CBS Projecting Murray Trade

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
The whole trading back one spot thing didn't happen in 2023 and I don't see it happening in 2024 - at least not with us - sitting at pick #2 or #3

If we trade back it'll likely be multiple spots and MHJ will likely be long gone
Different situation this year with one of the top qbs on the board when we pick (assuming we stay top 2). There are qb needy teams right behind us that make it a possibility.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
While this is true, PJ said it’s lucky to hit on later round picks while not having that same feeling for a top 3 pick even though it’s luck for that as well. Chris laid out all of the QBs best stats this season with 2 out of the 4 on different teams & 1 of them is starting to become questioned(Lawrence).
Actually you said it is luck no matter if it is a top pick or fourth round. I said I would rather take my chances with a top 3 pick. Not sure you will find anyone disagreeing with this. The discussion is ridiculous.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A couple of years? How many winning seasons did he author? How many good second half’s of seasons did he have? How many more seasons do you give him to prove to you he 100% does not have it?
He took a 2018 3 win team and in a 3 year window finished with 11
He played bad in the only play-off game vs a phenomenal defense
I m disappointed too on his last 15 games but i still hope he can go back at his pro Bowl level season
At least we can give him Just another season to prove It, hopefully surrounded by better players

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

If Murray sucks in TWO… MORE YEARS?! You’re going to give him FOUR STRAIGHT YEARS OF SUCKING before actually moving on?

Only a fan of a team who’s been beaten into complete submission by ownership have expectations that laughably low.

If Murray sucks… AGAIN… NEXT YEAR, why in the hell would we keep trotting out the most important player on the team… who has sucked for THREE STRAIGHT YEARS?!?

You must be registered for see images attach
You're not crazy, Cheese. Well, not crazy about this :)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For two years? If he doesn't definitively show he's the guy next year, how could we possibly justify bringing him back yet again? I mean, there are posters here who will move the goal posts to defend him, no doubt, but surely Monti would be wiser than that.
I think circumstances as they are we are forced to go with Kyler. However, from what I’ve read here in 2025 it will be easier.
I don’t have to much hope Kyler will suddenly “develop” in 2024. However, if we add a couple receivers…REAL receivers and maybe a guard it will remove all excuses for him and all the Kyler apologists.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps the most logical road for MO to take( just an observation) would be to trade out for a goldmine of picks this year and next. If Kyler works out , great. If we end up in purgatory( 6-7 wins) we could move up by trading picks for a qb.
However, this road means another year of waiting to develop a qb with the hope that qb blossoms a little early like Stroud.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
How does the QB class for 2025 draft stack up to the guys in the 2024 draft at this point?

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It just makes sense to give KM next year to show who he is. A full off-season to work on his craft and the new to him offense instead of rehabilating his knee.
I'd give him until the back half of the season to look like a franchise quarterback.
So my plan would be to trade back at least once in this year's draft acquiring 1st rd picks in 2025. This gives us more than enough ammo to trade up for a QB if KM doesn't work out.
MHJ isn't turning this franchise around by himself and there are many holes to be filled.
Harry posted what could be a historical draft for this franchise and that's my dream.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Can the team restructure Murray's contract to lessen the cap hit and increase the trade value? I do understand that Murray would have to agree to it. The question is it possible or not.
The only way to do that is lengthen the years and guarantee more long term money

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
FWIW....I watched a video the other day with a bunch of the NFL "experts" saying they had asked FO's around the league to rate Williams and Maye as prospects compared to the last 4 draft classes....meaning rank them in a list including all the QB's from 2021, 22, 23, and 24. The final list had Trevor Lawrence at #1, Maye at #2 and Williams at #3...with 2 and 3 being very close.

Obviously its just projection, but Maye in absolutely considered to be a franchise QB and one of the best prospects in quite a while. He is also by all accounts a great kid on and off the field.
There are several unsure about Maye. He is not a slam dunk.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It just makes sense to give KM next year to show who he is. A full off-season to work on his craft and the new to him offense instead of rehabilating his knee.
I'd give him until the back half of the season to look like a franchise quarterback.
So my plan would be to trade back at least once in this year's draft acquiring 1st rd picks in 2025. This gives us more than enough ammo to trade up for a QB if KM doesn't work out.
MHJ isn't turning this franchise around by himself and there are many holes to be filled.
Harry posted what could be a historical draft for this franchise and that's my dream.
I would hate for us to change how we draft because of doubts about KM.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would hate for us to change how we draft because of doubts about KM.
That's what you got from my post?
Let's say Monti is all in on KM and knows he will be our quarterback for many years to come.
I would still want us to trade back and accumulate as many draft picks as possible and ensuring we get 2025 1st rd picks. We already have plenty of 2024 picks and would get even more with trading back.
Soooo many holes on this roster.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's what you got from my post?
Let's say Monti is all in on KM and knows he will be our quarterback for many years to come.
I would still want us to trade back and accumulate as many draft picks as possible and ensuring we get 2025 1st rd picks. We already have plenty of 2024 picks and would get even more with trading back.
Soooo many holes on this roster.
Well you said “This gives us more than enough ammo to trade up if KM doesn’t work out” So yes.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well you said “This gives us more than enough ammo to trade up if KM doesn’t work out” So yes.
That would be plan B. Since my post started off talking about KM I was showing one of the merits of trading back in this years draft.

Having contingency plans is smart IMHO.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Oh, right, so he's going to be that guy again. When is that going to happen? We keep being told it's going to happen, but when will it actually happen?

I know you're purposefully playing the smart ass, but put your money where your mouth is. Go drop a grand on KM to win 11 games and make the playoffs next year.

I didn't think so.
I think if you gave Murray a team as good as 2021s team, he could do it again.

He's just not going to make average receivers better like the true elite QBs.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
There are several unsure about Maye. He is not a slam dunk.
What are the knocks on him? He has a great arm, great accuracy, plus athleticism and mobility, and he seems to be an awesome kid on and off the field. He was the best QB in the country last year and we still pretty great this year without a lot of NFL talent around him...certainly on offense.

There is a night a day difference between himself and Williams in terms of physical traits and personality...and maye is way ahead in both.

The only knock would be only starting 2 years in the ACC...but he has a better resume that Daniels, and Williams folded against every good team he faced and cried.

I'd take Maye for sure. I have zero doubt he's going to be a top 10 QB. At worst he's a mobile Kirk Cousins...at best he's a more accurate Josh Allen.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maye will have a solid/good career if he goes to Chicago.

Maye’s career will be over before it began if he goes to New England.

Maye will have an average career if he goes to Washington. This one is a little bit more unpredictable with me.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think if you gave Murray a team as good as 2021s team, he could do it again.

He's just not going to make average receivers better like the true elite QBs.
Is Mahomes really making his average WRs better?

Very few QBs can make their average WRs look like semi-stars (Peyton Manning (he made Brandon Stokely a 1,000yd wr, amongst a few others), Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers. Don’t think I’ve seen too many others do so period. Would love to hear more names and comparison outside of this..

At the end of the day, in this era of football there aren’t QBs elevating their poor WR cast to even semi-elite.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wrote my post before I read your post… would love to hear the list as well
Guess someone will come up with Lamar Jackson name
But he has always played with elite defense and offensely they didnt need to put great numbers to win games
Lamar btw Is the best dual threat qb ever and could compensate even a very average receiving unit

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson