Chandler Jones to the Raiders

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about you FIRE THE GUY WHO HIRED THE DC? And the guy WHO HIRED MIKE MCCOY? And the guy who keeps drafting complete washouts no matter WHO IS COACH?!
I wonder how big a GoFundMe would need to get before they would fire Keim that just signed a new extension...

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea pretty much every expert and nearly every fan was happy with the pick…. VERY happy.
And he is the worst of the the starters on defense who was drafted by Kiem. As I mentioned yesterday, 9 of the 11 defensive starters were drafted by Kiem. 8 if you don't count Golden.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about you FIRE THE GUY WHO HIRED THE DC? And the guy WHO HIRED MIKE MCCOY? And the guy who keeps drafting complete washouts no matter WHO IS COACH?!
I'm ok with that. I'd like to see what Wilson or Harris can do since we know Micheal will stay in house and stay low cost if he ate Kiems salary.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Actually, I take back saying I was wrong

That is the most unified I've ever seen this board on a 1st rounder! It's exactly as I remember. Even those that said he wasn't their pick were still happy. To your credit, you and @Chopper0080 were the only vocal ones against it.

I wouldn't have picked him.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So I guess if Keim is gone, then out of nowhere Vance becomes a great DC? I think not. And do we really know that Simmons, Collins & our defensive picks from the last draft are washouts?? I think not. And don’t think for a second that Vance didn’t have a say on any of those picks. He most certainly did. Keim did pick Murphy, Baker, JT, Golden, Gardeck & they’ve worked out fine. Guys like Wilson, Cam Thomas, Sanders, Lawrence, etc need to be developed faster than what VJ has done to date. VJ was primarily hired because of his HC experience to help out KK. He’s failed miserably though as a DC because his system takes too long to digest.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I guess if Keim is gone, then out of nowhere Vance becomes a great DC? I think not. And do we really know that Simmons, Collins & our defensive picks from the last draft are washouts?? I think not. And don’t think for a second that Vance didn’t have a say on any of those picks. He most certainly did. Keim did pick Murphy, Baker, JT, Golden, Gardeck & they’ve worked out fine. Guys like Wilson, Cam Thomas, Sanders, Lawrence, etc need to be developed faster than what VJ has done to date. VJ was primarily hired because of his HC experience to help out KK. He’s failed miserably though as a DC because his system takes too long to digest.
I never said this so don't put stupid projections into my argument. But thinking that anything changes when Keim can pick another terrible coordinator and stick them with terrible defense talent at the most important positions is the definition of insanity.

and give me a break on the VJ primarily picked because of HC experience. He was a BAD head coach and a mediocre DC. And maybe, just maybe if Keim hadn't picked a...

forget it. you're right. fire Vance and I'm sure this time Keim will magically find the right coordinator even though he's failed miserably in doing so since Arians left.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

There is no measure that supports the contention that VJ has 'failed miserably' at his job.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted Lamb at the time, but was excited by the potential of Simmons.

Exactly. He was the guy we needed. A fast LB that could blitz and finally have someone who could cover TEs. There was no bigger need on the team at the time.
I wanted either Lamb or Simmons at the time. He fit a huge hole on D on paper.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wanted Lamb at the time, but was excited by the potential of Simmons.
Exactly. He was the guy we needed. A fast LB that could blitz and finally have someone who could cover TEs. There was no bigger need on the team at the time.
Neither Juedy nor Lamb impressed then. My list for the Cardinals at 2020 draft was Okudah, Simmons, Andrew Thomas, and Wirfs. I too was so intrigued by what we can do with Simmons. I thought he will be our Urlacher.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I wanted Simmons. I knew his instincts were a question mark, but his size and speed and production were exciting potential. I still think he has a chance to be good but time isn’t on his side.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I never said this so don't put stupid projections into my argument. But thinking that anything changes when Keim can pick another terrible coordinator and stick them with terrible defense talent at the most important positions is the definition of insanity.

and give me a break on the VJ primarily picked because of HC experience. He was a BAD head coach and a mediocre DC. And maybe, just maybe if Keim hadn't picked a...

forget it. you're right. fire Vance and I'm sure this time Keim will magically find the right coordinator even though he's failed miserably in doing so since Arians left.
At this point, I really don't care if they fire Keim or not. But, VJ MUST go. Your argument is that if we don't fire Keim, he can't be trusted to hire a good DC. He did hire BA & Bowles didn't he? I've been a Cardinal fan for almost 60 years & has a Bidwill ever hired a good GM? You may call it a low bar, and it is, but Keim is the best GM we've had in our lifetimes. So, if Keim has to go, do you trust that Michael will hire a decent GM? Sadly, I would say there's a greater likelihood that Keim brings in a good DC than Michael bringing in a good GM. Silly argument because MB owes Keim & KK too much money, so they won't be going anywhere any time soon. Not the case with VJ.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose