Could Cardinals return to St Louis

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right back at ya! Wasn't the Big A just awesome for baseball before it was enclosed for the Rams?

Oh, yeah! I especially loved evening games there.

That may be the only ballpark in America that hosted both Nixon and the Stones. :D

USAFMEDIC

Veteran
Reaction score
There are a lot of Big Red fans in St Louis. On their forums, their dream scenario is for the Cardinals to play a pre-season game back in St Louis once a year. Arizona would own the St Louis market. The majority of St Louis football fans understand that Bidwill tried to work with the city, unlike the Rams. St Louis is a part of Big Red history. Would Arizona consider something like that? The Rams were the last NFL team in St Louis. The Cardinals were the first.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
There are a lot of Big Red fans in St Louis. On their forums, their dream scenario is for the Cardinals to play a pre-season game back in St Louis once a year. Arizona would own the St Louis market. The majority of St Louis football fans understand that Bidwill tried to work with the city, unlike the Rams. St Louis is a part of Big Red history. Would Arizona consider something like that? The Rams were the last NFL team in St Louis. The Cardinals were the first.
Good post but I see that you spelled the family's name "Bidwill". It is spelled "Bidwill".

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Technically the Cards were second and the Rams third. The St. Louis Gunners played for a season in the NFL way back in the 30s. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Louis_Gunners.

Have yet to meet any angry (angry that they left and no, Stan Kroenke had nothing to do with it!) Gunners fans however.... :D

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Bill it as a "Neutral Site" pre season game...kinda like Mexico City................. you can bet Mike would do it if the opportunity comes up................ most likely the NFL would not allow it.... it would give a second market to the Cards and virtually eliminate St Louie from any future expansion

str8carter

Reaction score
My heart skipped a beat when I read the thread title. I remained a Big Red fan when they moved to AZ and would LOVE to see them back in the Loo.

And it's a damn shame after finally building a fan base that that the Rams are bolting.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
What would you call it? He posted this to get a reaction.

It isn't the first time and it won't be the last.

I think it was more to start conversation & debate. It is the slow time for us until the draft gets a little closer. Troll is a little over the top imho.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
Technically the Cards were second and the Rams third. The St. Louis Gunners played for a season in the NFL way back in the 30s. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Louis_Gunners.

Have yet to meet any angry (angry that they left and no, Stan Kroenke had nothing to do with it!) Gunners fans however.... :D

That's a fascinating wiki page there. Its amazing that the Gunners had a crosstown rival(?) in the St Louis Veterans, if only briefly.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Why not have a preseason game against the Chiefs every year in St. Louis. Good for both fan bases in this state.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I think it was more to start conversation & debate. It is the slow time for us until the draft gets a little closer. Troll is a little over the top imho.

Only time of year this thread could possibly make 5 pages.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That's a fascinating wiki page there. Its amazing that the Gunners had a crosstown rival(?) in the St Louis Veterans, if only briefly.

I know, interesting stuff, huh? Almost as fascinating (IMHO) as the 1926 Los Angeles Buccaneers (yes, LA had an NFL franchise in '26, albeit a club that played all league games on the road in the East and Midwest). Also, not sure why the other NFL owners considered St. Louis too far of a travel destination when the StL Cardinals & Browns were part of the major league baseball loop at the time.

chickenhead

Reaction score
I think it would be smart for the NFL to do this on a wider scale. Turn the preseason games into desirable events rather than required purchases for season subscribers (and mainly of interest to football wonks). I'd rather see London in the preseason than the regular season. Heck, they could have four weeks of games in London...