Deandre Ayton discussion

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can’t find or remember where it was but Ayton once said that when he came in the league he was just in awe that he was playing against some of these guys. Star struck.

He’s finally realizing he’s the force in the nba and can’t be stopped.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No it is not. Not even close. Doncic is an all-NBA player and a legitimate MVP candidate. Ayton is not even in the tier bellow that or the one bellow that. Maybe in the next one down.

I love Ayton as much as the next guy, and I am as much of a homer as the next guy, but Ayton to Doncic comparison is just not a serious one. Doncic is at least three tiers above Ayton.
Luka is starting to get past the hype and people are seeing his flaws. He is otherworldly on offense no doubt.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I can’t find or remember where it was but Ayton once said that when he came in the league he was just in awe that he was playing against some of these guys. Star struck.

He’s finally realizing he’s the force in the nba and can’t be stopped.

"We're not just swimming with the sharks out here. We're the sharks."
-Deandre Ayton

One of my favorite passages from his self penned "We Dem Boyz" essay. Gives me the tingles bumps. Very well written. He's an intelligent kid.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He’s earned his payday. I’m thinking they let Bridges hit RFA and see what his value is. Payne will be interesting.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Imagine Ayton improving the next 3 years like he has the last 3 years. Suns have never had a true big dominant big man. This big goofy kid may be it.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Letting that happen would be a mistake. Bridges is more important than Payne by a mile.

Not really. We don't need to extend Bridges yet, he's still got another year and then we can match any offer he receives in free agency. If his price is too steep then let him wait. Payne is a free agent this offseason, we need to lock him up for the next few years because he allows us to rest Paul and keep him as effective as possible at 36 years old.

As far as priority this offseason, Payne > Mikal.

Last edited:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Not really. We don't need to extend Bridges yet, he's still go another year and then we can match any offer he receives in free agency. If his price is too steep then let him wait. Payne is a free agent this offseason, we need to lock him up for the next few years because he allows us to rest Paul and keep him as effective as possible at 36 years old.

As far as priority this offseason, Payne > Mikal.
Love Payne but no.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Love Payne but no.

We have all offseason to negotiate an extension with Mikal and the ability to match any deal he's offered next offseason if we can't reach a deal this summer. There's plenty of time to deal with him. Meanwhile Payne is an unrestricted free agent as soon as this seasons over.

I don't think its difficult to see why you place priority on the one we have the least amount of time, and leverage, to lock in.

I'm not saying let Mikal walk, just let him wait for his. I'm not even saying pay Payne more, but you have to pay Payne first.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson