Congrats Stern

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
You almost had a new NBA fan.

You single handidly made me think this is the most screwed up sport in America today.

I'll be back on the bandwaggon next year during the playoffs and lets see how that works out. Maybe.

Does this BS go on all season? I can't even fathom watching this for 82 or whatever games.

You all have my utmost respect for following this load until Stern made it impossible to win. I'm not so sure a commisioner should be able to dictate an outcome, I like it even less when ESPN starts in with the cameleon change of pro-Suns for being screwed to well, nothing happened at all lets move on. Who is in bed with who here?

This whole thing just really doesn't sit well with me.

My seat on the bandwaggon is now available. Funny how in just a few games a non-NBA homer can see the BS seep into the game.

Grats Stern for an absolute bs call that changed the series.

I was close to thinking of tickets.

Arctic

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That's right. Blame Stern for enforcing rules.

It was so not Amare and Diaw's fault for breaking them.

gdiddy

Registered
Reaction score
I concur. I don't buy this BS that the Spurs are a better team. They're cheap. They're dirty. They got away with everything but murder. It's sickening how Bowen raped Nash in this last game. It's disgusting that your two-time MVP gets roughed up like a *****. It's sickening how you're leading scorer gets suspended for taking 10 steps from the bench after the team leader got flattened by a lucky scumbag.

Sorry guys, this series leaves a bad after taste in my mouth. I'm thinking that WWE wresting is more sincere than NBA basketball.

Let it be known: the Spurs are the tainted winners of this series.

Arctic

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That is such BS. How long have you been watching basketball? This series was nothing compared to some in the late '80's early 90's. And lest we forget, the Spurs have had the Suns number for YEARS now, and have been one of the best teams over the past decade. Suns have roster problems, but mostly coaching problems. Don't taint the game by blaming "dirty play" or suspensions that were issued according to the rules.

It's maddening.

jibikao

Reaction score
NBA has lost me since long time ago. My total NBA watching is 2 games this season. That's it.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'll tell you why the Spurs arnt tainted....they already proved they're champions.

All we proved is we have a talented team.

Arctic

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nash just said the suspensions were BS (well, not in those words).

I agree the rule should change, but the suspensions were valid.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That is such BS. How long have you been watching basketball? This series was nothing compared to some in the late '80's early 90's. And lest we forget, the Spurs have had the Suns number for YEARS now, and have been one of the best teams over the past decade. Suns have roster problems, but mostly coaching problems. Don't taint the game by blaming "dirty play" or suspensions that were issued according to the rules.

It's maddening.
Go back to your Spurs board, seriously. We see through you.

OP
OP
A

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

It's maddening.

******, go back and read my post.

I don't watch much basketball other than the playoffs.

What I saw over the last few days was ********.

80's 90's? Don't really give a crap other than you're proving my point that the NBA is historically worse than I thought.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember the golden NBA days.. When the NBA was something to witness and be proud you saw it..

I can no longer defend this league anymore...

All of the world saw it this week, which is ironic since Stern wanted it to be global.. Well, he succeeded.. The world saw this is a joke of a league this week..

Something I would always count on as a kid on sundays has been turned into a joke..

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll tell you why the Spurs arnt tainted....they already proved they're champions.

All we proved is we have a talented team.

I'll tell you why you'll get your ass beat.. Cuz your a bitch.. Come find me dude and bring your Ned Flanders friend Hoover...

Arctic

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No Suns fan would feel the need to defend the Spurs every single time the way you do.

I disagree. I've always liked the Spurs ever since I started watching the NBA. Sure, they made some plays in this series that disappointed me, but I still think they are a great team and a worthy opponent. So yeah, I defend them. You can always ignore me. I think everone has more than one team they like in the NBA or any sport. I like the Chiefs and the Texans. I like the Cubs and the Royals. I like the Suns and the Spurs. Sorry if that's a problem for you.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I disagree. I've always liked the Spurs ever since I started watching the NBA. Sure, they made some plays in this series that disappointed me, but I still think they are a great team and a worthy opponent. So yeah, I defend them. You can always ignore me. I think everone has more than one team they like in the NBA or any sport. I like the Chiefs and the Texans. I like the Cubs and the Royals. I like the Suns and the Spurs. Sorry if that's a problem for you.
Sure you can be a fan of both, though one could argue that would make you a true fan of neither. I would venture to say though that you were happy with tonight's outcome more so than you would have been had the Suns won. I really liked GS this year and rooted for them every chance I got, but if they met the Suns in the next round, I would have hoped that GS got absolutely destroyed.

Arctic

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I really liked GS this year and rooted for them every chance I got, but if they met the Suns in the next round, I would have hoped that GS got absolutely destroyed.

Same here.

Avondale Red Rage

Just wondering...
Reaction score
That's right. Blame Stern for enforcing rules.

It was so not Amare and Diaw's fault for breaking them.

If Stern is such a stickler foir rules why is regular season called differently than post season?

What is the definition of traveling?

Why do certain players (high profile) get away with fouls that low profile players don't?

Don't give me Stern enforcing rules bullcrap.

Arctic

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Stern is such a stickler foir rules why is regular season called differently than post season?

What is the definition of traveling?

Why do certain players (high profile) get away with fouls that low profile players don't?

Don't give me Stern enforcing rules bullcrap.

It would take an awful lot of video and argument to answer those questions. So the short answer is:

In high profile cases, Jackson makes the tough calls.

I know that's a lousy answer, but that's it in a nutshell. I'm not saying it's a perfect system.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score

Champions of what game? The one called in the regular season - that follows the RULEBOOK of the NBA? Or the one called in the playoffs, where the RULEBOOK apparently does not matter 90% of the time - (except when players set foot on the court during an altercation, of course).

Lame, lame, $%*&ing lame. The NBA is stupid. Why call a sport one way for 82 games, and then just ignore those rules?

It would be one thing to ignore the rules 5, 10, 15% of the time, to create a 'more intense' playoff atmosphere.

But 40, 50, 60% change in how the game is called? LAME.

All NBA champs deserve an * until this stupidity changes.

Oh, and the USA will likely not win international championships with this two-faced set of rules. Ever wonder why Timmy Duncan plays like piss internationally? Cause his game is built for the NBA playoffs. LAME.