Don Banks New Mock

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
26 G-OT Mike Iupati Idaho Sr. 6-5 325
Inside linebacker is the Cardinals' top priority, but with Sean Weatherspoon gone to No. 19 Atlanta, Arizona will look next to either defensive tackle or the offensive line. Iupati would immediately upgrade the Cardinals at guard, and some project him as an eventual right tackle in the NFL. Many teams grade him in the teens in the first round, so he's a great value for Arizona at No. 26.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/04/14/mock.draft.3/index.html#ixzz0l7NGdtOA

I would be pleased.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I would not. I don't like Iupati as a prospect at all--he's a holding machine. I would maybe take the risk if he came to us in the second, but he's overhyped because there are no other OG prospects in this draft.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I would not. I don't like Iupati as a prospect at all--he's a holding machine. I would maybe take the risk if he came to us in the second, but he's overhyped because there are no other OG prospects in this draft.

K9 agree on he's a holding machine.

Doesn't this team have enough OG's on the roster? The 1 legit OT we know we have is Brown & it's not like he's the 2nd coming of Orlando Pace. No chance in hell the Cards pick this guy!!!

Last edited:

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

:thumbup:

And Hughes is still on the board.

Monty

2010 Cardinals Draft Guru
Reaction score

Wow i feel strange saying this but i agree with K9 on this. Iupati is overhyped and tbh i wouldnt want him in the second either. Not saying he is that bad now its just i dont want him with the Cards because i predict he'll be be a big disappointment in the NFL. From what ive seen of him he is an excellent run blocker but his pass protection technique is off key on several downs i saw him take part in. We all know we are gonna need to give Leinart the best pass protection possible for him to succeed so for this reason id rule him out of our plans. There are lesser reasons that i downgrade him in my eyes including that he apparently speaks very little english which could hamper communication and the fact that he played against a lot weak opposition make his overall numbers inflated.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wow i feel strange saying this but i agree with K9 on this. Iupati is overhyped and tbh i wouldnt want him in the second either. Not saying he is that bad now its just i dont want him with the Cards because i predict he'll be be a big disappointment in the NFL. From what ive seen of him he is an excellent run blocker but his pass protection technique is off key on several downs i saw him take part in. We all know we are gonna need to give Leinart the best pass protection possible for him to succeed so for this reason id rule him out of our plans. There are lesser reasons that i downgrade him in my eyes including that he apparently speaks very little english which could hamper communication and the fact that he played against a lot weak opposition make his overall numbers inflated.

Born in American Somoa, high school in California, and College at Idaho... what language could he possibly be speaking?

OP
OP
earthsci

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Born in American Somoa, high school in California, and College at Idaho... what language could he possibly be speaking?

Samoan.

He speaks English fine though. He did have to go to a JC because of the language barrier but as you can see here, there are no longer any language issues.