Do Ayton's comments concern you?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I really doubt it. He's filled out even more but he had a pretty good body as it was. It's not like he was Bender or anything like that (or even remotely close to that). He lifted regularly going into his freshman season, added quite a bit of upper body muscle, and that had a lot to do with why he wore down in the middle of the season.
Oh cmon he wasn’t fat or skinny at UofA but he didn’t approach the physique of THAT picture!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh cmon he wasn’t fat or skinny at UofA but he didn’t approach the physique of THAT picture!

No he didn't but he wasn't ignored by teams because of a lack of muscle. He had a very solid frame to build upon and he had well defined muscle at the start of the season. And he'd added a lot going into the season to get to that point.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was already a rich man's Frye in his freshman season. As I mentioned, in preparation to play center he added a fair amount of muscle going into the season but it was clear he had the frame to add even more. I'm not sure but I think he slimmed down a bit during the season though as he was needed to play the 4 mostly along with some time at the 3.

He wasn't bulky at any point but he was still a very well built young man, not skinny at all. IMO, teams passed on him not because of anything he did or didn't do in college but primarily because so often in the past this type of player (white Euro, finesse, outside shooter) has been a disappointment. It was easy to assume he might follow in their footsteps.

Nothing seemed to scream Porzingis but Markannen may turn out to be just as good or possibly better with the injury to Kristaps.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing seemed to scream Porzingis but Markannen may turn out to be just as good or possibly better with the injury to Kristaps.

I would have taken Lauri over Porzingis but not because he was his equal or better. Even before his injury his obvious injury risks would have sent me to Markannen. But each at their best, Porzingis is a clear step above a player I think has HOF potential if he stays healthy. Lauri is special, Porzingis' potential is off the charts though IMO.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have taken Lauri over Porzingis but not because he was his equal or better. Even before his injury his obvious injury risks would have sent me to Markannen. But each at their best, Porzingis is a clear step above a player I think has HOF potential if he stays healthy. Lauri is special, Porzingis' potential is off the charts though IMO.

Porzingis may have been a step above Markkanen but injuries tend to level the playing field. It will be interesting to compare the two players as the years go by. I'd be thrilled to have either.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Porzingis may have been a step above Markkanen but injuries tend to level the playing field. It will be interesting to compare the two players as the years go by. I'd be thrilled to have either.

I'd be thrilled but paranoid if Porzingis was ours. I feel the same about Embiid. They may own the league for a decade plus but it would be a scary ride IMO, with disaster looming around every bump and bruise.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be thrilled but paranoid if Porzingis was ours. I feel the same about Embiid. They may own the league for a decade plus but it would be a scary ride IMO, with disaster looming around every bump and bruise.

I definitely agree it would be a scary ride having a player like Porzingis. It might resemble the Amare experience except the prognosis for Kristaps should be better.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
OML Let's play some ball already the suspense is killing me! I cant wait to watch all these kids grow into men and see what kind of team we have down the road!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've seen both in person and Pozingis and is an absolute freak. Yeah, the knee injury is scary but when healthy he is virtually unguardable and a defensive force. Lauri is really good but almost exclusively an outside player and not a defensive presence.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard