Cards sign Darrel Williams

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Conner was a pleasant surprise on a one year deal. Now that he's paid as a top back, he'll have to have equivalent numbers, or that Conner bargain will look like a mistake.
It's so weird that we took a really good Keim Time Signing and ended up giving him a silly contract in comparison to his production (he basically vultured a bunch of TDs Kyler would have rushed for).

Real shades of Jermaine Gresham here.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It's so weird that we took a really good Keim Time Signing and ended up giving him a silly contract in comparison to his production (he basically vultured a bunch of TDs Kyler would have rushed for).

Real shades of Jermaine Gresham here.
I hope not, but I won't discount that the Conner contract might be a big mistake.

Might have been smarter to sign Darel Williams and move on from Conner...

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dude picks up a blitz right?

We ain't had that around in a while.
Yeah, him as a 3rd down back and similar to Conner as a player will hopefully keep them healthier.

I want to see two back sets.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Agreed. I think Ward is safe. There are 4 backs competing for 2 spots and Ward is the only one that really plays ST's.

I would think Ward and Ingram if I had to put my money on it. Ingram has never played ST's either but his size plus the fact they drafted him I think will give him the edge.

Darrel Williams isn't a lock. He might not fit or the younger guys might outperform him. And vet min guys are easy to cut.
I frankly would take Eno over Ward since Ingram is a similar back and fits the status quo for your generic standard back... and yeah, having more physical traits than Ward when being recruited due to his potential ability (USC and UT are still major programs, meaning they have the money to warrant securing better talent for a reason)

Reaction score
Wondering why there has not yet been anything on the official Cardinals website on Darrell Williams signing?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
That said, it's hilarious that Brit and others are praising this signing when it may block both Eno Benjamin and Ingram from getting more snaps. If it's good for Zaven Collins, why isn't it good for Benjamin/Ingram?
Benjamin and Ingram were drafted with throwaway picks. Zaven doesn't have that luxury. I'm fine with a vet back on the cheap for competition.

I went back and looked at the equivalent Conner thread from a year ago. Plenty of people didn’t like that one at the time, including several with the same opinion on this signing. So there’s that.
Conner was signed before the draft, basically signaling we weren't going to take a rookie RB at any reasonable spot. Tell me, would you rather have Zaven Collins or Najee Harris/Javonte Williams right now?

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I frankly would take Eno over Ward since Ingram is a similar back and fits the status quo for your generic standard back... and yeah, having more physical traits than Ward when being recruited due to his potential ability (USC and UT are still major programs, meaning they have the money to warrant securing better talent for a reason)

Trying to see it from a team perspective which is often different priorities to ours. In this case, ST's are heavily weighted for those 2 backend of the depth chart backs.

Reactions: PJ1
OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm fine with this. His advanced stats were essentially the same as Chase Edmonds'. Running backs are ENTIRELY fungible, which is why spending money on James Conner seems so silly. We probably will/would have gotten the same production from Williams.

That said, it's hilarious that Brit and others are praising this signing when it may block both Eno Benjamin and Ingram from getting more snaps. If it's good for Zaven Collins, why isn't it good for Benjamin/Ingram?

I feel like you intentionally disengage your brain sometimes for the sake manufacturing an argument.

Firstly, where did I "praise" this signing beyond saying he's a solid depth piece?

Eno Benjamin is a 7th round pick who has played 95 snaps in 2 years. Keaontay Ingram is a 6th round pick who hasn't done anything. Both are long shot disposable picks that you don't want to be relying on to be RB2 going into camp and it's wise to have a proven vet. I even said in the last 2 days that at vet min WIlliams isn't a lock to make the 53 if Eno, Ward or Ingram show up in camp. But you don;t want to go into camp without a plan B if they don't.

Zaven Collins was the #16 overall pick losing snaps to a guys who's days were numbered.

I don't think that really needs explaining to someone of your experience. Sometimes you just like to act dumb to try make a point.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I feel like you intentionally disengage your brain sometimes for the sake manufacturing an argument.

Firstly, where did I "praise" this signing beyond saying he's a solid depth piece?

Eno Benjamin is a 7th round pick who has played 95 snaps in 2 years. Keaontay Ingram is a 6th round pick who hasn't done anything. Both are long shot disposable picks that you don't want to be relying on to be RB2 going into camp and it's wise to have a proven vet. I even said in the last 2 days that at vet min WIlliams isn't a lock to make the 53 if Eno, Ward or Ingram show up in camp. But you don;t want to go into camp without a plan B if they don't.

Zaven Collins was the #16 overall pick losing snaps to a guys who's days were numbered.

I don't think that really needs explaining to someone of your experience. Sometimes you just like to act dumb to try make a point.
You know, you could’ve made all those points without calling a respected poster dumb . . . twice. Nice touch both beginning and ending with that nicety though.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You clearly have not had good sauce. My wife’s homemade sauce and meatballs would bring you to your knees begging forgiveness for ever uttering such blasphemy.
Linda makes an amazing sauce. One that has about 6 or 7 different types of meat in it. Perfect for the carnivore in me.

The problem isn't the sauce, it's the pasta.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, you could’ve made all those points without calling a respected poster dumb . . . twice. Nice touch both beginning and ending with that nicety though.
Exactly. Knock it off Brit. You have been given quite a bit of latitude, but it is wearing thin.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Exactly. Knock it off Brit. You have been given quite a bit of latitude, but it is wearing thin.

I didn't call him dumb. I said he act's dumb sometimes. I know for a fact he isn't dumb which is why the question surprised me. He called me out by name so I responded.

I know that he knows the difference between the #16 overall pick and two late round running backs. So why try make that point? What do you want me to say? That it's an intelligent point?

And what latitude @dreamcastrocks? I haven't done a single thing.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't call him dumb. I said he act's dumb sometimes. I know for a fact he isn't dumb which is why the question surprised me. He called me out by name so I responded.

I know that he knows the difference between the #16 overall pick and two late round running backs. So why try make that point? What do you want me to say? That it's an intelligent point?

And what latitude @dreamcastrocks? I haven't done a single thing.

One of the statements is against the rules, and the other is skirting the line. Our rules are simple, debate the topic, NOT the poster.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave