Devin Booker is the greatest player EVER in Suns history

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
and then there was one - book's less than 2K away from the legendary walter davis
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Looking at the numbers he'll pass Davis next season, most likely, but could get to #5 for Assists this season and pass Kidd. Needs around 200 for that to happen.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at the numbers he'll pass Davis next season, most likely, but could get to #5 for Assists this season and pass Kidd. Needs around 200 for that to happen.
How sweet would it be if he gets to #5 in assists, wins a title this season then breaks Davis's record next season?!!?

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Other players may have had time with the Suns where they were more impactful on the team, but Devin's amount of time with the team and accomplishments with the team put him at the top IMO. This team has only seen 3 finals and Devin brought us one of those. Nash did make more deep playoff runs TBF, but never had us so close to a title. Barkley simply wasn't here long enough to be in this convo for me. Nash does indeed have a very strong argument for now at least. A few more years of Devin being here probably puts him over the top.
Nash might have won a Title if a certain Ref wasn't calling BS calls on them causing them to lose the game and series.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Still shocks me to see Amare over Nash & Westphal knowing how much time he missed here. What a thoroughbred he was when healthy. Absolute Stud.

Book. Hands down GOAT of the Suns IMO. A title would cement it in granite. Statues will be built.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Still shocks me to see Amare over Nash & Westphal knowing how much time he missed here. What a thoroughbred he was when healthy. Absolute Stud.

Book. Hands down GOAT of the Suns IMO. A title would cement it in granite. Statues will be built.
Amare scared people.

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
My pick is Steve Nash > Two time MVP in the NBA while playing for the Suns. That's saying a mega-statement, and

until Book can help the Suns win a NBA Championship AND a NBA MVP crown,,,, he'll be second best.

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
Book got he Suns to the Finals. Nash never did.
While you are correct,,,,the year Nash got smashed into the announcer's stand and bloodied at San Antonio....then Amare' and Boris came off the bench onto the floor with following ejections from the next game...that was the year the Suns would have been to the finals and favored to win it all. Suns were screwed at that point. Now-a-days I see bench players coming onto the floor and nothing done.

You can't take away two NBA MVP awards for Nash...
Book is awesome for sure,,,but needs the Suns to win a championship. Until then,,,I'll stand on my point.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
While you are correct,,,,the year Nash got smashed into the announcer's stand and bloodied at San Antonio....then Amare' and Boris came off the bench onto the floor with following ejections from the next game...that was the year the Suns would have been to the finals and favored to win it all. Suns were screwed at that point. Now-a-days I see bench players coming onto the floor and nothing done.

Book is awesome for sure,,,but needs the Suns to win a championship. Until then,,,I'll stand on my point.
So if book gets 2 MVPs and got his team to the finals you still standing on nash?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Also our 21’ finals run in the west we got very fortunate with opposing player injuries. I never remember that being the case in the 04’-10’ eras. It was always the opposite. Imagine one of Duncan, Tony or Manu missing one of those series or even Dirk/Kobe.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also our 21’ finals run in the west we got very fortunate with opposing player injuries. I never remember that being the case in the 04’-10’ eras. It was always the opposite. Imagine one of Duncan, Tony or Manu missing one of those series or even Dirk/Kobe.

We were so cursed...

In 2007 we didn't just have the suspension that screwed us but in game 1 we probably win that game if Nash's face doesn't get smashed and he gets a cut that they couldn't get to stop bleeding.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My pick is Steve Nash > Two time MVP in the NBA while playing for the Suns. That's saying a mega-statement, and

until Book can help the Suns win a NBA Championship AND a NBA MVP crown,,,, he'll be second best.
Nash was amazin esp paired with marion amare suchhhhhhhhh a shame that team didnt win a title :( stupid ass spurs

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If Book gets two MVPs there is no question IMO.
To be fair, Nash would have had no shot of winning MVPs in today's league. Jokic, Embiid and Giannis all putting up crazy numbers on very good teams.

Nash would have had better numbers in today's league, but he probably wouldn't command the best offense in the league either.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair, Nash would have had no shot of winning MVPs in today's league. Jokic, Embiid and Giannis all putting up crazy numbers on very good teams.

Nash would have had better numbers in today's league, but he probably wouldn't command the best offense in the league either.
I don't buy that. Anytime a player, no matter in which era, that goes to a team and turns it into a contender has a shot. Also completely disagree on the best offense. Swap Beal (who I like) for Nash in his prime? Defense is worse but the offense is definitely better. Nash would have an assistapalooza and is a better floor general than anybody we have right now.

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I don't buy that. Anytime a player, no matter in which era, that goes to a team and turns it into a contender has a shot. Also completely disagree on the best offense. Swap Beal (who I like) for Nash in his prime? Defense is worse but the offense is definitely better. Nash would have an assistapalooza and is a better floor general than anybody we have right now.
Of course our offense would be better than it is with that move, but Nash would have two hall of fame level scorers to pass to as well. What you may be overlooking as that most teams are playing in a similar fashion to that SSOL team. In the sense they they all play up-tempo and score extremely efficiently.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course our offense would be better than it is with that move, but Nash would have two hall of fame level scorers to pass to as well. What you may be overlooking as that most teams are playing in a similar fashion to that SSOL team. In the sense they they all play up-tempo and score extremely efficiently.
It might be one of the best offenses of all time with Nash on this squad.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Book got the Suns to the finals. IF he can get 2 NBA MVP honors,
then I would move him to the pinnacle.
I hope he can accomplish that!!
There's no right way to answer the question of greatest Sun ever but AFAIC your requirements are tantamount to saying no way in hell would I ever put Booker first. I'd be absolutely shocked if he ever won a single NBA MVP award, I can't imagine what would have to happen in this league for him to win two of them. And considering this franchise has 55 seasons of history with no championships (and only 3 finals trips), anyone demanding an NBA championship from him is being unrealistic.

Nash, at his best was a better player than Devin at his best and if that's how you define "greatest Sun ever", I see no reason to move off of that unless someone actually does have greater individual success than Nash.

I have Booker as the greatest player in Suns history because he's one of a small group of Phoenix greats, so far he has played his entire career here, he's well on his way to dominating multiple all time franchise records, he has always represented the city well, he's been the face of the franchise longer than almost any other Phoenix great, he has no huge blemishes on his record and he's had to do this while facing up to far more organizational turmoil than any of the other Suns legends (I'm intentionally ignoring the impact of the drug scandal).

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
We were so cursed...

In 2007 we didn't just have the suspension that screwed us but in game 1 we probably win that game if Nash's face doesn't get smashed and he gets a cut that they couldn't get to stop bleeding.

Joe breaks nose
Joe gets lowballed then S&T
Essentially give away the #7 pick in 04’ (among many other picks)
Amare microfracture
Raja calf tear vs Dallas
Nash nose bleed
Horry shove
Kobe air ball/Artest put back

Nash and the Suns despite their flaws should have a least one title and every narrative surrounding that team era is different

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard