New Coach Old TE Last Place

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
To ME it seems we have spent a good amount of time reflecting of our new GM, what he brings to the table, and what we hope and expect from him. But it seems the opposite about Head Coach Jonathan Gannon. It's probably my laziness, but I still know nothing about this cat. I wouldn't recognize him if he sat on my lap and nuzzled up to me purring. It is almost like so far for me he has been a non-entity with regards to the Cardinals. I would like for one of you smart fans to do a short exciting write up on him. Something positive, informative, and motivating for us dummy fans, or maybe even just me!

Was wondering this am about the idea of a trade pairing Zach Ertz with the Cowboys for a one year. Off the top of my head, it sounds like a great move for Dallas. But I have no idea about it from the Cards stand point, or if it would even be possible or something that could benefit us long term. Anyone have a thought about if possible, what it could bring us, and if it would be of interest?

Lastly, saw some Vegas odds just now that has Cards at -250 to finish last in their division. Seems like a gimme to me. A $25,000 bet would make you a quick $10,000, if my betting math is correct. Are you in or out?

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My take on Gannon is he is a very enthusiastic, confident and bright man. He has a vision and a planned method on how to coach. He seems like he is his own man and I expect some snarky times ahead with the media.

I don’t think he will shy away from accountability, both for himself, his staff and his players. I don’t believe we will hear him say , “ You have to give them credit” after a loss.

He is a high energy guy full of a little bit too much rah rah which I think will wear thin as losses add up. Personally I think he’s s bit over his head and it will take some time to get a grasp on the entire situation.

The saddest part is he is going to be outmanned with this roster so grading the job he is doing is going to be a bit of a challenge to analyze.

I could be totally wrong but hey, you asked for insight. This is mine.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Re: Ertz, his dead cap number is more than his cap number for this year, so it would cost us more from a cap perspective to not have him on the team next year vs having him on the team. MB would save paying him $8.75M salary though.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It'll be next to impossible to tell if he's going to be good after the first season, what with the absolute garbage roster we're trotting out, but we should know all we need to know about him after year two. Basically, if we're competitive in games this season, he'll be doing yeoman's work for me.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To ME it seems we have spent a good amount of time reflecting of our new GM, what he brings to the table, and what we hope and expect from him. But it seems the opposite about Head Coach Jonathan Gannon. It's probably my laziness, but I still know nothing about this cat. I wouldn't recognize him if he sat on my lap and nuzzled up to me purring. It is almost like so far for me he has been a non-entity with regards to the Cardinals. I would like for one of you smart fans to do a short exciting write up on him. Something positive, informative, and motivating for us dummy fans, or maybe even just me!

Was wondering this am about the idea of a trade pairing Zach Ertz with the Cowboys for a one year. Off the top of my head, it sounds like a great move for Dallas. But I have no idea about it from the Cards stand point, or if it would even be possible or something that could benefit us long term. Anyone have a thought about if possible, what it could bring us, and if it would be of interest?

Lastly, saw some Vegas odds just now that has Cards at +250 to finish last in their division. Seems like a gimme to me. A $25,000 bet would make you a quick $10,000, if my betting math is correct. Are you in or out?
+250 would bring you 25k off 10k

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose