Cleaning House

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
he's a player that really can't be depended on.

i've got no problem with this team taking a step back this year while purging itself of bad contracts, players with bad attitudes. and as far as AW goes... we don't have his replacement, but we're going to suck one way or another IMO, so I've got no problem with him being cut loose so he can find a contender to be on.

and you can bring up the season ticket thing all you want, but I couldn't care less. if you need to burn down the forest in order to save it, I'd rather we burned it now than try to put a band-aid on it... and then realize you have to burn it down next year.

So, you're going to be okay with three out of the last four years being non-competitive? Do you have any expectation that if we take a step back, this front office is in the position to move us a step forward?

I think that the resolution has been that the coaching staff is going to cause us to take a step backward, so we're going to take the roster a step backward, as well. Why shell out for adequate talent if you're not going to field a competitive team from the sideline?

It's easy to burn down the forest, but those villages in Nam don't get rebuilt. Those forests grow themselves, and they take DECADES to get back to where they were.

NFL teams don't grow untended, and this fan base isn't giving this franchise a decade.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's tough right now to be a Cardinal fan.

We release a bunch of players at the same time our division rivals are adding big name talent. OK, perhaps, from a football standpoint but depressing nonetheless.

There will be pressure on BA and SK to give their fans something to get excited about. Yikes!

I don't mind these moves if it points us in the right direction. If this team gets a bunch of young talent and starts moving forward, i.e. like the 49ers did, then I'm all for it. If they get rid of talent and fill gaps with garbage like they did post 1998 then I don't want any part of it so here's hoping they do the right thing and get good, young talent.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know everyone will forever disagree with me, but I always felt that we sold the farm for the next decade when we paid Larry so much money and with a contract that we couldn't trade or dump some how. It just didn't make good business sense to me, even though it was a popular fan approving move.

Other teams do it. There's got to be a reason why teams like NE stay competitive by keeping their players while picking up other impact players.

Toro

Registered
Reaction score
The pats have Tom Brady. Not a fair comparison.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, you're going to be okay with three out of the last four years being non-competitive?

am I okay with it? well, I'm realistic about where we are and where we were was a terrible team that couldn't get much better because of the cap strapped situation we were in. so... I'd rather be terrible while purging ourselves of problem contracts and eat dirt now and hope that next year we'll be in a better position to get better, as opposed to keeping a bunch of trash, sucking this year anyway and being in a bad position next year.

Do you have any expectation that if we take a step back, this front office is in the position to move us a step forward?

no idea... but if they're going to be given a shot, they have to be given everything they need to try and turn it around. if that means gutting the team, well, that's what it means. I just don't see where half-measures ever work, especially for this franchise.

I think that the resolution has been that the coaching staff is going to cause us to take a step backward, so we're going to take the roster a step backward, as well. Why shell out for adequate talent if you're not going to field a competitive team from the sideline?

man... besides AW, I just don't see this adequate talent that you keep bringing up. Kolb's a disaster and good for mediocrity in 4 games at most. The other twelve he either isn't playing or is terrible. Bradley is completely pathetic. Beanie can't be depended upon at all and has very little drive IMO. Doucet is replaceable.

It's easy to burn down the forest, but those villages in Nam don't get rebuilt. Those forests grow themselves, and they take DECADES to get back to where they were.

NFL teams don't grow untended, and this fan base isn't giving this franchise a decade.

I could care less what the fan base wants. Most of the fan base (me included) wanted Matt Leinart... Dennis Green... and a host of other incredibly stupid ideas. I just think that if the new FO/Coaching staff is going to have a legit shot to do anything, they must be given carte blanche to build the team their way. maybe it'll be a disaster (probably with this team), but only time will tell.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, you're going to be okay with three out of the last four years being non-competitive? Do you have any expectation that if we take a step back, this front office is in the position to move us a step forward?

let me ask you this. what exactly did you WANT this team to do? I already know you thought we should have extended Wiz and demoted Graves to just dealing with contracts (which I thought was REALLY odd considering the horrific cap position he put us in... (maybe I'm wrong about that... but I thought that's what you were advocating for)... but now that those decisions have been made what do you want or what do you think would be the right thing to do re: the draft/FA?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't mind these moves if it points us in the right direction. If this team gets a bunch of young talent and starts moving forward, i.e. like the 49ers did, then I'm all for it. If they get rid of talent and fill gaps with garbage like they did post 1998 then I don't want any part of it so here's hoping they do the right thing and get good, young talent.
I understand from a football standpoint, but it's wreaking psychological havoc - as in the ESPN and NFLN pundits "doing comprehensive reviews " of the NFC West, declaring the Niners and Seahawks "dynasties"' "don't forget that those young Rams are up & comers" and then there's that other team" (who?) representing a very tiny asterisk.

It sucks.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's march and I am already sick and tired of K9's repeated vitriol. Nice to see Arians is your goat this year. Seriously man if you hate everything this organization does so much just find a new team. Your game is old and tired and I'm not going to let you make the rest of us as miserable as you.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
You have to replace them with someone. Are you confident that the Cards can find good replacements, or merely cheap ones? If it's the former, why hadn't they done so already?

Beanie is a better player than fans give him credit for. Heck, there's a 20-page thread from two offseasons ago where Shane and I were the only ones saying he wasn't in the same class as Maurice Jones-Drew.

He's a one-dimensional back who screams we are going to run when he comes into the game. He can't pass protect, he can't catch screen passes, he can't stay healthy, and my lasting memory of him is a goal-line fumble when he tripped over his own feet.

Beanie had a couple of good games with the Cardinals, but by and large he is not a good fit for the Bruce Arians offense IMO and I'm happy to start over with Reggie Bush or even Rashard Mendenhall at this point. I think either would be an upgrade, but they will cost more because they're free agents.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree the fan base won't give the Cards more time. They have given the Cards lots of time and a strong portion will continue to do so. The attendance may dip, but they will return. They always do.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
It's march and I am already sick and tired of K9's repeated vitriol. Nice to see Arians is your goat this year. Seriously man if you hate everything this organization does so much just find a new team. Your game is old and tired and I'm not going to let you make the rest of us as miserable as you.

well said splitsecond.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
K9 has the right to be so negative. How could he not? As soon as the Cards do something to merit positivity, let me know.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

The key point is old and tired. Just like the Cardinals losing is old and tired. If you don't want to read people being negative toward a franchise that has had only 3 winning seasons in 25 years and almost set a franchise record just last season for most consecutive losses maybe you should find a new team.

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm glad the Cards finally showed Beanie the door...... Despite his weak offensive line, his two yards per carry was horrible, he milked the system to not play yet smiled at his paycheck, and his turf-toe probably didn't hurt while wearing his Italian loafers in his exotic vehicle. Sadly, he was a waste of time and money, but the Bidwells are famous for bad decisions.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
New coaching staff means new players. Will this new staff bring in some good players to build this team right and bring back players that did well like Groves. We will have to wait and see. Letting Beanie go tells me we are going to draft a RB in the first four rounds.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
The key point is old and tired. Just like the Cardinals losing is old and tired. If you don't want to read people being negative toward a franchise that has had only 3 winning seasons in 25 years and almost set a franchise record just last season for most consecutive losses maybe you should find a new team.

After being a fan for 50 years i don`t need someone bitching and moaning every post to tell me there is a problem.Last i heard people still have the right to speak a opinion even if its different.Not everybody has a case of terminal negative nellie.There are too many real problems in life to get bent out of shape over a football team.Maybe some people need to step back and take a breath and worry about things that really matter.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not crying about it.Just tired of the same song from the same broken record.

To me, K9 is less tiresome than the cards releasing players and the board bashing said player. No matter who that player or the "replacement" is.

I have been guilty of that, but I am trying to stop. :)

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
To me, K9 is less tiresome than the cards releasing players and the board bashing said player. No matter who that player or the "replacement" is.

I have been guilty of that, but I am trying to stop. :)

we all have been guilty of that.:)

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Not crying about it.Just tired of the same song from the same broken record.

Me too. The one that goes 5-11, 5-11, skip, 5-11. :D

I've been a fan a long time and was used to it but now that we've finally experienced the success of winning the NFC Championship in our stadium and going to the SB I have a different attitude.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would love to see how anyone on this board can give any factual reason to be positive for the upcoming season. I understand many of you hope for improvement due to the changes that have been made ie Arians and Keim, but consider that change in the past has very rarely led to improvement. You are entitled to your belief in hope, but don't hammer those of us who are entitled to our belief in reality.

IMO, the Cardinals have lost getting the benefit of the doubt. They have to show me they are a better franchise and have made good moves before I will give them any credit. That is just my outlook on things.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me, being positive about this team is too much work. Being negative (realistic) is far less work.

#nohomer

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard