Christian Kirk being shopped?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn’t readily dismiss this. These things often never get realized, but this is consistent with what I posted earlier that the Cards had doubts about his long term future.

it’s completely made up it even says so in the article. Pretty much just says teams like him

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
If they do indeed draft Lamb or Jeudy first, I can see it happening to possibly recoup a #2 pick. Otherwise I can’t see it or any reasoning behind it

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't see this happening at all. The hate Kirk gets here is just wild.

If we draft CeeDee, Kirk is 4th on the team probably sooner than later...
I can't agree with this take. Lamb's been in a similar offense, but he's still going to be a rookie with almost no time in camp. Kirk also played with Kyler in college, and has a full "for real" year in the offense.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I can't agree with this take. Lamb's been in a similar offense, but he's still going to be a rookie with almost no time in camp. Kirk also played with Kyler in college, and has a full "for real" year in the offense.
If Larry stays another 2 years (which is possible and reasonable if he wants to get to 20k) and he stays on his actual level, next year Lamb will be in for #2 or #1b on this team, wheras Kirk has to have better hands and command more coverage missmatch than Larry to be #3.

I don't see it, if Larry doesn't fall, Kirk will be the #4 WR sooner rather then later. And c'mon you know, high school and collage are two different things.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There is NO WAY that Michael Bidwill, in the midst of a Pandemic, would trade away a local guy. NO WAY.

This reminded me of the famous line about investing: Buy when there is blood in the streets.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

How is it “hate” if people are saying don’t trade him unless you get a second?

I’d say the same thing about Fitz. Does that mean I “hate” Fitz?

Also, you’re being disingenuous to equate Kyler’s QB-WR relationship with Kirk to that of his one with Lamb.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Also, anyone here that wouldn’t trade Fitz for a 2nd doesn’t care about winning, and should be able to admit that.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If Larry stays another 2 years (which is possible and reasonable if he wants to get to 20k) and he stays on his actual level, next year Lamb will be in for #2 or #1b on this team, wheras Kirk has to have better hands and command more coverage missmatch than Larry to be #3.

I don't see it, if Larry doesn't fall, Kirk will be the #4 WR sooner rather then later. And c'mon you know, high school and collage are two different things.
Lamb isn't a guaranteed immediate smash hit. Few WRs in the first round have been in recent history. Way more busts than success stories. Lamb has to come in and prove he knows the offense and can get off the ball on the outside before he's anything. The Lamb love is way over the top. I think he's a good player, but he's not ousting Larry, and it's gonna be a long climb to oust Kirk.

I didn't say anything about High School.

How is it “hate” if people are saying don’t trade him unless you get a second?

I’d say the same thing about Fitz. Does that mean I “hate” Fitz?

Also, you’re being disingenuous to equate Kyler’s QB-WR relationship with Kirk to that of his one with Lamb.
I'm not talking specifically about this thread or anything you said. Just the general thought that people want to replace him with Lamb so badly.

Kyler Murray has thrown more completed passes to Christian Kirk in his combined career than he has CeeDee Lamb.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
This reminded me of the famous line about investing: Buy when there is blood in the streets.

Yeah...one of my favorites from Warren Buffett: "Be fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful"

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
That doesn't sound definitive to me.

They have not been approached by any teams - have the Cardinals approached?
Arizona is not planning to move him - is not the same as we are not trading him.

Interesting wording IMO

I don't want Kirk traded...just saying.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That doesn't sound definitive to me.

They have not been approached by any teams - have the Cardinals approached?
Arizona is not planning to move him - is not the same as we are not trading him.

Interesting wording IMO

I don't want Kirk traded...just saying.
Sounds like you're 'just sayin' that you want it both ways.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I will clarify...

I don't want to trade Kirk.
If we do, it would have to be a 2nd round pick or a starting player.

My point above was that statement didn't sound like a total denial...like "we are not trading Kirk".

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Card Fan, thanks. For me, that's a total denial. And the fact that it wasn't worded better is because of everyone being "out of the office". (Boss says, you could have done a better job, but we have bigger problems, so hit send).

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure that it was put out by Arizona, even though they have no intention of trading him. They want teams to think they are interested in trading Kirk, thus opening up a need for a WR. This might interest teams (who want a particular WR to trade up and draft that WR) and, thus leaving a player that Arizona wants. For example Carolina seems to leaning Brown whom Arizona wants (Guess, guess) and they trade down to the spot (Jax) behind Az, figuring Az will take a WR, and they'll be able to get Brown at #9.

My point is whenever you see an article show up just before the Draft that makes no sense, there's usually a reason for it. JMO.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If the cowboys want to overpay...like give us #51 and #123....AND the staff thinks that both Isabella and Butler are going to make big time jumps this year...then I might consider trading him.

If both of those things aren't happening...(really solid value + huge faith in Isabella and Butler BOTH)...then I see no reason in the world to trade him. I think if he can stay healthy, he is going to have a big year.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has two years left on his deal and has been an average performer. The best use of Kirk is to play him out on his rookie deal this year as a good WR #3 and then either pay him or trade him next year with a year left on his deal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard