Catanzaro OK?

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Is our young kicker healthy? Last two possesions we could put this game on ice, but we have punted. 52 and 54 yards is a makable kick for a guy who routinely kicks off out of the end zone.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm thinking the D was playing good enough BA didnt want to give up field position.

Yep. Why put the game on a rookie kickers shoulders when the D only gave up 6 points to their offense. This D is disgustingly good. Make them drive the length of the field and try a TD and two point conversion to tie. Good call IMO.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not hard to imagine what would be said if he missed and Detroit turned good field position into a TD.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Giving up less than 18 pts/per game...the right call by BA instead of giving them a short field! Way to go coach:D

Last edited:

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yep. Why put the game on a rookie kickers shoulders when the D only gave up 6 points to their offense. This D is disgustingly good. Make them drive the length of the field and try a TD and two point conversion to tie. Good call IMO.

Because he's shown absolutely no reason not to? :shrug:

I'm more concerned with BA's ability to switch up the run game.. What did we have? Like 20 carries for 1 or less yards up the gut?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Darren Urban ‏@Cardschatter
Arians said he would have tried a field goal inside 50 yards late but with DET XP pressure earlier, decided to lean on defense.

Austin Zonie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Arians said he would have tried a field goal inside 50 yards late but with DET XP pressure earlier, decided to lean on defense.

That's interesting. Thanks for sharing. I guess the trajectory is a little lower on a 53 yard attempt compared to a 45 yard attempt. It would be interesting to know what the historical stats are.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Because he's shown absolutely no reason not to? :shrug:

I'm more concerned with BA's ability to switch up the run game.. What did we have? Like 20 carries for 1 or less yards up the gut?

A lot of that is on Ellington, who again went down on several runs when either nobody touched him, or he was minimally hit.. That said, the guys should not be getting the amount of carries he's getting this season. He is starting to break down as a result...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

That explains it then.. I must have missed the Xp pressure.

A lot of that is on Ellington, who again went down on several runs when either nobody touched him, or he was minimally hit.. That said, the guys should not be getting the amount of carries he's getting this season. He is starting to break down as a result...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree Ellington wasn't himself, but even if healthy... The middle is the last place I'm trying to ram the ball on that front 4.

Seems like the edge was a better spot to hit in that game, we had a nice screen too, would have liked to see a few more.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet it helped not kicking a FG being up by 8. If it were a 6 pt or less lead, he goes for one there. IMO

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn