Deandre Ayton discussion

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Mainstreet, Jan 16, 2021.

1. WhyAlwaysMe

WhyAlwaysMe Banned

Marginal offense is equal to (points produced) - 0.92 * (league points per possession) * (offensive possessions)

https://www.basketball-reference.com/about/ws.html

Points Produced Formula=(FGA+0.44*FTA+TO)*(Offensive Rating)/100

https://www.nbastuffer.com/analytics101/points-produced/

Turnovers from “fumbled passes” are USUALLY attributed to the fumbler not the passer IF THE PASS IS ACCURATE.

If you’re going to be arrogant and talk down to your betters, then PLEASE know what the hell you’re talking about.

2. WhyAlwaysMe

WhyAlwaysMe Banned

This is a ton of garbage. Of course if I fumble an accurate pass OOB, I am credited with the turnover, hence, the possession.

3. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

It rarely goes that way IMO. Most of the time, when you pass it into a big man in traffic, the turnover is credited to the passer unless the big guy grabs it cleanly and then loses it. I know there's some judgement involved but it's been called that way pretty consistently from what I've seen.

Hoop Head likes this.
  4. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

No this isn’t accurate. Every game for last 9 I’ve focused solely on this. I watch passes glance off Ayton’s hands and check the box score - and nope not credited to him. He’s had games in this streak where he had it happen 4 times (twice) and had only 1 or 2 turnovers (of I recall correctly) and in these same games he had balls ripped outta his hands at least once too. So I was surprised to see that his turnovers were so low. So you can speak in generalities but I’m literally watching just this thing the last 9 games.

Hoop Head likes this.
  5. AzStevenCal

I've done the same thing (all season) and I've watched Paul and Booker rack up turnover after turnover especially early in the season. And that's why I'm fine with them passing to him less. If he works hard for the first pass, fine, keep passing otherwise move him down the list of preferred targets. Booker was averaging 7 turnovers a game back when he was trying feed to him regularly. Devin is good for a few ridiculous turnovers on his own most games but an extra 3 or so per game can really make you look bad.

Ouchie-Z-Clown and Hoop Head like this.
  6. WhyAlwaysMe

WhyAlwaysMe Banned

IF THE PASS IS INACCURATE OR THROWN POORLY THE TURNOVER IS ON THE PASSER.

jfc

7. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Registered

True but turnovers are always credited to the last player with complete possession of the ball. So if a player fumbles a catch, even on a perfect pass, the turnover is still on the passer. its the only way to record turnovers accurately on a regular basis. Otherwise its too open to interpretation. Who decides a pass was bad or not?

AzStevenCal likes this.
  8. AzStevenCal

Yes, if the pass is inaccurate that's on the passer. And sometimes the guards do throw bad passes to DA. But Ayton routinely fumbles very catchable passes. Should he catch every one of them? No. But he should catch a lot more of them than he does.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    Hoop Head likes this.
  9. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

bold this next time. It might drive your point home!!!

10. itlnsunsfan

itlnsunsfan Registered

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge."

-Stephen Hawking

11. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

I think you watch no suns games if you think that’s what we are talking about. But by all means, you definitely are more persuasive IN ALL CAPS

Krangthebrain likes this.
  12. WhyAlwaysMe

WhyAlwaysMe Banned

I disagree. It’s just that your eyes betray you and every single mistake Ayton makes gets blown up because almost all fans are awful at watching basketball.

13. WhyAlwaysMe

WhyAlwaysMe Banned

I watch enough of them to know Ayton has been a borderline all star this year. The idiots who think counting stats should determine all stars are the ones who clearly don’t watch the games.

14. cheesebeef

lol... Borderline All-Star? I’d bet dollars to donuts he didn’t get even a handful of votes from the coaches or players to get him there.

14/11/1 isn’t a borderline All-Star. The 24th ranked C by per isn’t a borderline All-Star. And Borderline All-Stars aren’t continually yelled at on the court by their legit All-Star leader/PG because they’re not playing up to their potential.

15. cheesebeef

all fans who disagree with you are awful and idiots. Lol... did you enjoy your ban so much that you’re going for another so soon?

Hoop Head likes this.