Clockwork Orange (book)

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
I loved it, it's probably one of my top 3 favorites with "Catch a Fire" and "Grapes of Wrath". Has anyone else read the book? I want to see the movie since it's b Kubrick and I love the rest of his stuff. I saw "The Shining" recently and it was amazing. Anyone like the movie?

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Read it.

Would call it "disturbing" to say the least. Excellent, but disturbing. :thumbup:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
I want to see the movie since it's b Kubrick and I love the rest of his stuff. I saw "The Shining" recently and it was amazing. Anyone like the movie?
It's good, but also disturbing. I haven't read the book, so I can't compare the two. In general, people always say "the book was better" for a reason, though.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nothing like hitting the moloko bar and a night of the old utra violnce . :devil:

Last edited:

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Oh yeah I forgot to tell ya , I have an orig copy from one of the first printings of the book . My kid got a hold of it and tore the cover off. :bang:

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
SpokaneCardfan said:
My badiwad

I viddy this poor devotchka, and all of a sudden like crave the ole 'in out in out'

PS get the English version with 21 chapters as opposed to the 20 printed in America.

OP
OP
BigDavis75

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
boondockdrunk said:
I reviewed it in this thread.

It's uncanny how close our interests are in literature. The books I have been looking for are literally American Psycho and The Shining. First two books on your thread.