Do you think Penny will start this game?

PhiLLmattiC

Last of a Dying Breed
Reaction score
He's been playing well off the bench but FJ needs to do something to get the team going. He hasn't ruled out the chance of him getting the starting job back in fact he said he'll get it back eventual. I think this is a good game to do it. Especially since its against Sacramento.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I think he should start. He would start for any normal coach, but we don't have one, so anything is possible.

hoopfan189

Reaction score
Penny can't hit a shot from the outside anymore. Maybe it's his wrist. In the Warriors game he kept touching that right thumb, so maybe it still isn't healed . I think JJ will finish the year off at the starting sg spot.

It's a shame, but Penny's washed up. As soon as he started gaining some confidence and his reputation as a star player-- bang, Samaki Walker ended that. This season he was playing ok, and then he breaks his thumb. It's just a shame. This guy is going to end his career getting garbage minutes and averaging about 3 points a game. He was a sure Hall of Famer before his bad luck kicked in.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Penny is NOT washed up. I agree with you about him having horrible luck, but to say he is washed up is crazy. Honestly if the guy could ever avoid freak injuries I still see him as a top 15 SG.

If Phoenix can go the rest of the season playing him only 10 minutes per game then I am all for it. Get him heathly for the post season. Penny is a guy that loves to step it up in the playoffs, he would be key to us shocking the spurs or mavericks.

He just never seems to get any breaks.

hoopfan189

Reaction score
That's the point. He's not going to get anymore breaks. His super star, all-star career is over. I think he's content with just being a role player.

OP
OP
P

PhiLLmattiC

Last of a Dying Breed
Reaction score
Yeah people do forget really fast, but as long as JJs playing a little more consistent and Pennys playing well off the bench they might as well save him for as long as they can. I hope he does end up starting eventually. Its think it would be frustrating for a guy to work his ass off to get back from injuries just to be a role player off the bench. He says he wouldn't mind playing off the bench but he also said playing at least 30 minutes. Being a proven veteran he deserves to start, but i can see how JJs development is more important to the team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson