Closest thing to the real offense...so far.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Is it any surprise that David Johnson had 25 touches and the Cardinals had their "best" offensive game this year? The first three games he got 14, 15 & 16 touches and the Cardinals struggled to score points. Is it too simplistic and obvious to think that getting one of the best RB's in the league more involved will help the team?

I know the excitement is primarily focused around Rosen right now but why did it take 3+ games and starting a rookie QB for McCoy to realize that Johnson needs to be the focal point of the offense? Not that he's using him particularly effectively but at least he's getting the ball in his hands now.

I was distracted during today's game and missed much of it but it seemed to me that just like last week, the Cardinals didn't know what to do after getting a lead. Or how to adjust the offense or call timely plays. DJ needs to be more involved in the passing game too.

But, as much as I can't stand McCoy, how realistic do you want to look at this game? Because how often will Fitz drop a TD? If the two WR's make their catches the offense scores 31 points with a rookie QB and beats Seattle. So is it really the offense or the players not producing? I'd hate it to be the latter but realistically, the last two weeks were more about the players than the scheme IMO.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
every time we build momentum, the playcalling changes and stalls the mo..
the answer is obvious

wilks is a Tank Commander...he isnt playing to win...he is playing to train the younger players and score awesome draft picks.

has to be the answer..if they were really that stupid they wouldnt be able to walk and chew gum at the same time

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm beginning to believe that the garbage offensive calls were Wilkes.
I wouldn't be surprised if Wilks is the one fired and McCoy takes over. Some of the calls just don't seem right. McCoy can do some damage something ain't right

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not that I like this staff at all but the defense to your argument would be that they were able ti run more because the run game was actually working today, at least early. Rosens arm and a competent D kept them in the game as well allowing them to keep running it...

But yes they did run quite a few screens to DJ today at seemed and wasnt humping chase edmonds...

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Rosen needs to go all Vader on McCoy:yoda:

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Liked the rollouts. Putting Rosen on the move puts more stress on the defense, and makes for some easy completions. We have to improve in the run blocking department, because the play action and rollout game was working really well even with an average run game. Some good screens in there too, especially the big one to DJ.

If McCoy can keep this up, maybe he isn't as bad as we thought. The decision what to do in crucial moments is on the HC, so can't blame McCoy for the run on our final offensive play.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm beginning to believe that the garbage offensive calls were Wilkes.
I wouldn't be surprised if Wilks is the one fired and McCoy takes over. Some of the calls just don't seem right. McCoy can do some damage something ain't right
Don't be fooled, Mike McCoy is an absolute joke of a playcaller. And if he takes over as HC at any point, I would pity every Cardinals fan here. Experienced that ride as a Chargers fan and it's a rather disastrous one.

There's a reason this is his 3rd team in the last 3 years. He's awful at coaching football in any capacity.

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Don't be fooled, Mike McCoy is an absolute joke of a playcaller. And if he takes over as HC at any point, I would pity every Cardinals fan here. Experienced that ride as a Chargers fan and it's a rather disastrous one.

There's a reason this is his 3rd team in the last 3 years. He's awful at coaching football in any capacity.
I agree...but, if the players had executed properly yesterday the Cardinals put up 30+ and have a comfortable win. Is Seattle that bad or does it suggest that the offense is actually viable?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It would have indicated McCoy's play calling will work against mediocre teams.
I agree...but, if the players had executed properly yesterday the Cardinals put up 30+ and have a comfortable win. Is Seattle that bad or does it suggest that the offense is actually viable?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think D.J. was more effective because Rosen struck a little fear into the defense. He made throws that Bradford would never had even attempted let alone complete. Hopefully this staff realizes they have a Porsche at qb and not a Jeep.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Little of both. I think the run game worked becuase Josh throws the ball downfield, Sam wouldn't. The safeties couldn't sneak up as easily so DJ had lanes to run in.

Seattle's defense isn't where it has been, and Josh was really looking good, as you said take away the drops and we get 2 more TD's, even the play where Kirk broke free and Josh didn't see him, that was 3 points instead of 7 there too. We left points on the field and lost because of it.

I still am not a McCoy fan but the offense did look better. Whoever panicked at the end and went conservative, that has to stop.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson