Chandler Jones to the Raiders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do like Reddick. However I think Reddick has some bad blood with respect to the Cardinals and they probably weren't on his list.

We will never know because our GM didn't create cap room until the off season was over. I was just answering what I would have done.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We will never know because our GM didn't create cap room until the off season was over. I was just answering what I would have done.
You can throw Von Miller and Melvin Ingram on that list as well. Or they could have gotten someone on the line like Akeem Hicks who can give push up the middle the way he has for Tampa.

There was actually a ROBUST market for edge rushers this year in FA for the first time I’ve really ever seen.

And we did nothing except draft mid round developmental rookies.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You think Keim made the right call by basically ignoring the need?
I don't think he thinks he ignored it. Kiem to me will alway be a slightly below average GM. He hits on a decent amount of FA Home Runs, but swing and miss on too many draft picks. He thought two amazingly average on their best day players along with some raw rookies would cut it.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I don't think he thinks he ignored it
Adding late round rookies is basically ignoring it. What did they do to replace Jones and his productivity?

. Kiem to me will alway be a slightly below average GM.
No, he's awful. Bad at drafting, bad in FA, bad in player relations. One of the worst GM's in the NFL, with the track record of failure to back it.
He hits on a decent amount of FA Home Runs,
name them.
but swing and miss on too many draft picks.
too many? Like almost all of them?
He thought two amazingly average on their best day players along with some raw rookies would cut it.
Bad GM.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adding late round rookies is basically ignoring it. What did they do to replace Jones and his productivity?

No, he's awful. Bad at drafting, bad in FA, bad in player relations. One of the worst GM's in the NFL, with the track record of failure to back it.

name them.

too many? Like almost all of them?

Bad GM.
Your bias for him is shining through.

RB James Conner
QB Colt McCoy
TE Maxx Williams
LS Aaron Brewer
RT Kelvin Beachum
RG Will Hernandez

These are just 6 players off the top of my head that were all cheap FA signings that are currently on the team. You can go back and there are plenty more.

Again, I called him slightly below average not average or even great. 10 of our 11 defensive starts were drafted by the team. 9 of 11 if you don't count Golden.

Offense is another story with only 3 of 11. Overall that 13 of 22. Which is more than half of our starters. So he has made some draft picks that have stuck and are contributing.

Let's not forget that the Raiders missed in 3 first round picks in a single draft. Note that's a terrible GM.

With all that being said, I'd like a new GM, but it could he much worse.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

RB James Conner
QB Colt McCoy
TE Maxx Williams
LS Aaron Brewer
RT Kelvin Beachum
RG Will Hernandez
Free agent home runs?

Conner - nice piece, overpaid. not a home run
Colt - average backup QB
Maxx - nice guy, average player
Aaron Brewer - lol, wut
Kelvin Beachum - nice guy, average player
Will Hernandez - huh?

These ain't home runs.
These are just 6 players off the top of my head that were all cheap FA signings that are currently on the team. You can go back and there are plenty more.
Yeah, they're ok players, nothing more. They sure as hell aren't home runs.
Again, I called him slightly below average not average or even great. 10 of our 11 defensive starts were drafted by the team. 9 of 11 if you don't count Golden.
That would be super if our D were any good.
Let's not forget that the Raiders missed in 3 first round picks in a single draft. Note that's a terrible GM.
Keim and the Raiders GM both can be awful!
I don't know how. His track record of failure means almost anyone will be better.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Free agent home runs?

Conner - nice piece, overpaid. not a home run
Colt - average backup QB
Maxx - nice guy, average player
Aaron Brewer - lol, wut
Kelvin Beachum - nice guy, average player
- huh?

These ain't home runs.

Yeah, they're ok players, nothing more. They sure as hell aren't home runs.

That would be super if our D were any good.

Keim and the Raiders GM both can be awful!

I don't know how. His track record of failure means almost anyone will be better.
Yes, for the FA price, they are all HRs, well, Hernandezis looking like a bargain early.

Connor one signed a 1 year $4 million deal and outplayed that last year.

Colt has been amazing as a back up and went 2-1 last year at $1.2 million

Maxx was signed for under a million in FA.

Arron Brewer was found on a crap heap and signed for $500k. Prior to him and after Leach we had to the most bad snaps on ST. He's been money since.

Kelvin Beachum signed for $1.1 million and started 16 games at RT in 2020, didn't miss a snap and had 2 holding calls.

Will Hernandez signed for $1.1 million and looked really good yesterday.

Aside from our ILB, which defensive draft picks are garage? Buddha? Thompson? Murphy? Wilson is even has shown flashes. And Collins is looking like he can play. The biggest miss seems to be Simmons and he was the pick everyone loved.

Last edited:

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Three mid round draft picks… playing for a DC who doesn’t play rookies and were all deemed as projects. And have made ZERO impact so far, if they’re even active on the roster.

Great plan to replace pass rush this season.
This. Waiting until the 3rd round is not addressing the situation.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
At this point? JPP is sitting at home.

Back when we could have created cap room? Reddick is the obvious choice but also Randy Gregory.
I love when people ask that question when 1) we have no idea who could’ve been available - how many times are we shocked by a trade? and 2) we aren’t GMs so we also aren’t privy to negotiations, so it’s a nonsense question.

What we do know is that there weren’t ZERO players available.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

RB James Conner
QB Colt McCoy
TE Maxx Williams
LS Aaron Brewer
RT Kelvin Beachum
RG Will Hernandez

Offense is another story with only 3 of 11. Overall that 13 of 22. Which is more than half of our starters. So he has made some draft picks that have stuck and are contributing.

I’m sorry, but that list is a funny list to tout a GM’s free agent prowess.

Overpaid RB
Backup QB
Long snapper
Oft injured second-third tier TE
Average and journeyman linemen

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I do not mind letting Chandler find some cash, in principle we owe him that... but not paying him was the right choice and he does not have the longevity of a Freeney or a Campbell

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m sorry, but that list is a funny list to tout a GM’s free agent prowess.

Overpaid RB
Backup QB
Long snapper
Oft injured second-third tier TE
Average and journeyman linemen
Wow, Connor was over paid at $4 million last year? Maxx played all 16 teams his first session here and was a major bargin. Our LS was a major peice in solidifying ST when Kiem found him in the scrap heap. The year between him and Leach, we had the most FG attempts blocked. McCoy was the best back up last year and was one of the lowest paid. I already touted Beachum accomplishment when we was one of the lowest paid starting tackles in the league when we signed him.

All of these players way out played their initial contracts.

This is about FA signing, not current deals. Kiem had made great HR bargin free agent signings. He has a lot of warts, but this ain't it.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Three mid round draft picks… playing for a DC who doesn’t play rookies and were all deemed as projects. And have made ZERO impact so far, if they’re even active on the roster.

Great plan to replace pass rush this season.
Then fire the damn DC if he can’t get production from rookies. The better teams have rookies making contributions.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say “everyone” lol
Actually, I take back saying I was wrong

That is the most unified I've ever seen this board on a 1st rounder! It's exactly as I remember. Even those that said he wasn't their pick were still happy. To your credit, you and @Chopper0080 were the only vocal ones against it.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, I take back saying I was wrong

That is the most unified I've ever seen this board on a 1st rounder! It's exactly as I remember. Even those that said he wasn't their pick were still happy.

Yea pretty much every expert and nearly every fan was happy with the pick…. VERY happy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose