David Johnson

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better start saving our dimes and nickles now because if this keeps up, we're gonna be paying this kid in a couple of years.

If we can afford it I think we ought to redo his rookie contract since he's outperformed it. gotta treat the great ones like you recognize their greatness like we did for Anquan early in his career

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll just go ahead and say it... He's the best offensive player in the league.

They just posted the stat on NFL network since 2015 he leads the NFL with 18 touchdowns ... also leads the NFL this year in yards from scrimmage ... hard to argue your point...

Last edited:

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We need to get a RB2 to spell him at times. CJ was the perfect complement until he got injured.

DJ is our greatest offensive asset (in a LONG time, if not, ever) so we need to protect him. Don't want him running 30x a game and have him break down by end of the year.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we can afford it I think we ought to redo his rookie contract since he's outperformed it. gotta treat the great ones like you recognize their greatness like we did for Anquan early in his career
I tend to agree with this he only has a four year contract anyway extend him another four or rip this one up and give him a five-year deal... The price is only going to get more steep...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need to get a RB2 to spell him at times. CJ was the perfect complement until he got injured.

DJ is our greatest offensive asset (in a LONG time, if not, ever) so we need to protect him. Don't want him running 30x a game and have him break down by end of the year.

honestly, Berwyn should be his spell back. Hell, I'd rather have him toting the rock then Ellington. At least that kid doesn't dance and just puts his head down for a couple yards if not more.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I lo e his running style. He is very patient to wait for the hole to open, but also maximizes every run. Sometimes it looks like nothing is there, then he squeezes thru and grabs 4 yards. Also the way he cuts is special for a guy his size.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
His running style is a thing of beauty, he's got it all. There were so many runs today where he managed to squeeze a few more yards out of seemingly nothing. I love how there were so many questions about his ability to run as powerfully as his size would imply around the draft. Dudes a Mack truck that can make defenders look stupid in open space.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tristan H. Cockcroft ESPN Senior Writer

With his 29 fantasy points tonight, David Johnson now has 183 in his first 10 career starts. That's tied for the 10th-most by any running back since the merger. The top 10: Larry Johnson, 262 Eric Dickerson, 248 Mike Anderson, 214 Clinton Portis, 198 Arian Foster, 196 Adrian Peterson, 192 Billy Sims, 192 Fred Taylor, 190 Marcus Allen, 187 Chuck Foreman, 183 David Johnson, 183

You must be registered for see images attach

NFL 7h

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
He was worked hard last night too looked abit tired 27 carries 157(?) Yards but that's OK he's young and there really wasn't another choice with Stanton playing
He is just awesome

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Too early. Wait until after the following season.

Plus, there are a number of other contracts that have to be addressed at the end of the season. Chandler Jones and Calais Campbell are the biggest priorities in terms of getting new deals done.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Too early. Wait until after the following season.

Plus, there are a number of other contracts that have to be addressed at the end of the season. Chandler Jones and Calais Campbell are the biggest priorities in terms of getting new deals done.
I doubt either is resigned unless they want to be had for below market value, which I also doubt. I do think we will franchise C Jones though.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he stays healthy, he could be an all time great. We have our franchise RB. Color me really, really impressed.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Countdown to Thesmel thread commending himself saying running the ball is the only way to go... we all want to see DJ get the ball but you gotta know with Palmer back there Arians is not gonna be pounding the rock like we did in this game!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the things I noticed last night is that he's seemed to have evolved. Last year one of my big negatives on him was how often he turns his back when he's in a pile and I felt that was really a bad thing. You take lots of shots that way you can't see coming plus you expose the ball to guys you can't see. Matt Jones of Washington does that and the coaches have been working OT trying to get him to stop because he keeps getting lit up in a pile as a result.

This year DJ is doing it FAR less. Did it a couple of times last night but nothing like as often as last year, that will save him taking extra hits.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Totally agree. You can't have him out there all the time. He will get killed. I really like the DJ to CJ but I'm still ok with the DJ to AE. I would love to see both DJ and Penny for the change of pace. I think Penny is another diamond in the rough.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Gurley's rookie season is starting to look a little flukey. Maybe his knee is still affecting him but he doesn't look explosive and he's not breaking tackles. Bell is definitely better than DJ but I'd rather have DJ. He's younger, cheaper and there's no threat of off-the-field issues.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard