Christian Kirk being shopped?

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

love that hedged language

teams are ALWAYS looking to upgrade just about everything all the time

of course they can’t say this b/c it betrays a lack of loyalty from their charges

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm sure that it was put out by Arizona, even though they have no intention of trading him. They want teams to think they are interested in trading Kirk, thus opening up a need for a WR. This might interest teams (who want a particular WR to trade up and draft that WR) and, thus leaving a player that Arizona wants. For example Carolina seems to leaning Brown whom Arizona wants (Guess, guess) and they trade down to the spot (Jax) behind Az, figuring Az will take a WR, and they'll be able to get Brown at #9.

My point is whenever you see an article show up just before the Draft that makes no sense, there's usually a reason for it. JMO.

Except moving Kirk (for the right price) makes a lot of sense. Last year before his option kicks in. He’s good, not great (so he has value, but not FT value). Elite WR draft. We don’t have a 2nd rd pick.

Occam’s razor.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Probably for the right price, Kirk is traded.

Right Price probably at least a 2nd rounder, if low, maybe even 2nd + extra.

But question yourself, if the Cowboys call you and offer you the 2nd and 4th rounder for Kirk, do you keep Kirk (top 10 Second round pick value)? Does it need 2nd and 3rd for you (~3rd pick round 2 value)?

Nobody is untradable, we saw it with the Hopkins - Johnson trade, only 1 buyer is needed. Would it be smart by the Cowboys paying 51 & 82 for Kirk, I don't know. But with that, I couldn't argue if Keim would trade Kirk for that, even for 2nd and 4th because in the 4th there is still very good talent at least at RB, OG, S, ILB, NT.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Kirk gets glowing reviews from Fitz on his work ethic. Fitz said he works like a true professional... I hope we keep Kirk, he's had some injuries slow him down but I think he can be a SOLID wr 2
Has Fitz ever said anyting negative about a current or former teammate? No. He has way too much class for that. I'd take that comment with a grain of salt.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Probably for the right price, Kirk is traded.

Right Price probably at least a 2nd rounder, if low, maybe even 2nd + extra.

But question yourself, if the Cowboys call you and offer you the 2nd and 4th rounder for Kirk, do you keep Kirk (top 10 Second round pick value)? Does it need 2nd and 3rd for you (~3rd pick round 2 value)?

Nobody is untradable, we saw it with the Hopkins - Johnson trade, only 1 buyer is needed. Would it be smart by the Cowboys paying 51 & 82 for Kirk, I don't know. But with that, I couldn't argue if Keim would trade Kirk for that, even for 2nd and 4th because in the 4th there is still very good talent at least at RB, OG, S, ILB, NT.
He was drated #47 overall. If the 2nd round pick is a #51 or higher and a 4th rounder, you take it. He's hasn't done anything in the leauge to warrant more.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If a team can recoup a 2nd round pick for an injury prone dime-a-dozen receiver, that is a pretty good deal.

He’s 23 and played with two rookie QB’s so far. The durability concern is there but we need to see him for another year before shipping him off.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cut bait. This is a loaded WR draft.

Average play is good play for a #3 WR, which is what he is now.

I am fine with taking a WR in round 3 or 4 though if the intent isn't to resign him. I just don't think we can make that decision yet.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Again if the price for Lamb is recouping a 2nd and drafting a T with good upside you probably do it. Lamb is bigger likes contact will be better on the outside and likely more durable. He'd be an upgrade. We probably go 4 WR sets less raglan half the time this season. We could also add another besides Lamb late since it's such a deep WR draft. You take the best with history with Murray and then can add another to push Butler for a spot.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
If Pittman is somehow available when Boys R2 pick comes and they would rather have Kirk over anyone else they could draft, I wouldn't hesitate to make that trade and pick for Cards.