Civilization IV

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Anyone play this?

Bratwurst?

I just started again. It is really addicting.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I still play Civ II all the time. It's the best game I can get to run at work.

I played the demo of Civ IV. I really liked it.

All Civ games are as addicting as nicotine or crack!

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Me and Bratwurst used to play multiplay on Civ3, but it is too slow.

It took like a year to get 5 cities rolling.

I think this Civ iv has a better multiplayer set up. I want to try it out.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is it the new one? or has it been out for awhile?

I still play CivIII from time to time. Addicting game.

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
is it the new one? or has it been out for awhile?

I still play CivIII from time to time. Addicting game.

It is the newest one and it has been out for awhile.

It is alot like Civ 3 but graphically better and gameplay is easier. Basically the same game though.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
It is the newest one and it has been out for awhile.

It is alot like Civ 3 but graphically better and gameplay is easier. Basically the same game though.

One thing I really liked about Civ IV was that fact that your cities create borders, and share resources between.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Hey KoC, I'll try a multiplayer game if you want to set it up. What are the options? Email again? Let me know, I have the game but never really played it. I'll have to find the disk...

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought it this afternoon. I'll set it up tonight and play a few solo games. In a week or so I may be looking to go Ghingis Kahn on some ASFN posters (only if they're up for it, of course).

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear its a great game, I may look into getting it whenever I find the time.

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I haven't tried multiplayer but I think you can play it without doing that email thing. We will have to figure it out. It will be cool if we get a bunch of us.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to do a live person-to-person game, yet? I might be up for one on Friday night (yes, that's how popular I am--video games on Friday night).

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to do a live person-to-person game, yet? I might be up for one on Friday night (yes, that's how popular I am--video games on Friday night).

Thats what most of my friday night consist of. Not civ 4, wow... i tried player v. player once with my friend. it was ok. just make sure you play with people who arent easily distracted or else youll be waiting awhile in between turns.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score

We've played Civ II quite a bit over IP and LAN.

Never Civ IV however...

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

I am up for that.

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I can't figure out how to log on to the "internet" multiplayer feature. I went to www.gamespyid.com and created an account, bbut it won't let me log on. Is it pay-for-play?

It says you can play turn by turn are or simultaneous movement.

They are new patches, the second one has to do with multi player.

http://www.2kgames.com/civ4/downloads.htm

http://63.236.94.185/2kgames/civ4/civ4pitboss.php

Here is a message board that tells how to do it:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KoC--

I'll check in in a couple of hours and see if you're on the board, but with the kids I don't know what time I'm going to be able to play tonight.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
KoC--

I'll check in in a couple of hours and see if you're on the board, but with the kids I don't know what time I'm going to be able to play tonight.

Thats the trick, thats for sure. The email thing was very slow, but you could play a turn when you had the time to do it, and not have to get everyone together at the same time.

I still haven't played this game. I was a complete Civ3 addict but I just haven't really gotten into iv at all, and the only time I get to play games I'm usually playing DoD.

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This is always hard. The email thing was too slow. I wanna to try to play though this new way.

I will be on the board off and on till probably 10:00 tonight and then in the afternoon/evening tomorrow.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is always hard. The email thing was too slow. I wanna to try to play though this new way.

I will be on the board off and on till probably 10:00 tonight and then in the afternoon/evening tomorrow.
I'm getting a few work things finished up, then I'm going to try to connect again. I downloaded the patches, but I'm not positive that it's going to work.

Can we connect directly through IP addresses? I don't know exactly what that means, but that means it must be good.

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm getting a few work things finished up, then I'm going to try to connect again. I downloaded the patches, but I'm not positive that it's going to work.

Can we connect directly through IP addresses? I don't know exactly what that means, but that means it must be good.

I think that is how we have to do it. One of us starts up a game and then gives the other his ip address. And then our computers connect. I have done it before with Age of Empires.

But that was a longtime ago.

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It looks like it is working for me. I just put in the game and selected multiplayer. Now it is downloading that patch. I will set up a game under:

tjminnick1998

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard