Devin Booker is the greatest player EVER in Suns history

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Missing on Iguodala in the 2004 draft and then that 2006 draft lottery that cost us probably Joakim Noah were killers. I'm not sure that our best shot wasn't that 2006 run. IIRC we had really clobbered Miami a couple times that year… ran them right off the court. I'm too lazy to go look up all the details right now to confirm but I believe we lost Kurt Thomas just before the playoffs and then R Bell in the western conference finals against Dallas.

That 2010 team was my favorite though.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The case for Nash.

FYI.... A good amount of NSFW language.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Booker now the second most prolific scorer in Suns history. Will be number one sometime next year. I know Barkley has a league MVP, and Nash two, but if Booker wins us a Championship he would have something neither of those guys could do.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Booker now the second most prolific scorer in Suns history. Will be number one sometime next year. I know Barkley has a league MVP, and Nash two, but if Booker wins us a Championship he would have something neither of those guys could do.
Although I would still believe it was Durant who made it happen:)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Although I would still believe it was Durant who made it happen:)
He did in GS that year. He was fire on both sides of the ball. He deserved those Finals MVPs, imho. I know everyone in the Bay Area wanted Curry, but KD was nails. They kept throwing it out to him with less than 5 seconds on the clock after Curry and Thompson couldn't get open, and he was hitting those shots to beat the buzzer it seemed like every time. People in the Bay Area are still mad he won these Finals MVPs over Curry. LOL!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The case for Nash.

FYI.... A good amount of NSFW language.

He was freaking awesome. Shaq can suck it that he didn't deserve his MVPs. One thing is we only had Steve and Barkley for parts of their careers. DB is home grown and will possibly end his career here. DB IS PHX to me. This guy has been loyal to PHX every time people thought he was leaving. He famously said he wouldn't go to play with other guys, that they could come to play with him. We are witnessing possibly the most loyal PHX sporting figure of all time in all sports, sorry Fitz. Fitz doesn't represent the Cards as much as DB does the Suns. I can't remember the last time I saw Fitz at a Cards game. Devin is always at Mercury games, recruiting players to the Suns, etc. When DB retires he will be the greatest PHX Sports figure of all time, not just the Suns. That's just my opinion. You guys have your own opinions just as valid as mine. :)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He was freaking awesome. Shaq can suck it that he didn't deserve his MVPs. One thing is we only had Steve and Barkley for parts of their careers. DB is home grown and will possibly end his career here. DB IS PHX to me. This guy has been loyal to PHX every time people thought he was leaving. He famously said he wouldn't go to play with other guys, that they could come to play with him. We are witnessing possibly the most loyal PHX sporting figure of all time in all sports, sorry Fitz. Fitz doesn't represent the Cards as much as DB does the Suns. I can't remember the last time I saw Fitz at a Cards game. Devin is always at Mercury games, recruiting players to the Suns, etc. When DB retires he will be the greatest PHX Sports figure of all time, not just the Suns. That's just my opinion. You guys have your own opinions just as valid as mine. :)
Eh...Fitz represents the Cardinals more than Booker does the Suns IMO, because when many people think of the Cardinals, they think of Fitzgerald first and foremost..I don't think you can say the same about Booker yet.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eh...Fitz represents the Cardinals more than Booker does the Suns IMO, because when many people think of the Cardinals, they think of Fitzgerald first and foremost..I don't think you can say the same about Booker yet.

Because Fitz was part of the Cardinals only decent stint. They were awful before, a good portion during, and after his time. They have a 35 year history and he's like their Barry Sanders because he was a phenomenal player who was loyal to a fault.

Booker has much bigger shoes to fill. Who would be the #2 Cardinal, serious question? Outside of Fitz and current players I'd imagine most would say Pat Tillman but that isn't for his career as a Cardinal. Kurt Warner is a Ram. Jake Plummer? A Bronco, and a forgettable one at that. How many Arizona Cardinals are in the HOF?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because Fitz was part of the Cardinals only decent stint. They were awful before, a good portion during, and after his time. They have a 35 year history and he's like their Barry Sanders because he was a phenomenal player who was loyal to a fault.

Booker has much bigger shoes to fill. Who would be the #2 Cardinal, serious question? Outside of Fitz and current players I'd imagine most would say Pat Tillman but that isn't for his career as a Cardinal. Kurt Warner is a Ram. Jake Plummer? A Bronco, and a forgettable one at that. How many Arizona Cardinals are in the HOF?
Aeneas Williams is the #2 Cardinal ever. Hall Of Famer. All Decade Team. 3 All-Pro seasons.

He was basically the defensive Fitz, except that was back when we were REALLY atrocious so he only saw the playoffs once during his tortured tenure here.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I guess I am old. I think of Jim Hart and Terry Metcalf.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Again, the Hart and met calf years were the bomb! Must watch TV back in the day.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Conrad Dobler was a show on defense. I feel like most of the forum has recency bias. Again, I'm old.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Conrad Dobler was a show on defense. I feel like most of the forum has recency bias. Again, I'm old.
Just from what he posted I concluded he was specifically talking about the Arizona version of the Cards. I wasn't a Cards fan until they moved to Arizona and Dobler was probably my most despised NFL player ever so I'll go a different direction. To me, the best Cards player in Arizona history not named Fitz is Aeneas Williams

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again, the Hart and met calf years were the bomb! Must watch TV back in the day.

I made sure to state 35 year history to reflect that of the team in Arizona and also specifically mentioned Arizona Cardinals at the end of the post. Fitz was brought up because the narrative shifted to Arizona based athlete so any Cardinals pre-Arizona wouldn't even be in consideration.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Probably Aeneas #2, but Murray has a chance to be #1 or #2.

Warner considers himself a Cardinals player.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting watch here. Essentially covers why Booker is such an efficient scorer despite taking a ton of "tough" shots.

When Devin Booker elevates for his jump shot, it's almost like he is in a world of own when he reaches the peak. This is why he can patiently shoot over defenders, even when shots are considered difficult.

His timing and ability to free himself with a variety of moves is almost flawless.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I believe the top-9 valley athletes are set in stone:

(in no order)
Nash
Book
Chuck
Randy
Gonzo
Goldy
Fitz
Aeneas
Warner

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I believe the top-9 valley athletes are set in stone:

(in no order)
Nash
Book
Chuck
Randy
Gonzo
Goldy
Fitz
Aeneas
Warner
Not sure about goldy.

Personally think chuck doesn’t make it. Maybe Walter Davis or kj.

Pretty sure Plummer is in there somewhere.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard