Cards Sign Paris Lenon

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
special teams guy, does nothing for me...

Is this supposed to make up for Foote?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Meh...big deal...

Yet, you are extremely angry that the Cardinals didn't sign Larry Foote ? Which doesn't make much sense.

Foote is no better or worse than Lenon. Both are about the same, age, height, wieght.

I don't get it.

Nice depth signing for the Cardinals, IMO. I still think they will visit with some more ILB'ers tho. Since the position is so thin depth wise.

OP
OP
dogpoo32

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Yet, you are extremely angry that the Cardinals didn't sign Larry Foote ? Which doesn't make much sense.

Foote is no better or worse than Lenon. Both are about the same, age, height, wieght.

I don't get it.

Nice depth signing for the Cardinals, IMO. I still think they will visit with some more ILB'ers tho. Since the position is so thin depth wise.

Yeah I think this is a case of somethings better than nothing.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Starter vs. Special teams/depth guy: that is why Im upset.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't get it.

ugh. how did I know we'd sign this guy instead of Foote. And Rugby, come on, Foote is better than Lennon. Dude's older, and got demoted on the freaking Rams.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Backup WILB and special teamer, he improves our depth a bit. I like the signing. For everyone who wanted Foote, the guy isn't good and should not be starting on our defense.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
ugh. how did I know we'd sign this guy instead of Foote. And Rugby, come on, Foote is better than Lennon. Dude's older, and got demoted on the freaking Rams.

Foote got demoted by the frickin' Lions, how is that any better. DeAndre Levy is apparently good enough to let Foote walk.
http://detnews.com/article/20100204...rated-Larry-Foote-will-test-free-agent-market

But seriously, what ever. I'll agree. Foote is better the Lenon.

Great! We have established that Lenon is very basic NFL talent, and Foote is a little bit better then very basic NFL talent.

Lamenting over not signing Larry Foote is ridiculous.

Might I add that I think the Cardinals will bring in another ILB.

Akin Ayodele, maybe Andra Davis.

And maybe between Lenon, Ayodele, Foote, and Davis, Andra Davis MIGHT be the best talent, but not by much that is for sure.

We have been, and officially are rummaging through the bargin bin of linebackers.

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i dont understand..for a 33 years old average linabacker 3 years of contract

Last edited:

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i dont understand..for a 33 years old 3 years of contract

Lenon or Foote, doesn't matter because neither will see year 3 of their contracts. Foote only received a signing bonus of ~ 1.8 mill which the Steelers will gladly eat next year if they want cut Foote.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Or it's possible that the Lenon and Foote situations aren't related. Just because we signed this guy doesn't mean we chose him over Foote. Just because they play the same position doesn't mean the team looks at them to fill the same role.

Last edited:

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Also, Foote gets paid about 4 million in year one. That's essentially guaranteed money.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or it's possibly that the Lenon and Foote situation aren't related. Just because we signed this guy doesn't mean we chose him over Foote. Just because they play the same position doesn't mean the team looks at them to fill the same role.

Halleluja! Thank you!

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
so at moment we have just back up middle linabacker...i dont see a true starter on our roster in this position..so we can just hope to address it in the draft ...wheaterspoon navorro bowman and norwood i hope we will pick this 3 guys

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
so at moment we have just back up middle linabacker...i dont see a true starter on our roster in this position..so we can just hope to address it in the draft ...wheaterspoon navorro bowman and norwood i hope we gat this 3 guys
Gerald Hayes is a starting ILB.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Or it's possible that the Lenon and Foote situations aren't related. Just because we signed this guy doesn't mean we chose him over Foote. Just because they play the same position doesn't mean the team looks at them to fill the same role.

And just because it happened just after the Foote signing was announced doesn't mean.........oh wait. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

I'm not upset by the "loss" of Foote nor the signing of the marxist I just think he was plan B or C. That plan may have already included shoring up the O-line in FA to take that potential need away during the draft. If Whitehurst is signed then another need is taken away in the draft. With Lenon we won't need to draft 2 ILB's so another need semi addressed.

As Crazy Canadian would say, "We aren't privy to the plan".

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn