Deandre Hopkins Suspended Six Games

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No it's for high blood pressure
As a phenethylamine, ephedrine has a similar chemical structure to amphetamines and is a methamphetamine analogue having the methamphetamine structure with a hydroxyl group at the β position. Because of ephedrine's structural similarity to methamphetamine, it can be used to create methamphetamine using chemical reduction in which ephedrine's hydroxyl group is removed; this has made ephedrine a highly sought-after chemical precursor in the illicit manufacture of methamphetamine.

Ephedrine is a medication and stimulant.[5] It is often used to prevent low blood pressure during anesthesia.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So where does these banned PED's come from? Are some over-the-counter workout "enhancers" that Joe Schmoe can get at GNC? Or are the banned substances only available from a DR.?
If you're talking steroids, most are bought online. The raw materials to make the drugs almost all come from China. "Entrepreneurs" in various countries will buy these materials and mix them up in their basement into injectable oils and pills, which are then sold online. All transactions are made with cryptocurrency. Almost no legal risk to buy, feds go after suppliers rather than users. Some steroids are easier to hide from drug tests than others. Athletes getting popped usually means that their supplier messed up and mixed in trace amounts of a different steroid that is easily detected.

There are steroids made by actual pharmaceutical companies which are prescribed by doctors. I don't know if there are a ton of doctors risking their medical license for athletes.

GNC actually was straight up selling steroids over the counter in the early 2000's as workout enhancers. There were marketed as "prohormones" and they were basically just steroids with less testing and worse side effects. Some technicality or faulty regulation made them legal to sell. I think laws banning them weren't passed until 2014.

GNC will sell anything that the FDA hasn't sniffed out yet. Most of their stuff is expensive garbage marketed to look like steroids, but yeah apparently back then it wasn't just a ripoff, there were legitimately dangerous substances on their shelves.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Question might have already been asked, but I didn't see it. Does the team save (Salary Cap) on the salary that Nuk isn't paid?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I say we bring in Dez Bryant for a workout. We don't have to sign him, and if for some reason it looks like he can play with some vet experience, cool beans. The guy has not been a locker room problem unlike Antonio 'off his rocker without a shirt" Brown, though less talented, but the guy said he would be willing to play for the vet minimum with the Cards and would not require to be a starter... give us some entertainment at least while we wait on that Kyler extension lol

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I say we bring in Dez Bryant for a workout. We don't have to sign him, and if for some reason it looks like he can play with some vet experience, cool beans. The guy has not been a locker room problem unlike Antonio 'off his rocker without a shirt" Brown, though less talented, but the guy said he would be willing to play for the vet minimum with the Cards and would not require to be a starter... give us some entertainment at least while we wait on that Kyler extension lol
I have never liked Dez.

But, signing him might actually get AI off the roster...
In the end who really cares which guy is WR6

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I have never liked Dez.

But, signing him might actually get AI off the roster...

In the end who really cares which guy is WR6
I'm bored, might give us something to talk about instead of which wins or loses are memorable in a season which got us nowhere. Now people do get hurt, hence a injury and that 6 guy is no longer a 6 guy... but the main point which I had not considered, it would ship Isabella off :cool:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Well Hop is a cheater like PP and I don't respect or like the behavior, but still like the man well enough. Little I really know of them.
I mean it's like they both are premier elite pro bowl players that many are trying to catch up to and look up to them! they feel the need to cheat?

I'm a disabled veterans and take prednisone steroid regularly but not constantly for mobility, to be able to like walk and wipe my own az and fish. I use to be kind of a bad az, but we didn't cheat physically in the military even against the USSR , no rocky 4 in my unit , that I know of.

If I was downed, I might consider it in war but not a game. We did have an issued gallon jar of speed in case war broke out, sleep was not on the menu for sappers.

Only check we wrote was for the amount up to including our life to protect the American constitution!
And I don't want a fair fight militarily, I want overwhelming advantage !

But I don't respect Brady or Sean Payton's cheating either. Sean Peyton was an NFL HC suspended for a year with a hometown movie out - poor him had to coach a kids team - screw him , doesn't deserve to sniff the HOF- and I don't forgive Brady either !

With the minions of hard working, hard playing , straight shooters with great character being scorned by their self centered, dishonest, resentment and fears!
Like the ancient cardinals fight song cheered - fair and square! Don't expect others to agree - but my 2 cents.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Sudafed is on the banned substances list.

Not all Sudafed is pseudoephedrine.
And not all pseudoephedrine is Sudafed.

You can buy Sudafed nasal decongestant that's phenylephrine. You know the stuff they sell over the counter that doesn't actually work. Everybody buys it though because they see the Sudafed name, then wonder why they're still dripping snot after taking half the box.

If you need something to actually dry up your sinuses, your only choice is pseudoephedrine, which they sell behind the counter, so they can take your DL and put you on the meth watch list. I don't buy the Sudafed version though. Walmart brand is half the price and works the same.

I think it's kind of silly to have pseudoephedrine on the banned list. It's the only decongestant that works. It is a stimulant and it will keep you up if you take a few. But not to the level of Adderall. I think it gets on the list because of its association with meth. Same with ephedrine. Effects are very similar except not a decongestant. They both live somewhere between caffeine and real speed.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Well Hop is a cheater like PP and I don't respect or like the behavior, but still like the man well enough. Little I really know of them.
I mean it's like they both are premier elite pro bowl players that many are trying to catch up to and look up to them! they feel the need to cheat?

I'm a disabled veterans and take prednisone steroid regularly but not constantly for mobility, to be able to like walk and wipe my own az and fish. I use to be kind of a bad az, but we didn't cheat physically in the military even against the USSR , no rocky 4 in my unit , that I know of.

If I was downed, I might consider it in war but not a game. We did have an issued gallon jar of speed in case war broke out, sleep was not on the menu for sappers.

Only check we wrote was for the amount up to including our life to protect the American constitution!
And I don't want a fair fight militarily, I want overwhelming advantage !

But I don't respect Brady or Sean Payton's cheating either. Sean Peyton was an NFL HC suspended for a year with a hometown movie out - poor him had to coach a kids team - screw him , doesn't deserve to sniff the HOF- and I don't forgive Brady either !

With the minions of hard working, hard playing , straight shooters with great character being scorned by their self centered, dishonest, resentment and fears!
Like the ancient cardinals fight song cheered - fair and square! Don't expect others to agree - but my 2 cents.
Uh.......yeah!

I think.......

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Not all Sudafed is pseudoephedrine.
And not all pseudoephedrine is Sudafed.

You can buy Sudafed nasal decongestant that's phenylephrine. You know the stuff they sell over the counter that doesn't actually work. Everybody buys it though because they see the Sudafed name, then wonder why they're still dripping snot after taking half the box.

If you need something to actually dry up your sinuses, your only choice is pseudoephedrine, which they sell behind the counter, so they can take your DL and put you on the meth watch list. I don't buy the Sudafed version though. Walmart brand is half the price and works the same.

I think it's kind of silly to have pseudoephedrine on the banned list. It's the only decongestant that works. It is a stimulant and it will keep you up if you take a few. But not to the level of Adderall. I think it gets on the list because of its association with meth. Same with ephedrine. Effects are very similar except not a decongestant. They both live somewhere between caffeine and real speed.
They changed the ingredients when pseodoephedrine got scheduled

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Uh.......yeah!

I think.......
I still cannot fully latch on to dumping on Hopkins because if I were to screw up my knee, well I will probably be getting some kind of steroid shot. I do not see Hopkins getting that 'PED' to outperform his opponent, but to simply be able to walk and rehab. Just seems to me totally ironic that in the most physical sport on the planet players cannot get what the average citizen can get

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose