Dear Coach Tom Landry, Danny White and Darren Woodson

Reaction score
Dear Coach Tom Landry, Danny White & Darren Woodson,

I wanted you to know, that I recently woke up from a auto traffic accident. I have lived in Arizona all of my life, and always been a Dallas Cowboys fan. I actually been a Dallas Cowboys fan because of you Coach Landry, Danny White and Darren Woodson. Well I have came to realize after doing therapy and a lot of reading and more therapy, that I am going to be an Arizona Cardinal Fan. I am going to be an Arizona Cardinal Fan because of Coach Bruce Arians. I am going to be a fan of the Arizona Cardinals because of who they are, the people like Dru Grigson, Steve Keim, Ron Wolfley and Bruce Arians.

Thank you Coach for everything you did for me, and I will always be a big fan of Danny White and Darren Woodson. It is just time to move on and be an Arizona Cardinal. And thank you guys for making this decision, Coach Bruce Arians.

David Hokanson "Hokie"

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Don't forget Bob Breunig. I went to high school with him at Alhambra High and then ASU.

He was a four-time team captain, a three-time Pro-Bowler, a second-team All-Pro and a four-time All-NFC selection for Dallas.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

I wanted you to know, that I recently woke up from a auto traffic accident. I have lived in Arizona all of my life, and always been a Dallas Cowboys fan. I actually been a Dallas Cowboys fan because of you Coach Landry, Danny White and Darren Woodson. Well I have came to realize after doing therapy and a lot of reading and more therapy, that I am going to be an Arizona Cardinal Fan. I am going to be an Arizona Cardinal Fan because of Coach Bruce Arians. I am going to be a fan of the Arizona Cardinals because of who they are, the people like Dru Grigson, Steve Keim, Ron Wolfley and Bruce Arians.

Thank you Coach for everything you did for me, and I will always be a big fan of Danny White and Darren Woodson. It is just time to move on and be an Arizona Cardinal. And thank you guys for making this decision, Coach Bruce Arians.

David Hokanson "Hokie"

Nice first post! Welcome to the cards side!

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For real?
Yes. I know more about the Cardinals, Coyotes, Dbacks than my former teams due to my time spent on this board. Being a Suns fan brought me to this board, and this is the only message board I visit. I thought to myself might as well cheer for the local teams while I am here.:)

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Yes. I know more about the Cardinals, Coyotes, Dbacks than my former teams due to my time spent on this board. Being a Suns fan brought me to this board, and this is the only message board I visit. I thought to myself might as well cheer for the local teams while I am here.:)
That's good to hear. We need all the help we can get. :)

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm going to start cheering for the local teams also (good bye 49ers, Giants, Avalanche thanks for the memories but being part of this board has changed me.):thumbup:

Love it Ronin. Even after leaving AZ, AZ never left me.

I just reenrolled at ASU to finish my degree that I left unfinished when I joined the Army.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

David Hokanson "Hokie"

You must be more specific. Is it because of what the Cowboys have become or what the Cardinals have become? Just kidding, I know you have become a fan because you like hats. Landry had a trademark hat and so does Arians haha... welcome aboard sir

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

David Hokanson "Hokie"

I'm going to start cheering for the local teams also (good bye 49ers, Giants, Avalanche thanks for the memories but being part of this board has changed me.):thumbup:
About frickin' time.

:)

OP
OP
David Hokanson
Reaction score
Don't forget Bob Breunig. I went to high school with him at Alhambra High and then ASU.

He was a four-time team captain, a three-time Pro-Bowler, a second-team All-Pro and a four-time All-NFC selection for Dallas.
AZ Native,

Robert Paul Breunig

You are a friend of Bob Breunig?
I will always remember Breunig #53,
He actually is on my list of the possible Partners, with Roger Thomas Staubach, Richard E. Rainwater, Robert Lewis Lilly, Robert Holloway Jr., Henry S. Miller Jr., and Henry R. Perot.

Business Partners for Real Estate, Business Developement, Real Estate and Property Development. This is all in my list.

Just one minute, OK.

My question for you AZ Native:

Imagine this... Bob Breunig a Business Partner with the above list, purchasing the Dallas Cowboys in October 1988?

They would purchase the team from Harvey Roberts "Bum" Bright. They would have had to appoint a new Head Coach and replace COACH Thomas Landry in 1989.

Who would you have chosen to be the new Head Coach?

Who would Bob Breunig have liked to be the new Coach for the Dallas Cowboys in 1989?

I have been a fan of the Dallas Cowboys since 1975. I also really liked the Pittsburgh Steelers, and Terry Bradshaw. I had to make a tough decision at 9 years old.

I picked the Cowboys because of Thomas Landry, Danny White and Roger Thomas Staubach. My Dad would talk to me abought how good Bob Breunig was in school at Alhambra and Arizona State.

Let me know who you would have liked?

Thanks Buddy.

I will then let you know who I would have chosen.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I grew up in the Bay Area, left for SoCal in '84. After 20 years in Orange County, I was exiled to Phoenix by my then-employer in 2004. Best thing that ever happened to me, on a whole bunch of levels. Grew up in the end zone at Candlestick Park, die-hard Niner fan and Oakland A's fan to this day (about to head out to 1st spring game at HoHoKam in fact). But by the time 2006 arrived, I knew that Arizona was my permanent home, the new stadium was about to open, the 49er franchise was a shell of its former self, and I knew it was time to go all-in with my new home - and bought a pair of Cards season tickets and haven't looked back. I'm as hardcore a Cards fan as exists here, and we'll even be traveling to London in October for the Rams game and accompanying extravaganza with what will surely be a large local contingent making the trip.

Great to hear another transplant is adopting the Cards and the other locals.

OP
OP
David Hokanson
Reaction score
So basically what you're saying is that you, sissy and tango are the three best friends that anyone could have?
I have brain damage. Are you making fun of me? I am confussed, who is sissy and tango?

Your statement sounds alot like some of the Cowboys fans. What are you actually trying to say!

Are you for real?

Reaction score
I have brain damage. Are you making fun of me? I am confussed, who is sissy and tango?

Your statement sounds alot like some of the Cowboys fans. What are you actually trying to say!

Are you for real?

He was making fun of you. He's the board ass who likes to make fun of other posters. Just ignore him.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Hokie!

Glad to hear you survived your ordeal! Hopefully your heart is strong because as a fan of the Cardiac Cardinals you will need it!

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if any of what the OP said is real or not? Great Joke if not or a great start if true.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pity you jumped on the wagon when it appears a few of the wheels are rattling loose.

Other than that... Welcome aboard!!!

OP
OP
David Hokanson
Reaction score
WE ARE GOING TO GET THROUGH THIS TOGETHER! WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A GREAT SEASON AND ONE THAT WE WILL REMEMBER FOR A LONG TIME. I HAVE A GREAT FEELING THAT IT IS GOING TO BE A LOT OF FUN, SO OUR FANS WILL REMEMBER IT ALL STARTS WITH THE FANS!

OP
OP
David Hokanson
Reaction score
Pity you jumped on the wagon when it appears a few of the wheels are rattling loose.

Other than that... Welcome aboard!!!
It is all good. I like the wheels that we have...I will ride the wagon till we blow the doors off the competition! I will enjoy this season, and enjoy it one day at a time. It is all good, I will ride this wagon with you fans. =)

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Are you for real?
No one has ever paid attention to him since his infamous "Matt Leinart beer bonging in hot tub night before Ravens game" thread. Getting slammed by cardsfanmd is a true compliment.

Welcome to our board and our team.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
No one has ever paid attention to him since his infamous "Matt Leinart beer bonging in hot tub night before Ravens game" thread. Getting slammed by cardsfanmd is a true compliment.

Welcome to our board and our team.

He is camped on my ignore list because I don't have time for people like him.