OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I completely disagree

When I did my NFL Mock, I alternated between offense and defense and I ended up loving my draft.

Why cripple ourselves by going all offense or defense? Just take the best guy and go with it.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just want to get

Dibbs on naming our "QB of the future" who couldn't outplay undrafted Preston Parsons last year.

That's the biggest reason I want us to get a QB of the future...McClown isn't it.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chris_Sanders
It's McClown...get it right. If you think I am lying...go up to Flagstaff this year and watch him in training camp.

Umm I was agreeing with you....Why waste a pick on another "McClown" like project is what I am saying!!!!

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef
that's the problem with what we've been doing in our general plan - Load up on D and the O wil come around or Load up O and it will carry the defense - good teams win with BALANCE! Let's find some kind of balance, because this team sure as hell hasn't shown that it CAN put one elite side of the ball on the field. That being said draft Leftwhich, sign Robinson and draft Defense the rest of the draft.

But you know McGraves would find a way to foul that up! The scouting for the Cardinals has stunk for decades, you can't trust them to pick the right guys with any sort of consistancy. Both sides of the ball would suffer if they split picks!

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool Cool

:thumbup:

I am getting paranoid.

PHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!

Okay I feel better now.

Graves won't screw this up...I have the faith again!

Nortel_User

Reaction score
It's gotta be hot air man. Is Bidwill still running the show? Isn't his priority to get people in the stands as quick as possible (aside from winning, I know)? Suggs is his best bet from that stand point. All hot air (hopefully).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardinals.Ken
But you know McGraves would find a way to foul that up! The scouting for the Cardinals has stunk for decades, you can't trust them to pick the right guys with any sort of consistancy. Both sides of the ball would suffer if they split picks!

"Both side of the ball would suffer if they split picks" - that is one of the funniest things I have ever rad on this site. Ken, why have you come so far over into the darkside in such a small amount of time?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First I am surprised it took someone 30 posts to trot out the hot air excuse. Figured with this crowd, Suggs would have been defended with vigor.

Maybe the Cards really are getting the heebie jeebies about drafting him. Maybe they are onto something here about Suggs ability to handle NFL OTs. Maybe they are wrong, too. I have said it before, a QB effects the outcome of every single game, a DE effects the outcome of 2 or 3 per year.

If available though, I still draft Newman and go DL (pass rush) in rounds 2 & 3.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just hope the long hours aren't making Rod and Mac punchy. The danger is that, in their exhaustion, they will think themselves out of the obvious and logical.

There's an old adage (that I made up) that says:

"If you answer your front door and a tiger is standing out there, you don't need a 50-page "plan" to tell you that you'd better run in the other direction fast."

Terrell Suggs = Tiger at the Cards' Front Door (only in this case they shouldn't run away from him).

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by JeffGollin
I just hope the long hours aren't making Rod and Mac punchy. The danger is that, in their exhaustion, they will think themselves out of the obvious and logical.

There's an old adage (that I made up) that says:

"If you answer your front door and a tiger is standing out there, you don't need a 50-page "plan" to tell you that you'd better run in the other direction fast."

Terrell Suggs = Tiger at the Cards' Front Door (only in this case they shouldn't run away from him).

Suggs may not be the Tiger to which you refer but the Tiger is there...no matter what his name is.

Maybe I am naive about this but if the Cards draftday decision makers don't have their crap together by now I worry for Saturday. The only monkey that could/should wrnech things is a trade offer. Otherwise, at #6 they should be good to go having a pretty good idea whom will be available to them.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef
"Both side of the ball would suffer if they split picks" - that is one of the funniest things I have ever rad on this site. Ken, why have you come so far over into the darkside in such a small amount of time?

I'm a realist man...that's all...I wouldn't even of renewed my season tickets if Emmitt hadn't of signed. My wife is a Cowboy's fan, and she made me do it.

Last edited:

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Saturday

If Suggs and Leftwich and Trufant are all 3 there at #6:

I want suggs.

I'll take Leftwich.

I'll crap my pants if we pass over both Suggs and Leftwich to get Trufant.

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
It wouldn’t surprise me if the Cardinals did pass on Suggs. I really got the impression in a TV interview I seen with Joe Greene last Friday after Suggs workout that Greene was disappointed in Suggs workout when he said he would have liked to have seen his 10 yard times in something like the 1.65 range instead of the 1.70 range. I wish there was a clip of that interview somewhere that I could paste on here.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Houdini
It wouldn’t surprise me if the Cardinals did pass on Suggs. I really got the impression in a TV interview I seen with Joe Greene last Friday after Suggs workout that Greene was disappointed in Suggs workout when he said he would have liked to have seen his 10 yard times in something like the 1.65 range instead of the 1.70 range. I wish there was a clip of that interview somewhere that I could paste on here.

Unless they were using electronic timers (START and FINISH) which I doubt; there is NO difference between 1.65 and 1.70, other than the twitch response of the person with the stop watch.
SO, this statement from Mean Joe would have to be classified as
total BS!

To respond to this thread in general; seeing as how the Cards are not too anxious to sign Robinson, rumors that they are souring on Suggs, already have the "QB of the future"; I'm guessing that they are prepared to draft a WR as their No. 1 pick!

DAMN, IT'S HARD TO BE A FAN OF THIS TEAM!!

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I have complete and utter blind faith that Mr Graves and Mr McGinnis will make the best decision with the number six pick for the good of the entire Cardinal organization and the fans. They have a plan and plans are good. They care about us. In order to create good karma we must all place our entire lives into the hands of Mr Graves just as the Phoenix rises from the ashes so to will the Arizona Cardinals.

There is just one thing Mr Graves needs to remember, should you or anyone from your organization be caught the fans will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This message will self destruct in 15 seconds.

:evil:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn