Nice mock on NFL.com

#8 WR Rome Odunze
#23 Edge Laiatu Latu
#27 CB Nate Wiggins
#35 OG Cooper Beebe
#66 RB Jaylen Wright
#104 DT Mekhi Wingo
#129 WR Brendon Rice
That's a real good draft. 4 potential starters, and a RB who could possibly be one down the road.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That's a real good draft. 4 potential starters, and a RB who could possibly be one down the road.
If you do that you’re being lured by the “what could happen” not the “what’s likely to happen.” All for the whopping payout of a single first round pick and swapping DOWNWARD later in the draft. Fools gold imo.you could miss out on all three wrs, top passrushers and end up with pupu platter of mid.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If you do that you’re being lured by the “what could happen” not the “what’s likely to happen.” All for the whopping payout of a single first round pick and swapping DOWNWARD later in the draft. Fools gold imo.you could miss out on all three wrs, top passrushers and end up with pupu platter of mid.
Latu is probably the best pass rusher in the draft and it's not even close.

I'm not advocating this approach, mind you. This is all academic and fun to discuss.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Latu is probably the best pass rusher in the draft and it's not even close.

I'm not advocating this approach, mind you. This is all academic and fun to discuss.
And I think counting on him being there at 23 is unlikely. That’s my point. You would be HOPING odunze is there at 8. Hoping latu is there at 23. Those aren’t “probablys” they’re “unlikelys.”

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Titans really don't need a WR so they are okay with trading back. Cards have their 3rd pick because of a trade last year. Monti was in their FO before coming to the Cards so obviously he has an excellent relationship with them. Cards trade picks 11, 71 and 104 for pick #7.
Cards select Odunze which some believe is a better fit for the Cards and Kyler.

Not that it matter much in this regard, Cardiac, but the Titans got a new general manager right after Ossenfort signed with the Cardinals, and Carthon has changed the entire front office (kind of like Ossenfort has here), so I don't know how great of a relationship he actually have with them.

Great post, by the way!

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
Problem with drafting for a future first rounder is that it’s a crap shoot at best. Before last year’s season, folks were speculating Cardinals would be drafting No. 1 and No. 2 in this draft. But Houston took the draft capital Cards sent their way and turned those players into a very good team. Thus the expected No. 2 pick for the Cards ended up being 28. No way would I trade out of No. 4 with a generational wide receiver awaiting — and wanting — to become a Cardinal.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
To be fair, you would be majorly pissed with pretty much any outcome.
Not so, and that's grossly unfair. Standard for this board, though, remembering the negative and not the positive. I won't rehash the times I was ecstatic and giving all kinds of kudos for our picks, because it isn't worth my time.

Mark22

VBhoopcoach
Reaction score
Yeah I don't agree with you on this.

Everyone is reporting the first 3 teams are not open for business. If Monti really wanted MHJ above all else he would not be nearly as open publicly to the idea, he would say something like sure we will take calls but it would have to blow us away. He's not saying it like that, he's basically indicating he is very open to the idea which suggests to me he does not see a prospect he is in love with.

People don't want to believe that because so many seem to be in love with MHJ the prospect and think anybody else has to see him the same way they do.
I don’t believe anything Gms say this time of year. Literally nothing!

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

How many times in history has someone with amazing talent say he wants to be a cardinal? Draft this man!
At this moment every single non QB in the draft "wants" to be an arizona Cardinal. That #4 pick is attached to the highest possible guaranteed money they can get out of the draft.
You honestly don't think they all want to be the first non QB off the board?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i think the difference between picks 4 and 5 is a million dollars over the life of the contract

given the Chargers are in California, the taxes probably whack another $2.75 mm

so for lets say $3mm in after tax, i would say i wanted to be a Cardinal as well

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson