David Johnson

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well he can't play STs shaggy lol if we could get that garbage cleaned up this team could be very good!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well he can't play STs shaggy lol if we could get that garbage cleaned up this team could be very good!

True. The issues are the ST and for some reason, Palmer isn't the same as last year. Not sure how he can go from elite to mediocre in a year.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The scary thing is the touches, they said he had the most touches by a RB in a game in several years in the last game with 41, the last guy to top that had 48.

He has more touches through 7 games than he had all last season. You want your best player to get the ball but this much is a little scary, Ellington needs to step it up a bit or they have to find someone else to take a bit of the load off.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The scary thing is the touches, they said he had the most touches by a RB in a game in several years in the last game with 41, the last guy to top that had 48.

He has more touches through 7 games than he had all last season. You want your best player to get the ball but this much is a little scary, Ellington needs to step it up a bit or they have to find someone else to take a bit of the load off.

This team really misses CJ now...

Reaction score
Beast

You must be registered for see images attach

The delusional Rams fans still think Gurley is the much better back & wouldn't trade him for DJ & draft picks. Two first rounders at that. I would go back to their board & rub it in but I've been banned due to being friends with another poster that they banned. How messed up is that? ;)

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
DJ is on pace for 2,295 yards from scrimmage. The only RB's that recorded at least that amount in a season...

Marshall Faulk
LaDanian Tomlinson
Tiki Barber
Adrian Peterson
Marcus Allen
Edgerrin James
Barry Sanders
Chris Johnson
Steven Jackson

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
DJ is on pace for 2,295 yards from scrimmage. The only RB's that recorded at least that amount in a season...

Marshall Faulk
LaDanian Tomlinson
Tiki Barber
Adrian Peterson
Marcus Allen
Edgerrin James
Barry Sanders
Chris Johnson
Steven Jackson

Good post, I like it.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wanted to say this: I love DJ. He's probably HOF. But he has so long to go, and if I'm a coach, I'm not going to worry about his longevity (the average career for a starting back is something like 3-5 years). I just wouldn't. I may worry about his ability late in the season, if I'm a coach, but honestly I have a feeling DJ is some HOF dude that just turned into it and even he is like holy crap I'm badass.

DJ is new era.

We always, always, always talk about the new era QB's, but we never talked about the new era RB's, and DJ is perhaps the first.

DJ reminds me of Roger Craig quite honestly. They both ran/run upright. Craig changed what it meant to be a RB, he was catching passes and scoring TD's before it was a thing. Craig also issued in a new era or player and frankly defenses, and I think DJ is going to do the same thing, because I think DJ is so much more dynamic and faster and stronger than Craig.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The hurdle was crazy but watch the guy he hurdled when he comes back in. He's trying to punch the ball out but he winds up punching DJ in the stomach twice. After that play DJ goes to the sideline and they are lifting his shirt up to look at the stomach, gee I wonder why. I was buying lunch in a burrito place and they had a highlight of that play and the 3 guys eating at the table I was waiting by all said together "when did the NFL allow you to punch a guy in the gut?"

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The hurdle was crazy but watch the guy he hurdled when he comes back in. He's trying to punch the ball out but he winds up punching DJ in the stomach twice. After that play DJ goes to the sideline and they are lifting his shirt up to look at the stomach, gee I wonder why. I was buying lunch in a burrito place and they had a highlight of that play and the 3 guys eating at the table I was waiting by all said together "when did the NFL allow you to punch a guy in the gut?"

That reminded me of Urlacher punching Edge in the MNF meltdown. I'm sure BA will send that play into the league office.

DJ once again goes over 100 total yards. That garbage time dump off paid off.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Has Ellington really let anyone down, because they hardly even give him a chance and when they have he has not disappointed in my opinon

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Has Ellington really let anyone down, because they hardly even give him a chance and when they have he has not disappointed in my opinon

Except that he avoids contact more than any other NFL player sans Deon Sanders. He turtles almost all of the time. I don't blame him at times for making business decisions but it has gotten to the point of being absurd.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My only complaint about Ellington is on kickoff returns... he shouldn't be running anything out of the endzone ever. Now if they kick it to the 1 yd line then fine, but he's lucky to get back to the 15 yd line on most returns.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Except that he avoids contact more than any other NFL player sans Deon Sanders. He turtles almost all of the time. I don't blame him at times for making business decisions but it has gotten to the point of being absurd.

He has not been avoiding contact playing runningback in the last couple of games to any degree which I would call him shy... BA simply does not even give him or a Taylor much of a chance, and he simply has to so Johnson can remain fresh

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson