Connie Hawkins.... Good Defender?

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
I've been doing a lot of reading up on Connie Hawkins recently, but the one thing that I've failed to come across is any mention of his defense, and unfortunately Hawkins was well before my time. Perhaps do some of the "older" guys on here or perhaps those that are more familiar with his game have a good assessment of his defensive abilities?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I've been doing a lot of reading up on Connie Hawkins recently, but the one thing that I've failed to come across is any mention of his defense, and unfortunately Hawkins was well before my time. Perhaps do some of the "older" guys on here or perhaps those that are more familiar with his game have a good assessment of his defensive abilities?

I remember him getting a lot of blocked shots. Obviously he was a demon on offense. Not sure if this answers your question. I think the book is called Foul, about Connie Hawkins. One of the best sports books I ever read.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I saw him play quite a bit. He was kind of lazy on defense. IMO he was one of the first of the current glamor generation that lives for highlight reel moments. He was pretty amazing on offense. I loved when he'd palm the ball and hold it behind an opponents head then pull it back, he'd make defenders look ridiculous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard