Dan Quinn

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also lest we forget that it was not Kyler who paired himself with Kliff. He already had rejected playing for him at college

Waaay too much is put into this. He didn't reject Kliff. He rejected Texas Tech along with about 15 other far larger programs to go to A&M where his Dad was the college QB. He grew up an A&M fan.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Waaay too much is put into this. He didn't reject Kliff. He rejected Texas Tech along with about 15 other far larger programs to go to A&M where his Dad was the college QB. He grew up an A&M fan.
And then rejected Kliff, errrrrr Texas Tech a 2nd time when he transferred to Oklahoma.

There's plenty of video with Kliff talking about finally getting a chance to work with Kyler, when he was drafted.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And then rejected Kliff, errrrrr Texas Tech a 2nd time when he transferred to Oklahoma.

There's plenty of video with Kliff talking about finally getting a chance to work with Kyler, when he was drafted.

The first time round he rejected Clemson, Auburn, OU, Texas, Oregon, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Florida and a bunch of other programs better than TTU and probably turned them all down again when he transfered. I guess it was the coaches.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The first time round he rejected Clemson, Auburn, OU, Texas, Oregon, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Florida and a bunch of other programs better than TTU and probably turned them all down again when he transfered. I guess it was the coaches.

Who says it wasnt the coaches?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who says it wasnt the coaches?

Who says it was? Either way you can't say he "rejected Kliff" without saying he rejected half the coaches in D1 football.

The only thing that happened here was he went to A&M because of his Dad. Couldn't start and Lincoln Riley said "Come here and you can start when Baker goes".

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Let's leave it at this...If Kyler thought Kliff was his best option in college, he would have played for Texas Tech. It's always about the coaches. You think 90% of the players for Jackson State really wanted to be at JState, without coach Prime? Now at Colorado...

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Who says it was? Either way you can't say he "rejected Kliff" without saying he rejected half the coaches in D1 football.

The only thing that happened here was he went to A&M because of his Dad. Couldn't start and Lincoln Riley said "Come here and you can start when Baker goes".

You did. You said he can’t have rejected Kliff without having the coaches of the other programmes. I said he rejected Kliff, as Kliff stated he tried hard to recruit Kyler but couldn’t get him.

Anyway let’s agree to disagree. @BritCard where are you based in the UK anyway?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You did. You said he can’t have rejected Kliff without having the coaches of the other programmes. I said he rejected Kliff, as Kliff stated he tried hard to recruit Kyler but couldn’t get him.

Anyway let’s agree to disagree. @BritCard where are you based in the UK anyway?

I believe that he once mentioned Bury St Edmunds.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Like I said, he is at a cross roads. Can’t “blame” KK anymore
Not exactly, the tutelage of someone can have major carryover effects, and my fear is that Kliff is not the only one who we have to worry about but his father who is still in tow past being a parent... who has had more input on how he plays QB but his ole man lacking on how to play the position as a pro

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This is what I was thinking. Reich had Brisset, Wentz, Rivers, Ryan, Foles and Ehlinger after Luck retired and still had a winning record.
Hi, my name is Ron Jamesonsonson, and I am the advocate for the Devil, and remember Vince Young got kicked out of the league with a winning record too :devil:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The amateur psychologists on this board are something else.

Good coaches manage the egos (and there are always dozens of them
on a 53 man roster) of their players with whatever that particular player responds to best. Sometimes it’s gentle reassurance, sometimes it’s with an iron fist.
Well, if his attitude and approach to the game is fine, then he just sucks. That means he's completely regressed and will never be the QB we need him to be. Pardon us if we choose to believe he needs an attitude adjustment and have a bit of hope that he can get right.

PlanoCard

Rookie
Reaction score
Let's leave it at this...If Kyler thought Kliff was his best option in college, he would have played for Texas Tech. It's always about the coaches. You think 90% of the players for Jackson State really wanted to be at JState, without coach Prime? Now at Colorado...
A lot of people have no interest in going to a mediocre college like Texas Tech.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I heard he closed the interview out by no-step launching himself up on the conference table and declaring YOU WANT DANK WINS YOU HIRE DAN QUINN!

He was impressive, closed on a high note.

Impressive?

Then why did MB's secretary hand him a bus ticket after the meeting?

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Maybe depends on Payton? I'll be fine with either. I would think he has enough connections to assemble a good offensive staff.

Do either keep VJ?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose