Cut Kennard/Sign Nelson

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Hoping this set of moves occurs. If we are planning on putting Collins at Sam, we don’t have any use for Kennard. If Collins plays inside I still don’t see Kennard adding much value.

For Nelson, I would like another vet at corner with our cap space and the unlikelihood we now come out of the draft with a corner that can contribute this year.

OP
OP
BigDavis75

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
There's zero reason to cut Kennard when he is one of the only two OLBs we have under contract in 2022.

But we should sign Nelson too.

Do we not gain a cap benefit in 2022 if we cut him this year?

OP
OP
BigDavis75

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
$2.5 million in 2022, saving $7 million, but we'd still have to replace him both this year and next...

I don't think he's much better than a replacement level guy but I see what you're getting at. I want to figure out more snaps for Vallejo and I don't take it as gospel that Collins will only play inside.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You keep talking about all these guys that won't be under contract, but have you ever, like ever, done the analysis of this for all 32 teams?

I'll save you some time and this is how MOST teams are.

https://overthecap.com/looking-at-potential-roster-turnover-in-2021/
1. That's a year old article talking about issues we needed to fix this year.
2. We had the second to last players returning in that chart.
3. We will have equal or less returning next year.

"We need to rebuild our roster from the ground up again" is not a positive. Our lack of players means we don't have anyone good. Go dig into this yourself and look at it with actual starters, too.

Having to fill this much of a roster with limited draft picks means we have to pay and pay and pay in FA.

FYI it's dumb thing to fixate on, because most of those free agents are replacement level.
Yes, ~9-10 starters are replacement level.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson