Colin Opening His Show Talking About Kingsbury

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I think Payton can at least walk up to Murray and say:

"I have won Super Bowls. I have taken a discarded short QB and made him an all time great. I have designed plays to get the most out of a QBs mobility."

I'd be scared of getting another Denny Green though.
I think one thing Payton would do is either make or break Murray. Either way the tam would at least know which direction it needs to go.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Nobody's been successful with Russell Wilson? Coulda swore he won a Superbowl lol
Like developing him and honing his game? Nah, not really.

Check out the run-pass splits from his time in Seattle. There was always a call to Let Russ Cook until they started doing it. Then you started getting memes like this:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think one thing Payton would do is either make or break Murray. Either way the tam would at least know which direction it needs to go.
I agree, but I don't think this would be in his interview pitch with MB. He would be talking 100% on how he can get the most out of KM and nothing else.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Y’all know damn well Keim isn’t smart enough to hire Sean Payton or at least a coach of caliber similar to his.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Payton was a realistic possibility, which I really doubt. The cards should be all over hiring him.

He is without a doubt a top 10 head coach. He will have his pick of any job opening, and I just don't think the Cards job is going to be the most appealing.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’d like Payton, but doubt he’d take the job. I’m wondering if the guys picked the wrong coach but had an interesting idea. Joseph has done well with mediocre personnel support. Could they actually get away with hiring an offensive head coach who needs defensive support.

Not just because the beat Alabama, but Josh Heupel is what Kingsbury was supposed to be. I watched him closely at UCF and he actually is creative offensively. He’s only casually involved with defense, but smart enough to stay out of the way. He’d be a risk, but he worked mediocre QBs into functional players. He likes to gamble, but he’d be fun to watch. If the there‘s any hope of saving Murray beyond Payton, it could well be Heupel. BTW. He’s a former OKLA QB.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I’d like Payton, but doubt he’d take the job. I’m wondering if the guys picked the wrong coach but had an interesting idea. Joseph has done well with mediocre personnel support. Could they actually get away with hiring an offensive head coach who needs defensive support.

Not just because the beat Alabama, but Josh Heupel is what Kingsbury was supposed to be. I watched him closely at UCF and he actually is creative offensively. He’s only casually involved with defense, but smart enough to stay out of the way. He’d be a risk, but he worked mediocre QBs into functional players. He likes to gamble, but he’d be fun to watch. If the there‘s any hope of saving Murray beyond Payton, it could well be Heupel. BTW. He’s a former OKLA QB.
This is an interesting idea. @SoonerLou @Crimson Warrior what is the opinion on Heupel in Sooner Country?

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think Payton can at least walk up to Murray and say:

"I have won Super Bowls. I have taken a discarded short QB and made him an all time great. I have designed plays to get the most out of a QBs mobility."

I'd be scared of getting another Denny Green though.
Denny Green never won a Super Bowl as a head coach
Scared of having probably the best judge of talent this team has seen, since it relocated to AZ? I still think Leinart would have had a decent career under Denny.
Leinart had no arm and was broken after his collarbone injury

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Payton won’t come here with Keim at the helm. Bidwill needs to clean house starting with Keim, then he can get someone on a level of Payton.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

Harry;

do you mean hire Heupel as OC ( a well paid OC) with Vance as HC?

in that structure: My pitch to him would be that if successful, he becomes an NFL HC within 3 seasons max

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not me sometimes principal matters
This is football. I long ago had to make peace with the fact that I likely wouldn’t want anyone associated with the nfl in my personal circle.

So you’re saying you wouldn’t want the following;

Tyreke hill
Kareem hunt
Sean Payton
Davante adams
Jerry jeudy
Alvin kamara
Bud dupree
Richard Sherman
Marshon lattimer
Marcus maye
Melvin gordon
Quinnen williams
OBJ
Xavien howard
Leonard fournette

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Don’t care he’s the one that got caught. And did literally nothing to deter the practice. I know it’s not my choice but if it’s up to me he can find employment elsewhere if he wants it.

That’s totally akin to my kid coming home and saying daddy but everybody else In the class did it… I don’t care what everybody else did I only care what’s happening under my roof.
You’re not the cardinals daddy

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Harry;

do you mean hire Heupel as OC ( a well paid OC) with Vance as HC?

in that structure: My pitch to him would be that if successful, he becomes an NFL HC within 3 seasons max
I wish it were that simple. They’d have to make Heupel the HC to get him. Your thought would be okay with me but couldn’t be sold. So yeah, it’s a big risk and I’m not sure they could sell Joseph. However, Heupel unlike Kingsbury, is the real deal and he wins!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard