Drafting Andy Isabella over D.K. Metcalf... Damn!

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't watch a lot of college football, so my opinion of Metcalf was based on reading that he was big, strong, and fast, but with NO agility, a VERY thin route tree, a history of injury, and not much college production. Seemed like a weight room warrior with HUGE bust potential. I'd never seen a spider chart as concerning as this one:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

I think Keim would've been LAMBASTED by most here had he taken Metcalf in the 2nd... but then, that's why NFL GMs get paid the big bucks, and we fans just criticize them.

...dbs

P.S. Now that I found it, I see that, Andy Isabella's spider chart is a lot more concerning!

On the other hand, Hakeem Butler sure had the measurables:

Last edited:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
When you are sitting at #62 in the draft and you are taking a WR and the WR ranked either #1 or #2 in that position (Metcalf) in almost every draft publication is still on the board you take him. You don't draft Andy Freakin Isabella who sits down in the double digits of every ranking. As I recall Keim was boasting how great it was they were able to grab Jones this year yet you bypass the consensus top WR the year before. SMFH.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Wanna switch our draft with Seattle’s draft that year? You can get Metcalf

cause even Seattle passed on him TWICE for two guys that are horrible
With how mediocre our team is right now? Outside of Kyler, yes, I'd like to switch drafts.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No lateral quickness, poor college production, injury history, and drops. He wasn’t even the best WR according to most coming out of Ole Miss. Already in his first 21 games, he has 10 drops. The question I have is DK Metcalf a product of Russell Wilson? Wilson has never eclipsed 4300 yards in a season, this years he’s on pace for 4800. Wilson is playing at an all-time high and I think Metcalf is the beneficiary.

Isabella has more catches already this season than last and he’s using his hands a lot more to catch the ball this season. I wish we’d utilize his speed more much like LA does with all their WRs and have them in sprint motion to draw the D and every now and then hand it to him.

2 different players and I’d much rather compare them in 15 years rather than their first 20 games. Many believed, myself included, thought we got a better version of Metcalf in Hakeem Butler. Just wasn’t meant to be though.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
No lateral quickness, poor college production, injury history, and drops. He wasn’t even the best WR according to most coming out of Ole Miss. Already in his first 21 games, he has 10 drops. The question I have is DK Metcalf a product of Russell Wilson? Wilson has never eclipsed 4300 yards in a season, this years he’s on pace for 4800. Wilson is playing at an all-time high and I think Metcalf is the beneficiary.

Isabella has more catches already this season than last and he’s using his hands a lot more to catch the ball this season. I wish we’d utilize his speed more much like LA does with all their WRs and have them in sprint motion to draw the D and every now and then hand it to him.

2 different players and I’d much rather compare them in 15 years rather than their first 20 games. Many believed, myself included, thought we got a better version of Metcalf in Hakeem Butler. Just wasn’t meant to be though.

I remember reading the only WR prospect from 2019 with a worse drop rate in CFB than Metcalf was Butler. I think the Cards were getting universally praised for getting him in the 4th rd.

I’m over passing on Metcalf but drafting Isabella that high was pure arrogance. Smartest guy in the room syndrome.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At this point I can't see IS ever producing as well as DK. Would anyone turn down a trade with us giving Seattle IS and them sending us DK? If so then maybe you shouldn't advertise how dumb you are :)

Having said that IS will continue to improve and will help us and be a weapon at KM's disposal.

I'm done worrying about this topic because every team has the same issue of what it we had drafted so and so instead of our guy.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

Only one of them will have career after 5 years.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm done worrying about this topic because every team has the same issue of what it we had drafted so and so instead of our guy.
I hate to keep pounding my shoe about this, but yes, while every team has the issue of "what if we had drafted _____," not every team has the issue of "why did we blatantly ignore our needs at a position when the right fit was staring us in the face?"

No one walked into the 2019 draft proclaiming we needed a slot WR, less size at the position, or a guy whose best production against real competition came in complete garbage time.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hate to keep pounding my shoe about this, but yes, while every team has the issue of "what if we had drafted _____," not every team has the issue of "why did we blatantly ignore our needs at a position when the right fit was staring us in the face?"

No one walked into the 2019 draft proclaiming we needed a slot WR, less size at the position, or a guy whose best production against real competition came in complete garbage time.

so what’s your end game here? all the crying in the world ain’t gonna change anything. I just don’t get it.

your girl broke up with you fam, let it go. Move on, be happy for her lol

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

Lol no you don't, you love to hate the team. It's ok man, we've sucked for a long time, it's hard not to.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
so what’s your end game here? all the crying in the world ain’t gonna change anything. I just don’t get it.

your girl broke up with you fam, let it go. Move on, be happy for her lol
My end game is to keep complaining until we move on from Steve Keim. I don't know, maybe come back to me in two weeks if we beat both the Cowboys and Seahawks, but man, it feels like I'm going to be in my 40s before this team plays another playoff game.

Lol no you don't, you love to hate the team. It's ok man, we've sucked for a long time, it's hard not to.
I wasn't like this until we hired Kingsbury. I've just never disagreed with a decision this team has made more. Obviously, we've made some bad moves in the 90s/early 2000s, but when you're a teenager you just run off of blind optimism and hoping you don't know any better. The past two and a half years have made watching my favorite team a chore, lol.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some of us did...

Ok, do you just like making yourself miserable bringing up coulda shoulda's forever?

I freaking hate this crap. I'm sick of hearing about Luka Donic for the same reason. Yeah we all get it - you should be the GM. But none of the NFL GM's agreed with you so it is unfair to call Keim incompetent - unless they are all incompetent. I defy anybody that watched Metcalfs college tape to tell me they really believed he would be this good - because he showed none of this. He was only drafted in the 3rd for his physical qualities - not his demonstrated effectiveness as a reciever.

I'm not impressed you fell for the pre draft hype about his 2% body fat and his 40 time. That is a great way to draft a bust - the raiders have proven that 10 times in the last 2 decades. Just because this one time it worked out does not make you a genius for buying into the hype.

Until someone invents a time machine it is a complete and total waste of time to even think about crap like this.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Ok, do you just like making yourself miserable bringing up coulda shoulda's forever?

I freaking hate this crap. I'm sick of hearing about Luka Donic for the same reason. Yeah we all get it - you should be the GM. But none of the NFL GM's agreed with you so it is unfair to call Keim incompetent - unless they are all incompetent. I defy anybody that watched Metcalfs college tape to tell me they really believed he would be this good - because he showed none of this. He was only drafted in the 3rd for his physical qualities - not his demonstrated effectiveness as a reciever.

I'm not impressed you fell for the pre draft hype about his 2% body fat and his 40 time. That is a great way to draft a bust - the raiders have proven that 10 times in the last 2 decades. Just because this one time it worked out does not make you a genius for buying into the hype.

Until someone invents a time machine it is a complete and total waste of time to even think about crap like this.
Lol... I’ve gone over this many times here. I watched him in college and was very impressed with him despite his injury history and relative lack of targets. He stood out to me. Did I think he’d be a superstar? No. Did think he’s be a very good pro worthy of second our pick? Hell yes. I was screaming at the TV on draft night. You can call this crap all you want. I will continue to lament this as long as I feel like it. If you don’t like the topic, stop reading it.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
we need to flip Isabella and Fitz's snap counts... Fitz averaging about double Sizzlebellas snaps... it hurts to say but Fitz needs to be featured less often

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
These posts are priceless, and no need to single out anyone, but man haha... just got done with my run, and can safely say I just got more yards than this whole college offense will get all season :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard