Cards sign Darrel Williams

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I do as well and I find it comical how even decent signings around here get massive scrutiny.

He's signing to be a vet backup. He has a ton of experience.
well you know,...if he aint a pro bowler, future hall of famer.... he suxx and we could have done better. every other team in the league is just loaded with those kind of guys.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I actually do feel better about the OL in general this year considering the bodies we have to battle it out at Guard. 2 rookies that I've heard good things about, Hernandez, Murray is supposedly healthy now & also Josh Jones.
I don't. 2 late round picks that we can't count on--any even tiny contribution from them will just be a bonus. I don't want Jones anywhere near starting at OG. Murray's the same oft-injured player we've had previously. Hernandez is a hopeful project player. We have solidified nothing, but, hey, we threw some spaghetti at the wall!

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Conner will very likely miss some games this year, and he needs someone to share carries with anyway. Clearly the coaching staff doesn't see Eno as that guy, while Ingram is a complete unknown. Signing Williams for the vet minimum at this stage of the offseason is pretty fortunate if you ask me.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I don't. 2 late round picks that we can't count on--any even tiny contribution from them will just be a bonus. I don't want Jones anywhere near starting at OG. Murray's the same oft-injured player we've had previously. Hernandez is a hopeful project player. We have solidified nothing, but, hey, we threw some spaghetti at the wall!
Calling potential dog poop 'spaghetti' (at least you did not call it pasta) might put you on a mafia hit list, offending any Italians on this forum lol

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm not saying our OL is top 10 or anything lol but the Guard position needed attention & now we have 3 new bodies. As for how good they can become.........who knows? Yes the rookies are late rounders but that's exactly where many all pros through the years have been drafted. There's been many 1st round OL busts as well. Had the Cardinals not addressed the position at all I would be really pessimistic about the OL. I'm going with optimism & hoping for the best. Maybe Keim found a few gems? Lord knows his track record drafting OL hasn't been good but at some point things have to change right lol?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm not saying our OL is top 10 or anything lol but the Guard position needed attention & now we have 3 new bodies. As for how good they can become.........who knows? Yes the rookies are late rounders but that's exactly where many all pros through the years have been drafted. There's been many 1st round OL busts as well. Had the Cardinals not addressed the position at all I would be really pessimistic about the OL. I'm going with optimism & hoping for the best. Maybe Keim found a few gems? Lord knows his track record drafting OL hasn't been good but at some point things have to change right lol?
I'm not saying it can't happen, because it can and it does. I'm just saying let's not hold our breath. Like you said, we have 3 new "bodies." Several of them will have to work hard to be JAGs. I'm tempering my optimism, to say the least.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm not saying it can't happen, because it can and it does. I'm just saying let's not hold our breath. Like you said, we have 3 new "bodies." Several of them will have to work hard to be JAGs. I'm tempering my optimism, to say the least.
The NFL network analysts said both guards are better than where they actually got drafted & feel like they have the potential to be hidden gems. I'm just glad that Keim addressed the position at least. I'm not holding my breath for sure lol. I think Josh Jones looked better at tackle (Dallas game) than at guard. The times he played Guard & looked not so good may be due to the fact he's a tackle. With Beachum at RT & Humphries at LT if there's a future at Tackle for Jones, then somethings gotta give? If Jones looks good next season then Beachum will probably leave at the end of it would be my guess?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He had over 1000 scrimmage yards but sure, let's focus on the one game.
In 3 playoff games last year he totaled 10 snaps. Jerick McKinnon took his snaps.

It is an ok signing and provides veteran depth but this guy is nothing good. There is no reason to be excited for this signing.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I do as well and I find it comical how even decent signings around here get massive scrutiny.

He's signing to be a vet backup. He has a ton of experience.
It is not scrutiny to say that he is a replacement level RB which, at the vet min, is what he is being paid as. It's not bad or good..it just is a vet min signing at a position where we lack experience.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the league minimum for a guy who had 1000 yards from scrimmage and 8 td's ? what am i missing???
The Chiefs' offense?

Seriously, there is not a lot of competition for the title, but I declare this "Best Free Agent Signing of 2022".

Reaction score
I'm guessing the Offense is done unless they decide to pick up a vet WR during training camp. Looking for Alford, rotational Edge and hopefully Hicks to round out the roster.
I'm left guessing that you mean Akeem, not Jordon?