Do Ayton's comments concern you?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm lots of DBook with Durant. Sounds like he wants to sign with us eventually and solve our PF problem . . .

Wouldn't stun me. Curry just said he wants to finish his career as a Warrior. I can see at some point the money is just going to get too big to keep them all together.

Watching Durant in those open runs makes you realize just how good he really is, one of the guys there blocks his shot, I think it was Bryant the guy who's on the Lakers played at Indiana. The video is edited I assume but Durant scores like the next 5 times just to make a point to the guy, and does it easily.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Turns 30 next month, doesn't fit the timeline.
KD is going to be effective for 6 or 7 more years. Its not a problem.

It would be a way to rebuild his rep. Leave GS and help Phoenix win its first title. It would be kind of like LeBron going back to Cleveland.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It would be a way to rebuild his rep. Leave GS and help Phoenix win its first title. It would be kind of like LeBron going back to Cleveland.

Yeah, every year this board fantasizes about how a top-five player is going to join the Suns in order to enhance his legacy. It hasn't happened yet, and I seriously doubt that Durant is going to be the one to break new ground.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes action speaks louder than words. This gesture says a lot. Ayton has purchased 300 tickets for Mercury fans to attend a playoff game.

See excerpt and link below for further information:

"Phoenix Suns center Deandre Ayton has been an outspoken supporter of the Mercury on social media.

He's taking his support up a notch for the WNBA playoffs.

The former University of Arizona standout has purchased 300 tickets for the Mercury’s single-elimination Round 1 playoff game against the Dallas Wings on Tuesday night at Arizona State University's Wells Fargo Arena at 5:30 p.m."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ry-dallas-wings-wnba-playoff-game/1042821002/

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes action speaks louder than words. This gesture says a lot. Ayton has purchased 300 tickets for Mercury fans to attend a playoff game.

"Phoenix Suns center Deandre Ayton has been an outspoken supporter of the Mercury on social media.

The former University of Arizona standout has purchased 300 tickets for the Mercury’s single-elimination Round 1 playoff game against the Dallas Wings on Tuesday night at Arizona State University's Wells Fargo Arena at 5:30 p.m."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ry-dallas-wings-wnba-playoff-game/1042821002/

that's pretty cool. definitely shows he wants to endear himself and ingratiate himself in the valley's sports culture.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score

As a Mercury fan, this is good to see. Now if he could only teach Brittney Griner to be consistent in her performance at Center. :)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a Mercury fan, this is good to see. Now if he could only teach Brittney Griner to be consistent in her performance at Center. :)

I meant to mention you in the post. I knew you would like it. :wink2:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's pretty cool. definitely shows he wants to endear himself and ingratiate himself in the valley's sports culture.

Also he is a big fan of Diana Taurasi. It's all good.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KD is going to be effective for 6 or 7 more years. Its not a problem.

At the most recent run(I hate calling it Rico Hines runs) LeBron was watching and Durant and Harden were on one team and Westbrook and Paul George was on the other. For those who haven't see Westbrook lately he looks like he's been training with weightlifters he looks absolutely HUGE. I would ordinarily say he's too big and its' going to slow him down but he looks as explosive as ever in the video.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At the most recent run(I hate calling it Rico Hines runs) LeBron was watching and Durant and Harden were on one team and Westbrook and Paul George was on the other. For those who haven't see Westbrook lately he looks like he's been training with weightlifters he looks absolutely HUGE. I would ordinarily say he's too big and its' going to slow him down but he looks as explosive as ever in the video.

That will be interesting to see this year, a jacked up Westbrook. That may help him absorb more contact when he drives to the basket, similar to how Lebron can muscle through contact easily. I think the Thunder will be much better without Melo this year and if Billy Donavon can actually create a solid rotation where everyone buys in they could play the spoiler role next postseason. I thought they might do that last year also but with Roberson going down and Melo becoming more worthless as the year went on, they fell apart. They did play well against the Warriors and Rockets though. They went 2-2 against GS and 2-1 against the Rockets.

Without Melo, Paul George will be able to establish himself as their #2 behind Russ and they'll probably move Jerami Grant to their starting 5 as their PF and having Roberson's defense will be big for them. They have a decent bench on paper also, with Schroeder, Patrick Patterson, and Nerlens Noel. They have the pieces to be a good defensive team and they'll need to be in order to challenge either the Rockets or Warriors. This is pretty much the last year I think they'll be able to face the Warriors with an angry Westbrook also. The longer he and KD have been separated the less of an issue it seems they have with each other. Seeing Russ vs the Warriors in the playoffs could make for a great series.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That will be interesting to see this year, a jacked up Westbrook. That may help him absorb more contact when he drives to the basket, similar to how Lebron can muscle through contact easily. I think the Thunder will be much better without Melo this year and if Billy Donavon can actually create a solid rotation where everyone buys in they could play the spoiler role next postseason. I thought they might do that last year also but with Roberson going down and Melo becoming more worthless as the year went on, they fell apart. They did play well against the Warriors and Rockets though. They went 2-2 against GS and 2-1 against the Rockets.

Without Melo, Paul George will be able to establish himself as their #2 behind Russ and they'll probably move Jerami Grant to their starting 5 as their PF and having Roberson's defense will be big for them. They have a decent bench on paper also, with Schroeder, Patrick Patterson, and Nerlens Noel. They have the pieces to be a good defensive team and they'll need to be in order to challenge either the Rockets or Warriors. This is pretty much the last year I think they'll be able to face the Warriors with an angry Westbrook also. The longer he and KD have been separated the less of an issue it seems they have with each other. Seeing Russ vs the Warriors in the playoffs could make for a great series.

I'm very skeptical how good Roberson will be having had the same injury he did but then he's half my age and from what I've read he only had 1 tear not a top and bottom tear like I did. I've asked both my surgeon and my PT folks about him and they all said while they think he can and probably will get back to the NBA, they don't think he'll ever be the same sort of explosive athlete. Quickness is really important on defense it will be interesting to see how much he has left.

I'm pulling for him though.

I didn't see Booker in the video but I didn't watch the whole thing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson