Deandre Hopkins Suspended Six Games

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a really important distinction between last season's loss of DHop and this season's loss for the first six games. There's lots of time to plan and adjust for it, whether it be acquiring another WR or game planning.
Technically we had a month to adjust to get ready to clinch a division and a playoff game.
I guess that’s just not enough time.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've been pretty clear several times on what I meant.

At least 3 of the victories I've mentioned are better than the Bucs in 2016. Bucs didn't even make the playoffs. The Titans were AFC champs, The Rams won the SB and the Niners were in the NFCCG.

But if you like we can slide the Bucs game into the top 25 somewhere. Although, it's barely dissimilar to the Brown's game. We beat the Bucs week 2. Bucs started the season 1-3. Finished 9-7.

But I think the brown's counts so the Buc's counts too.
Hey, you've tried. If you just quit responding the convo dies. Just my nickles worth :)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOL. It's completely hilarious that you're like "Everyone is stupid but me for the clearly objective measurement of greatness that is strength of victory plus with the backward- or forward-looking strength of opponent but really the games I just named off the top of my head and now have to battle over."

It's okay to be wrong and realize that maybe you made an assertion that doesn't stand up to much scrutiny. You got called out on a scorching hot take. It's fine. No one is going to bounce their grandkid on their knee and tell them about the time Kyler Murray outdueled Baker Mayfield in Week 6 of the 2021 season.

What's hilarious about your take is that this arguably isn't even the greatest victory of Kyler Murray over Baker Mayfield -- even by your own metric. The Cards were 3-point underdogs to the Browns in 2019 and came out with a 14 point win. That's the game I'll remember more because it was Kyler's rookie season and a #1 overall vs #1 overall matchup .

Nah. I don't think I will. I stand by everything I've said. Unless you can find me 22 victories against superbowl winners, AFC champs and teams in championship games by multiple scores where we scored 30+.

You're welcome to disagree, or have your own metric, but frankly I find it a bit sad you need to spend this much energy trying to prove we really wasn't that good last year.

So let me reiterate. Four of our wins last year (definitely 3 if you want to exclude Brown's) were some of the best wins in the teams history when you factor in the quality of the opponent, the points scored, the margin of victory and being on the road.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Nah. I don't think I will. I stand by everything I've said. Unless you can find me 22 victories against superbowl winners, AFC champs and teams in championship games by multiple scores where we scored 30+.

You're welcome to disagree, or have your own metric, but frankly I find it a bit sad you need to spend this much energy trying to prove we really wasn't that good that year.

So let me reiterate. Four of our wins last year (definitely 3 if you want to exclude Brown's) were some of the best wins in the teams history when you factor in the quality of the opponent, the points scored, the margin of victory and being on the road.
The whole point of this is that we disagree in the foundation of your argument for "greatness", which is entirely arbitrary and you're even struggling to define consistently.

I disagree with your premise; do your own homework. No one will remember any of the games you mentioned in five years as well as they remember the Green Bay Packers loss or the playoff loss. Those are the games that defined the season alongside the win against the Rams on the road The "Maybe We're Just Better" game.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The whole point of this is that we disagree in the foundation of your argument for "greatness", which is entirely arbitrary and you're even struggling to define consistently.

I disagree with your premise; do your own homework. No one will remember any of the games you mentioned in five years as well as they remember the Green Bay Packers loss or the playoff loss. Those are the games that defined the season alongside the win against the Rams on the road The "Maybe We're Just Better" game.

I don't care if they are remembered, or important, crucial, or any other adjective.

I've explained repeatedly how and measuring "great wins". It's pretty simple.

And I think most people would consider multiple score road stompings against superbowl contenders as great wins.

Time to move on.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The bigger reality is that none of last year’s games will leave an indelible mark on me because they turned out to be totally meaningless in the grand scheme of Cardinals fandom. The Rams made us their utter bitch the next two times we played them and the Browns ended up sucking.

All the other games were won during playoff seasons where we won games in the playoffs giving us even better big game memories or were crazy finishes.

I mean, Britcard, since Hop went out, you’ve been banging the “it’s not how you start, it’s how you finish” drum loud and proud. But if that’s the case, doesn’t that throw shade over “big wins” at the start of the year, especially considering we finished disastrously.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The bigger reality is that none of last year’s games will leave an indelible mark on me because they turned out to be totally meaningless in the grand scheme of Cardinals fandom. The Rams made us their utter bitch the next two times we played them and the Browns ended up sucking.

All the other games were won during playoff seasons where we won games in the playoffs giving us even better big game memories or were crazy finishes.

I mean, Britcard, since Hop went out, you’ve been banging the “it’s not how you start, it’s how you finish” drum loud and proud. But if that’s the case, doesn’t that throw shade over “big wins” at the start of the year, especially considering we finished disastrously.

Purely mathematically at least 3 of those wins were some of the franchises best ever.

I understand there are more memorable or important games. Games that resonate more with fans. I'm trying to remove that because I don't think how the season ended should effect how great those games were in isolation.

Anyway I think this has been discussed enough. :)

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
So where does these banned PED's come from? Are some over-the-counter workout "enhancers" that Joe Schmoe can get at GNC? Or are the banned substances only available from a DR.?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't care if they are remembered, or important, crucial, or any other adjective.

I've explained repeatedly how and measuring "great wins". It's pretty simple.

And I think most people would consider multiple score road stompings against superbowl contenders as great wins.

Time to move on.
The utter silence in support of your case from the board, plus the traffic and commentary on the "Let's Remember Some Wins" thread seem to render this assertion ridiculous.

Were the Titans in Week 1 Super Bowl contenders? Of course not. They washed out in their first playoff game! They sucked! Were the Browns Super Bowl contenders? Heck no -- they didn't even have a winning record.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The utter silence in support of your case from the board, plus the traffic and commentary on the "Let's Remember Some Wins" thread seem to render this assertion ridiculous.

Were the Titans in Week 1 Super Bowl contenders? Of course not. They washed out in their first playoff game! They sucked! Were the Browns Super Bowl contenders? Heck no -- they didn't even have a winning record.

Damn. I do this for support too.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And then we get surprised that players get popped... Some of the stuff on here is insane.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
And then we get surprised that players get popped... Some of the stuff on here is insane.
To be fair, all of this stuff is collectively bargained. I'm sure that it's drilled into these guys that they need to watch what goes into their bodies.

It's kind of a "you have one job" sort of thing.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To be fair those common drugs only get you a 2 game ban.

DHop got pinged for anabolics. Albeit trace amounts.

Personally I believe him when he says it wasn't intentional. He just doesn't seem the type.

It only takes a contaminated supplement and I'm guessing he was taking a lot while trying to recover.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So where does these banned PED's come from? Are some over-the-counter workout "enhancers" that Joe Schmoe can get at GNC? Or are the banned substances only available from a DR.?
I take a brand called Alpha Lion and I know it has banned substances in it. They are clear about it. Someone asked me what I would do if I made it to Regionals for Crossfit and I said that if it made me better to the point that I made it and got busted, it would be worth it. There a quite a few over the counter supplements that have banned substances, but they are not illegal and I honestly don't thinj they give enough of an edge to even test for. My overall recovery is better and I can go a little deeper in sets before failure, but that about it. At 43, recovery is why take the specific stuff I do.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So they can't even shop at these places?
You must be registered for see images attach

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
So they can't even shop at these places?
You must be registered for see images attach

It appears from reading the memo with that list that they can't have endorsement deals with those companies, doesn't prohibit them from shopping there.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It appears from reading the memo with that list that they can't have endorsement deals with those companies, doesn't prohibit them from shopping there.
Thanks for clarification! I was blown away! Still odd.