Cleaning House

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
What did they have to sell us last year ?

No one knew the defense was going to be THAT good.

7 game win streak headed out of the season.
Remarkable run of overtime wins.
Patrick Peterson returning punts for TDs.
A defense that was making plays throughout games at the end of the season.
A 1000 yard rusher with 10 TDs in Beanie Wells.

Those were all legit reasons to buy season tickets in 2012.

This year? The Guy No One Wanted to Coach Their Team.

And Depressed Larry Fitzgerald.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You have to wonder how the Cards are planning to market this team and sell tickets.

You really don't. I couldn't care less how they market the team or sell tickets. Not high on my list of importance. I want this team to win football games, and last couple of seasons they didn't win enough. I am confident all these changes are for the better.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Amazing that in less than a year we've gone from CKW being the best Cardinal coach ever and excitement over the changes in the front office with the extensions for Calais and DWash to CKW having left a mess for Arians to clean up and grave concern over the moves made by the front office and our division rivals.

Well maybe it can change back the other way in less than a year.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's tough right now to be a Cardinal fan.

We release a bunch of players at the same time our division rivals are adding big name talent. OK, perhaps, from a football standpoint but depressing nonetheless.

There will be pressure on BA and SK to give their fans something to get excited about. Yikes!

It's really not, Jeff. I would counter that that the last two years have been the tough part. New age. Better coaches. The sun will rise tomorrow.

Okay, why did i feel like a red-haired orphan as i typed that last sentence?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You really don't. I couldn't care less how they market the team or sell tickets. Not high on my list of importance. I want this team to win football games, and last couple of seasons they didn't win enough. I am confident all these changes are for the better.

I don't know. Is this team better today than it was yesterday? What is the source of your confidence that all these changes are for the better?

The Cards' balance sheet looks better today than it did yesterday, but I understand that nothing sells tickets like winning. Hard to win when your current top running back ended the season on IR with 2.8 YPC and no TDs.

And you don't have a legitimate quarterback.

This board is going to be mighty silent this October when all you guys who were happy about the makeover of the Cardinals roster are enjoying a 3-13 season.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Depressing would have been the status quo keeping marginal players that don't fit the system with exorbitant contracts given out by an inept GM and being coached by a horrible coaching staff.

I'm more optimistic about being a Cards fan than I have been in 3 years.

Amen.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't know. Is this team better today than it was yesterday? What is the source of your confidence that all these changes are for the better?

The Cards' balance sheet looks better today than it did yesterday, but I understand that nothing sells tickets like winning. Hard to win when your current top running back ended the season on IR with 2.8 YPC and no TDs.

This board is going to be mighty silent this October when all you guys who were happy about the makeover of the Cardinals roster are enjoying a 3-13 season.

Wish the board was a bit more silent right about now. :D

All that is occurring at the moment is a positive. 1-15, 3-13, 5-11. Is ther really a difference? We all want 10 wins minimum, and that was not happening with the status quo. So sit back, watch kids movies with your kids and enjoy the ride. :)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Wish the board was a bit more silent right about now. :D

All that is occurring at the moment is a positive.

Why? Not to be shrill, but--again, if the Cards take the current team minus Kolb but plus Drew Stanton into the draft, is this positive? That we're saving up cap money for a 2014 free agent class that could be as barren as this one? Why?

1-15, 3-13, 5-11. Is ther really a difference? We all want 10 wins minimum, and that was not happening with the status quo. So sit back, watch kids movies with your kids and enjoy the ride. :)

There's a difference to me. Especially when there's a difference between going 5-11 and having 10 games decided by a TD or less and having 8 losses by 10 points or more.

But what do I expect from a poster who's still repping Ryan Williams and his scared running?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

Did the Cards release any players who could have turned this team into a contender? I don`t think so.As much as everybody liked AW he couldn`t cover worth a damn anymore.Beanie can`t stay on the field.Gay underperformed.Bradley flopped.LSH was good for KRs and sometimes RB.Doucet flopped.So i don`t see any big difference makers who have left so far.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Did the Cards release any players who could have turned this team into a contender? I don`t think so.As much as everybody liked AW he couldn`t cover worth a damn anymore.Beanie can`t stay on the field.Gay underperformed.Bradley flopped.LSH was good for KRs and sometimes RB.Doucet flopped.So i don`t see any big difference makers who have left so far.

You have to replace them with someone. Are you confident that the Cards can find good replacements, or merely cheap ones? If it's the former, why hadn't they done so already?

Beanie is a better player than fans give him credit for. Heck, there's a 20-page thread from two offseasons ago where Shane and I were the only ones saying he wasn't in the same class as Maurice Jones-Drew.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Good post. Just as long as we get competent players to fill the void

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
You have to replace them with someone. Are you confident that the Cards can find good replacements, or merely cheap ones? If it's the former, why hadn't they done so already?

Beanie is a better player than fans give him credit for. Heck, there's a 20-page thread from two offseasons ago where Shane and I were the only ones saying he wasn't in the same class as Maurice Jones-Drew.

I am willing to give the new staff a chance to show they can improve the team.Since Free agency hasn`t even started yet and the draft is 7 weeks away i can wait and see how things settle out before rushing to judge.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I am willing to give the new staff a chance to show they can improve the team.Since Free agency hasn`t even started yet and the draft is 7 weeks away i can wait and see how things settle out before rushing to judge.

So you're depending on the team being able to solve needs in free agency--something they've shown no capacity to do since Denny Green left town.

Got it. Judge the team after we see what comes from June 1 cuts.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There's a difference to me. Especially when there's a difference between going 5-11 and having 10 games decided by a TD or less and having 8 losses by 10 points or more.

And IMO those games were lost because of poor coaching not lack of talent. Qb included.

As for my repping of RW... Damn straight I am. Dude will rock this year. And what about you bro... Don't even know who Kipper is? Any self respecting Dad would shun you in public.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
So you're depending on the team being able to solve needs in free agency--something they've shown no capacity to do since Denny Green left town.

Agreed K9. picking up everyone elses scraps out of the trash can worked so well for the Skins Danny Snyder & the Cards of Arizona hasnt it?

I also find it strange that the Bidwills ate contract after contract because coaches & players got fired, we have little cap space & yet everyone expects us to be major players in FA...yeah right!!!

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

I guess you could say i have some patience.Being a fan of the Cards for 50 years i tend to wait and see the finished product before going off on a rant.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am willing to give the new staff a chance... & can wait and see...
Me too, though as of right now, the smoke coming out the window is a consistent charcoal gray.

Nothing has happened thus far to make Cardinal fans feel good about this team other than moving into the black cap-wise. The ball is smack dab in Steve and Bruce's court.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I know everyone will forever disagree with me, but I always felt that we sold the farm for the next decade when we paid Larry so much money and with a contract that we couldn't trade or dump some how. It just didn't make good business sense to me, even though it was a popular fan approving move.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beanie is a better player than fans give him credit for.

he's a player that really can't be depended on.

i've got no problem with this team taking a step back this year while purging itself of bad contracts, players with bad attitudes. and as far as AW goes... we don't have his replacement, but we're going to suck one way or another IMO, so I've got no problem with him being cut loose so he can find a contender to be on.

and you can bring up the season ticket thing all you want, but I couldn't care less. if you need to burn down the forest in order to save it, I'd rather we burned it now than try to put a band-aid on it... and then realize you have to burn it down next year.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Depressing would have been the status quo keeping marginal players that don't fit the system with exorbitant contracts given out by an inept GM and being coached by a horrible coaching staff.

I'm more optimistic about being a Cards fan than I have been in 3 years.

Same. One year rebuilds are common in today's NFL. Stick it out with Hoyer/Stanton and get a top 3 pick and four in the top 100. Plus cutting some stiffs now create cap space for next year. I have no problem being patient.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know everyone will forever disagree with me, but I always felt that we sold the farm for the next decade when we paid Larry so much money and with a contract that we couldn't trade or dump some how. It just didn't make good business sense to me, even though it was a popular fan approving move.
I don't know about "everyone", but I sure disagree with you. Maybe it's because I think it's a 100-times harder to find great football players than it is balancing a budget. (i.e. make the right decisions about player-talent and it's amazing how you suddenly look like a cap-genius).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort