Cards sign OL Hjalte Froholdt

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Just bumping this threat.

Haven't seen much on him on the board, while there is a video of him going viral on twitter/X from the Denver game.

That is Zach Allen getting body slammed BTW

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hjalte Froholdt is READY for his first chance to be a full-time starter at center this season in Arizona. Whew <a href="https://t.co/0bHsphyDIA">pic.twitter.com/0bHsphyDIA</a></p>&mdash; Brandon Thorn (@BrandonThornNFL) <a href="
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
">August 12, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is a curious signing. On one hand he knows Drew Petzing’s system. However, he was a turnstile blocking inside rushers last season. I guess they’re thinking backup, but Murray better wear his track shoes when this guy plays. He’d fit the practice squad at best.
Harry, after two PS games, have you changed your opinion about Froholdt?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the above video, it looked like the pass rusher got by Paris Johnson. Lucky to get that pass away.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I focused on Froholdt in the first half and saw the same thing. He was very solid. Didn't watch him in the second half so don't know how he finished up, but he was more than serviceable for the first two quarters. We may have found a center despite Harry stating that he wasn't an NFL center.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I focused on Froholdt in the first half and saw the same thing. He was very solid. Didn't watch him in the second half so don't know how he finished up, but he was more than serviceable for the first two quarters. We may have found a center despite Harry stating that he wasn't an NFL center.
Also, remember the word turnstyle. :)

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
So our Center gets a false start penalty (not a typo) killing a crucial drive late in a tight game - allowing the Giants to come bac
How about a little perspective here. One penalty in two games is not reason to denigrate an offensive linemen when the balance of his play has been good. Even the great ones have an occasional penalty. I'm not saying Froholdt is a great one, but it's really absurd to throw shade on him at this point after two games.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
How about a little perspective here. One penalty in two games is not reason to denigrate an offensive linemen when the balance of his play has been good. Even the great ones have an occasional penalty. I'm not saying Froholdt is a great one, but it's really absurd to throw shade on him at this point after two games.
One penalty in two games makes Froholdt the second most penalized Center in the league

And I get that false starts happen - but by Centers? Come on man

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Got your facts wrong. Also, he definitely deserves shade, as well as some credit, mainly early in games. He seems to do worse as the game goes on, however, which is a concern. With the way he's playing, keeping him as a backup seems a likely outcome. Which is good, because we'll need depth moving forward when--if--we get good.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Also, remember the word turnstyle. :)
Actually I used the word “turnstile“ referring to Hernandez play in week 1. He was much better in week 2. Perhaps he played injured the first week. My recap briefly covers this when I finish it. Froholdt played better but not special. His run blocking was better. His pass protection was erratic. Some plays good, others less so. I’m not sure he’s making the blocking adjustment calls, but I can’t think of who else could be. If so the inexperience shows. He was better in the first half, but the Giants played that half like the Walking Dead. I’m not certain how much comfort we can draw from his apparent improvement in those plays. The second half was weaker in all aspects, especially the last 2 series, but he had lots of company. The next couple of games should provide a real test. I still retain doubts he’s an NFL Center.

Harry

Reaction score
One penalty in two games makes Froholdt the second most penalized Center in the league

And I get that false starts happen - but by Centers? Come on man
Actually he was also penalized for a quick snap in the Giants game.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So our Center gets a false start penalty (not a typo) killing a crucial drive late in a tight game - allowing the Giants to come back and ultimately beat us - but we got folks thinking he's some COTF?? Yall too much
Technically he got a snap infraction, but I hear ya. This happens more often than you might think.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually he was also penalized for a quick snap in the Giants game.

He wasn't also penalised, he was only penalised.

He has 2 penalties through 2 games. The quick snap, and the man downfield last week. For a total of 10 yards.

That's as many as Laremy Tunsil and Ronnie Stanley. Although much less yards.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He has 2 penalties through 2 games. The quick snap, and the man downfield last week. For a total of 10 yards.

That one was absolute trash. He was what, 1/2 yard downfield?

Harry

Reaction score

I was referring to the combined results.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson