Cards sign OL Hjalte Froholdt

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

For those who value the opinion of PFF, Froholdt has not been great, although his overall score is significantly higher than Wilkinson. Continuing to start Wilkinson is verging on coaching malpractice at this point.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Froholdt has been solid and could be part of the team long term if he keeps it up.

Next year they can find a LG in FA and possibly draft a tackle high. I think the Cardinals OL could be pretty good.
This would be my dream scenario. A young good offensive line that stays intact.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
So our Center gets a false start penalty (not a typo) killing a crucial drive late in a tight game - allowing the Giants to come back and ultimately beat us - but we got folks thinking he's some COTF?? Yall too much
Thinking that 1 false start caused the loss is just not good thinking.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

For those who value the opinion of PFF, Froholdt has not been great, although his overall score is significantly higher than Wilkinson. Continuing to start Wilkinson is verging on coaching malpractice at this point.
I said this last week, but Wilkinson is so bad, it could be contributing to DJ and Froholdt underperforming, too.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Did Gaines play any LG in college? I know he moved around their line a bit, would be nice if he could compete for that and/or the C job next year.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is a curious signing. On one hand he knows Drew Petzing’s system. However, he was a turnstile blocking inside rushers last season. I guess they’re thinking backup, but Murray better wear his track shoes when this guy plays. He’d fit the practice squad at best.
Harry, this is what I was referring to. :)

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Harry, this is what I was referring to. :)
Great memory, long forgotten by me. 4 QB pressures in 2 weeks aren’t exactly a turnstile, but it’s not good. I’m still worried about blocking calls. I’d agree Wilkinson being totally inept isn’t helping.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great memory, long forgotten by me. 4 QB pressures in 2 weeks aren’t exactly a turnstile, but it’s not good. I’m still worried about blocking calls. I’d agree Wilkinson being totally inept isn’t helping.

He's faced two of the best NT's in the league to start the season in Jon Allen and Dexter Lawrence.

Kits

Reaction score
He's faced two of the best NT's in the league to start the season in Jon Allen and Dexter Lawrence.

True and there is every reason to believe that he will get better from week to week. I don't think Froholdt's been as bad as some people say in the first two games and he is definitely not the reason why we seem to be struggling with consistency during the games.

Reaction score
True and there is every reason to believe that he will get better from week to week. I don't think Froholdt's been as bad as some people say in the first two games and he is definitely not the reason why we seem to be struggling with consistency during the games.
Welcome to the board! I'll take a ribeye medium rare, baked potato with butter, & an ice cold Bud Light!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
welcome!

I will also take a medium rare ribeye.. boneless, loaded baked potato with some steamed broccoli. Throw in an icy cola......

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Welcome to the board!

I will have a ribeye Pittsburgh style, wedge salad, potatoes au gratin, and a bottle of Caymus Cab.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Agree and Welcome! You've found the best Cardinals board in the universe!

You must be registered for see images

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard