DeFilippo to interview for Cards OC opening

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He didnt do too great on his own. Maybe he is good for helping K2 establish his offense?
Well, he’s not calling the plays, & I find it as a positive.

- Not calling plays
- Young
- Has familiarity with NFL schemes & college spreads
- Helped Anton developing Wentz & Foles.

I still stand by thinking Kirk Cousins was more of a problem for the Vikes than DeFilippo. They looked the exact same with Kevin Stenfanski. EXACT same.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A man with something to prove & wanting to get back to the top. Color me intrigued & its only an advisory position so it shows he is humble enough for now.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is good at developing qbs. I think he would work well with KK. Needs to resurrect his career after the bad showing with the Vikings. I know nothing about his personality.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I love this hire if it happens. This would be awesome to have both KK and Defip designing plays. Two young creative minds. I can't wait to see how this offense is next season. I know it will take 5 or 6 games for things to really start coming together but I think we will have a very exciting offense with those two. Plus both of them are very good with quarterbacks so Rosen should improve a lot.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Would it be OC/QB coach or will there be a separate QB coach hire?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Defilipo has already proven himself over his head and a bad OC. There is nothing good about this hire other then his overhyped rep from being a QB coach for the wagles during the SB run. People that would like this hire have no real logical reasons for it. Those against do have something to lean on. Being fired as an OC on a team with talent in the middle of a playoff push in less than a year on the job... lol

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Defilipo has already proven himself over his head and a bad OC. There is nothing good about this hire other then his overhyped rep from being a QB coach for the wagles during the SB run. People that would like this hire have no real logical reasons for it. Those against do have something to lean on. Being fired as an OC on a team with talent in the middle of a playoff push in less than a year on the job... lol
Eh last year everyone thought he was a genius. Now he’s the worst thing ever? No one is typically as good as their best or worst reputation. Considering he won’t be calling plays and will more or less be assisting KK in integrating air raid and nfl offense, I’d say he’s likely a very good selection as an OCjr.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh last year everyone thought he was a genius. Now he’s the worst thing ever? No one is typically as good as their best or worst reputation. Considering he won’t be calling plays and will more or less be assisting KK in integrating air raid and nfl offense, I’d say he’s likely a very good selection as an OCjr.

That’s just it how does someone get tabbed a genius when working with a generational type talent in Wentz and as a QB coach wasn’t as involved in the O as say Reich and Peterson. Sounds like overhyped rep based on a whole lot of nothing. The excitement his name generates on this board is just over the top. Thr only thing that would even make it palatable is the fact that you referenced he wouldn’t be calling any plays...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That’s just it how does someone get tabbed a genius when working with a generational type talent in Wentz and as a QB coach wasn’t as involved in the O as say Reich and Peterson. Sounds like overhyped rep based on a whole lot of nothing. The excitement his name generates on this board is just over the top. Thr only thing that would even make it palatable is the fact that you referenced he wouldn’t be calling any plays...
You could be right. The truth is, I really haven’t the foggiest idea what our OC is going to do. It’s going to be largely KK’s offense, perhaps nuanced by nfl influence of the OC (but what does that really mean?), KK’s calling plays, and it seems the entire offensive staff might be built before the OC is hired (so he won’t have influence on that either). So at the end of the day, what’s our OC’s role other than as a consultant of sorts?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson