Check this out! We think things are bad! ;)

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Yuma said:
Atlanta Fans Have Something To Moan About!

Check out this link! The Atlanta Journal started a blog for Hawks fans on the JJ mess. Some of these guys have good points, but not high feelings on keeping Diaw. :(

It was only like to people that said he sucked. Remember everyone said JJ sucked also in Boston and they were happy to let him go.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
oh man this is one is the best....high comedy in hawksland...

By Mitch
August 4, 2005 08:25 PM | Link to this

Relax everyone. Johnson will be a Hawk…and will lead the Hawks to a playoff berth THIS year…I kid you not. Keeping Al Harrington will prove to be key. We need consistent scoring from the 4 spot and Harrington will provide it. Marvin Williams will play 6th man like he did at UNC…and his energy off the bench will be huge. C Zaza Pachulia is a solid player on both ends and will be a nice addition. He and Collier will split time and hold their own. 2G Childress and 3F Josh Smith will flourish under Johnson’s floor leadership. Stoudamire will be the third guard…and will find himself on the floor late in games…and will, even as a rookie, deliver clutch 3 balls at crunch time.

Dustbuster

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't know, AZ. The part about making the playoffs is probably a pipe dream, but everything else he said is at least reasonably realistic. JJ will be a great addition for them, their very young guys are going to continue to develop, Zaza would be a nice addition, and Stoudamire can shoot. Whether or not all of that will result in wins is yet to be seen, but I don't really think that guy is all that homerish.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The one I think hit too close to home for me was this:

By Brian

August 4, 2005 04:59 PM | Link to this

What is there to think about….First off, Boris Diaw is awful so we should be glad to get him off this team! Joe Johnson is worth more than two LOTTERY PROTECTED Picks! If this doesn’t go through, you will make the Smith family (previous falcons owner) look like good owners! Do us all a favor and sell this team to the real Atlanta Spirit, Arthur Blank!!

He's right. We are taking it in the shorts! It's better than nothing, though.... :mad:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yuma said:
The one I think hit too close to home for me was this:

Quote:
By Brian

August 4, 2005 04:59 PM | Link to this

What is there to think about….First off, Boris Diaw is awful so we should be glad to get him off this team! Joe Johnson is worth more than two LOTTERY PROTECTED Picks! If this doesn’t go through, you will make the Smith family (previous falcons owner) look like good owners! Do us all a favor and sell this team to the real Atlanta Spirit, Arthur Blank!!

He's right. We are taking it in the shorts! It's better than nothing, though.... :mad:

IMO, this trade is being looked at in the wrong perspectine. The value to Phoenix in this proposed trade are the two draft picks, the trade exception and a 23 year athletic talent who may or may not develop.

Diaw, like JJ, was not appreciated by the teams drafting them. I know JJ gave Phoenix early signs of developing into a good player, however, I would not write Diaw off (if Phoenix scouting staff actually still like him).

I think Diaw should be looked at as gravy in the deal. Now if he develops... what a steal. I don't think Atlanta or many of their fans know talent if they see it. It's just that Atlanta has been bad for so long and they are looking for a savior. Perhaps too much has been expected from Diaw.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I could care less if Diaw is included in the deal. Oh were getting the he is young talk again...well JJ is pretty much the same age.

I like the way Deek Pollard puts it. "Potientail is the French word for Bulls_t!"

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Treesquid said:
I could care less if Diaw is included in the deal. Oh were getting the he is young talk again...well JJ is pretty much the same age.

Yes, I heard the same young talk about JJ.

If you read my previous post I said Diaw should only be looked at as gravy. He is not the key component of the trade. The picks and the trade exception are the key components of this sign and trade.

However, Diaw should not be written off just yet. He might at least turn into depth for the Suns bench. Different players develop at different ages. See Raja Bell as an immediate example.

asudevil83

Reaction score
Dustbuster said:
I don't know, AZ. The part about making the playoffs is probably a pipe dream, but everything else he said is at least reasonably realistic. JJ will be a great addition for them, their very young guys are going to continue to develop, Zaza would be a nice addition, and Stoudamire can shoot. Whether or not all of that will result in wins is yet to be seen, but I don't really think that guy is all that homerish.

its a pipe dream: i mean they look like a decent team.....compared to what though? are they better than:

Miama (Shaq, Wake, Walker, Williams, Hawlam)
Indy (O'neal, Artest, Tinsley, Jackson)
Detroit (Wallace, Wallace, Hamilton, Prince, Billups)
Chicago (Curry, Chandler, Gordon, Deng, Hinrich)
NJ (Kidd, Richardson, Carter, Rahim, Kristic)
Philly (Dalambert, Webber, Iggy, Iverson)
Cleveland (Lebron, Z, Marshall, Hughes)
Boston (Pierce, Davis, Jefferson, bench of decent role players)
Washington (Jamison, Arenas, Butler, Haywood)
Milwaukee (Bogut, Simmons, Redd, Ford, Smith)

i think that even with JJ, Atlanta is the 11th best team in the division. they have the talent to give teams a run for their money, but the dont have the experience needed to do much. additionally, i feel that what goes on upstairs affects the moral and distracts the team on the court. that's a big blow to a team. factor in that they have NOTHING up front, and teams like Miami, Detroit, Indy, Philly should destroy them on the court.

i know i'm forgetting some stuff, but i just dont see Atlanta as GOOD, compared to the rest of the east......who isnt that crappy conference of a few years ago. that conference has gotten STRONG.

cpatterson23

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
asudevil83 said:
its a pipe dream: i mean they look like a decent team.....compared to what though? are they better than:

Miama (Shaq, Wake, Walker, Williams, Hawlam)
Indy (O'neal, Artest, Tinsley, Jackson)
Detroit (Wallace, Wallace, Hamilton, Prince, Billups)
Chicago (Curry, Chandler, Gordon, Deng, Hinrich)
NJ (Kidd, Richardson, Carter, Rahim, Kristic)
Philly (Dalambert, Webber, Iggy, Iverson)
Cleveland (Lebron, Z, Marshall, Hughes)
Boston (Pierce, Davis, Jefferson, bench of decent role players)
Washington (Jamison, Arenas, Butler, Haywood)
Milwaukee (Bogut, Simmons, Redd, Ford, Smith)

i think that even with JJ, Atlanta is the 11th best team in the division. they have the talent to give teams a run for their money, but the dont have the experience needed to do much. additionally, i feel that what goes on upstairs affects the moral and distracts the team on the court. that's a big blow to a team. factor in that they have NOTHING up front, and teams like Miami, Detroit, Indy, Philly should destroy them on the court.

i know i'm forgetting some stuff, but i just dont see Atlanta as GOOD, compared to the rest of the east......who isnt that crappy conference of a few years ago. that conference has gotten STRONG.
I notice a number of those lineups have just 4 players... anyway, I just want JJ to go to atlanta already!!! what's gonna happen if they don't take him and we end up with him!?!?! I think that with him, atlanta is probably gonna have a good lineup. The whole reason i watched the entire nba draft was to see where salim stoudamire went. I wish we could get him.

asudevil83

Reaction score
cpatterson23 said:
I notice a number of those lineups have just 4 players... anyway, I just want JJ to go to atlanta already!!! what's gonna happen if they don't take him and we end up with him!?!?! I think that with him, atlanta is probably gonna have a good lineup. The whole reason i watched the entire nba draft was to see where salim stoudamire went. I wish we could get him.

i wasnt going by lineups....i was going by key players.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I want Childress, Salim, TE, and the laker pick and i think thats fair compensation both ways.

I wouldnt sleep on Diaw though....many of the Atl fans calling him garbage sound like many Boston fans after we initially traded for JJ. What we have going for us that those two teams didnt, is that we develop players with good tools and the right mental make up. That was joe and that COULD be Diaw. Its def. worth a shot if we can teach him to shoot better.....

Reaction score
From 13 wins to the playoffs? Wouldn't that be better than what the Suns did last season? No way. :D

I personally think Joe may be a legitimately special player. I don't think anyone else has his combination of huge frame, midrange, 3-point shot, passing, and ball handling. And his defense is good and should improve with experience. Plus he works hard on his game in the offseason (which is why he can do all that stuff). He seems to have the credentials on paper.

If he had Kobe's mentality he would be a superstar. But he's just Joe.

I'm a little interested to see how he does. But no way are they getting close to the playoffs. 30-35 wins would be a miracle season.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
lancelet's cousin said:
From 13 wins to the playoffs? Wouldn't that be better than what the Suns did last season? No way. :D

I personally think Joe may be a legitimately special player. I don't think anyone else has his combination of huge frame, midrange, 3-point shot, passing, and ball handling. And his defense is good and should improve with experience. Plus he works hard on his game in the offseason (which is why he can do all that stuff). He seems to have the credentials on paper.

If he had Kobe's mentality he would be a superstar. But he's just Joe.

I'm a little interested to see how he does. But no way are they getting close to the playoffs. 30-35 wins would be a miracle season.

JJ not only lacks the mentality of players like Kobe Bryant... he lacks the athleticism. He just isn't as quick or athletic as Kobe Bryant, Tracy McGrady, or even Paul Pierce.

Joe Mama

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Is this guy huffing glue?

By Smaha

Atta Boy Mr. Belkin, trading our former # 1 pick Diaw, two future #1 draft picks plus a $5-10 million exemption for any basketball player but Shaq is crazy. I think they should have insisted on Phoenix signing Steve Hunter and then including him in this trade as the way it stands now, Atlanta is getting robbed even though Johnson is a quality ballplayer, he also plays the shooting guard position and the last time I checked, Atlanta had 4 of them. I know they want to make Johnson a point guard, but they should let Salim play the point or bring in a veteran point guard or better still, bring Lue back.

Anyone who thinks Diaw and two protected picks is worth Shaq is lost..

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
yeah some are sniffing glue look at this one

By Matt Mashburn Belkin’s right. Billy Knight has got to go. We’ve given him much leeway because he followed the worst GM ever in Babcock, and he hasn’t been that bad until now. Think about all the trades in the past two years. We’ve given away Shareef, Theo, Dickau, Glen Robinson, Hendu (thank God), JT, and Rasheed Wallace. All we have to show for it is cap space and one draft pick! Which Knight is apparantly content to be snookered out of by Phoenix. Billy Knight has become Isiah.

Don’t get me wrong, Joe Johnson would be an excellent addition. But we’re getting fleeced with giving up TWO 1st round picks.

I say we call their bluff and sign him to an offer sheet, with the $20 million balloon payment upfront, there’s no way they can match it. And if they do, we can easily take Amare from them next year because they would be betweeen a rock and a hard place.

Roll the dice Mr. Belkin, you have Atlanta’s support!

bwhahahahah I needed a good laugh. Looks like the ATL is getting a bit cocky with this JJ wanting to go there.

nothin' but net

All Star
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

That is real funny!

Wait...then I think that someone is dumb enough to believe that. I didn't know people that stupid could write. Maybe he dictated it.:shrug:

cpatterson23

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
nothin' but net said:
:biglaugh:

That is real funny!

Wait...then I think that someone is dumb enough to believe that. I didn't know people that stupid could write. Maybe he dictated it.:shrug:
... The only thing true that guy said was that, if JJ does return, we're f*cked now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard