upset about is McLaurin. Metcalf has a top 5 QB.

I think that kid might end up the best wr in the draft. If i squint my eyes a little he looks like everything people keep telling me about Jerry Jeudy.

OP
OP
Big D

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Just for those keeping score Today:

Metcalf: 4 Rec 95 Yds 1 TD

Isabella: 0 Rec 0 Yds 0 TD

Also, 2019 4th rd pick Hakeem Butler cut. Never played a down

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just for those keeping score Today:

Metcalf: 4 Rec 95 Yds 1 TD

Isabella: 0 Rec 0 Yds 0 TD

Also, 2019 4th rd pick Hakeem Butler cut. Never played a down

Why would anyone keep score?

Ever heard the term "no use crying over spilt milk" its over time to move on.

OP
OP
Big D

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Why would anyone keep score?

Ever heard the term "no use crying over spilt milk" its over time to move on.
Alright, I hear you. Still frustrates me every time I see Metcalf who is obviously by far the better player score a TD for Seattle but I guess you are right. It was just last year but yea I guess I should just get over it.

I just hate it when something that should be so blatantly obvious gets butchered this badly and the team and certain fans attempt to conveniently sweep it under the rug like it never happened...

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
If we had Metcalf we likely wouldn't have Hopkins.
If you add that to the stat line, it sure looks better

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
I actually think we would. Fitz is almost done and the team still would've needed to unload DJ and in need of more WR depth. P

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again with this bulls$!t. Grown ass men out here acting like this. I don’t understand what’s the endgame here.

We didn’t draft Tom Brady either.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Again with this bulls$!t. Grown ass men out here acting like this. I don’t understand what’s the endgame here.

We didn’t draft Tom Brady either.
If we had drafted three QBs and missed on all 3, I'd be pretty passed we didn't draft Brady.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we had drafted three QBs and missed on all 3, I'd be pretty passed we didn't draft Brady.

DK Metcalf really wasn’t that good in college there’s a reason every other team in the NFL passed on him also.

Guys here act like he’s Randy Moss. Yeah he’s good but Jesus you would think he’s Julio Jones the way certain guys act on this board.

get over it. All the bitching and crying in the world isn’t going to change the fact he plays for Seattle.

we have DeAndre Freaking Hopkins maybe the best WR in the NFL and guys still cry about someone who’s not on our team.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
DK Metcalf really wasn’t that good in college there’s a reason every other team in the NFL passed on him also.

Guys here act like he’s Randy Moss. Yeah he’s good but Jesus you would think he’s Julio Jones the way certain guys act on this board.

get over it. All the bitching and crying in the world isn’t going to change the fact he plays for Seattle.

we have DeAndre Freaking Hopkins maybe the best WR in the NFL and guys still cry about someone who’s not on our team.
It feels like you're missing the point as to why people are "bitching and crying." It's a specific instance pointing out a larger problem this team has: Keim's drafting has been very poor. I know you dislike when people criticize him for whatever reason, but it's not like we're pointing out some specific diamond in the rough he missed.

There's a two pick delta between both players. Many of us (myself included) were clamoring for Metcalf, and it immediately put a bad taste in our mouths.

Most of Keim's picks aren't contributing to this roster, and it's a legitimate worry that we can't snag guys like Hopkins and hand out massive contracts when we have to pay Kyler shortly.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It feels like you're missing the point as to why people are "bitching and crying." It's a specific instance pointing out a larger problem this team has: Keim's drafting has been very poor. I know you dislike when people criticize him for whatever reason, but it's not like we're pointing out some specific diamond in the rough he missed.

There's a two pick delta between both players. Many of us (myself included) were clamoring for Metcalf, and it immediately put a bad taste in our mouths.

Most of Keim's picks aren't contributing to this roster, and it's a legitimate worry that we can't snag guys like Hopkins and hand out massive contracts when we have to pay Kyler shortly.

no your talking about the 64th pick in the draft. EVERY TEAM in the NFL also passed on him for a reason.

so to act like a guy who was pretty much a work out warrior with no real history of producing on field oh and serious injury concerns was a sure this is pure BS. It’s arm chair Monday morning quarterbacking at best.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
no your talking about the 64th pick in the draft. EVERY TEAM in the NFL also passed on him for a reason.

so to act like a guy who was pretty much a work out warrior with no real history of producing on field oh and serious injury concerns was a sure this is pure BS. It’s arm chair Monday morning quarterbacking at best.
It doesn't change the fact that we drafted a tiny, small school dude who had done nothing but put up garbage time points in college. The pick was bad. Many picks from Keim have been bad. He is less successful than most of his peers.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ain’t no way in hell you're gonna be discussing this every week.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Ain’t no way in hell you're gonna be discussing this every week.
Hey, I didn't bump it. I didn't have anything to say about it anymore, but I have no problem with anyone else wanting to bring it up and being justifiably frustrated.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey, I didn't bump it. I didn't have anything to say about it anymore, but I have no problem with anyone else wanting to bring it up and being justifiably frustrated.
Yes, it was bad. Still is. It’s aggravating, but it’s not a franchise-altering decision like Trubiscuit boy over Watson & Mahomes. Lets just move on.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose