Chandler Jones to the Raiders

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yes but surely plenty of cap space too.

I expect Keim will get the current holes sorted then work on extensions.
For whom?

DJ...?

Murphy is an obvious one.

Jalen Thompson? Nice player but another S.

Kyler of course.

Zach Allen.

That is the list of players on our roster who can be argued have earned an extension. A OT, CB, S, QB and DL.

Sad. You aren't extending Hudson, Watt, Pugh or Beachum. Or at least they would be really odd choices. Markus Golden?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For whom?

DJ...?

Murphy is an obvious one.

Jalen Thompson? Nice player but another S.

Kyler of course.

Zach Allen.

That is the list of players on our roster who can be argued have earned an extension. A OT, CB, S, QB and DL.

Sad. You aren't extending Hudson, Watt, Pugh or Beachum. Or at least they would be really odd choices. Markus Golden?

Why not extend Hudson? Yes, he will be 34 next year but there have been plenty of 34 year old starting centers.

Kelce is 35 this year. Alex Mack is playing at 36, will be 37 in season. If Hudson is still playing well and not missing games I have no problem giving him another year.

Same with Pugh. If Pugh plays to a similar level this year I have no issue extending him. As long as we draft someone this year to take over from either Pugh or Hudson.

Prater same at 39 for a kicker.

D.Thompson will be extended for depth no doubt.

Maxx likely back if his leg holds up this year.

Offensively would look like this

Hopkins, Moore, TBD

Ertz, Williams

Hump, Pugh, Hudson, 2022 Draft pick, Josh Jones

Kyler

Conner, TBD, Eno

What's the argument here anyway? This season fans are complaining we are re-signing our own guys and not bringing in new blood and at the same time you're complaining we won't be re-signing enough guys next year and will have to bring in new blood?

D line needs some work though no doubt. Golden might stay as rotation piece but Watt likely done. Looks bare.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
For context, we have 18 players under contract for 2023 and that is counting David Wells and Nolan Cooney. Our roster is pretty ****** moving forward. A lot of RBs, Ss and ILBs. Not a lot of OL, EDGE, WRs, CBs and DL.
I've been hammering this point for a long time now. Keim's poor drafting is ensuring we have very little continuity, and a dearth of young talent. It's really tough to be optimistic.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Why not extend Hudson? Yes, he will be 34 next year but there have been plenty of 34 year old starting centers.

Kelce is 35 this year. Alex Mack is playing at 36, will be 37 in season. If Hudson is still playing well and not missing games I have no problem giving him another year.

Same with Pugh. If Pugh plays to a similar level this year I have no issue extending him. As long as we draft someone this year to take over from either Pugh or Hudson.

Prater same at 39 for a kicker.

D.Thompson will be extended for depth no doubt.

Maxx likely back if his leg holds up this year.

Offensively would look like this

Hopkins, Moore, TBD

Ertz, Williams

Hump, Pugh, Hudson, 2022 Draft pick, Josh Jones

Kyler

Conner, TBD, Eno

What's the argument here anyway? This season fans are complaining we are re-signing our own guys and not bringing in new blood and at the same time you're complaining we won't be re-signing enough guys next year and will have to bring in new blood?

D line needs some work though no doubt. Golden might stay as rotation piece but Watt likely done. Looks bare.
If you don't see the problem with the current roster, the future roster, and the impact of our lack of moves, I can't help you. It is all laid out for you.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I hope ARZ gets Sam Williams in draft. I know ARZ scouted multiple OLE MISS games this year and I think he was the reason. There aren't any FA pass rushers that are going to be on replacement level for Jones so unless there is a trade coming we are putting all our eggs in draft basket.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope ARZ gets Sam Williams in draft. I know ARZ scouted multiple OLE MISS games this year and I think he was the reason. There aren't any FA pass rushers that are going to be on replacement level for Jones so unless there is a trade coming we are putting all our eggs in draft basket.
You probably want to check Sam Williams’ background.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You probably want to check Sam Williams’ background.
If you're referring to his legal trouble, I know. He kept his nose clean since then and charges were dropped. I mean a guy facing 22 civil suits for sex crimes just got paid $230M.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you're referring to his legal trouble, I know. He kept his nose clean since then and charges were dropped. I mean a guy facing 22 civil suits for sex crimes just got paid $230M.
I think Watson is an entirely different situation, but I think you’re right actually, especially after the Gladney acquisition.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Enlighten us
Lack of youth at key positions.

Cost cutting when the QB is still on the rookie contract.

Lack of talent at key positions.

Lack of continuity.

Inability to draft.

Multiple players who are being paid above their production.

Lack of players signed beyond next season.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think Watson is an entirely different situation, but I think you’re right actually, especially after the Gladney acquisition.
I understand with Mike B's background as a lawyer that it may be ironic to sign guys with scrapes with the law but these guys are choir boys compared to Greg Hardy. I don't think Gladney or Williams is completely absolved despite charges being dropped but as long as there isn't a pattern or repeated history you have to sometimes give benefit of the doubt.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not trading him last year was dumb by Keim. He should have either extended him then or traded him. You don't let contracts wind down on good pass rushers.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Not trading him last year was dumb by Keim. He should have either extended him then or traded him. You don't let contracts wind down on good pass rushers.
Disagree.
Keim played that one exactly right.
Jones was having a totally non productive **** year, then got injured and missed the rest of the 2020 season...
He starts 2021 like a boss with the best game of his career then proceeds to basically disappear for a month...
At neither point would chandler Jones have drawn greater compensation than the compensatory pick we will get for him signing elsewhere.
At the 2021 trade deadline dude had what? 6 sacks in the past two seasons combined?
He got some hurries and such but he wasn't closing the deal anymore...you want 8 or 10 sacks with a dozen hurries you pay Marcus Golden 8mil...you don't pay Chan Jones 18

He will see lots of single coverage playing across from crosby....Crosby.... I'll honestly be very surprised if he gets 12 sacks with all that single coverage
Guessing more like 7

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose