Cards sign Darrel Williams

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
This is a good roster depth signing, but not a replacement for Edmunds. He's a valuable backup for Conner. He's got some size for the needed short third down yardage and goal line offense, and he can pass block as well as catch out of the backfield...all the things that Conner does.

I was more concerned about having a quality backup for Conner than a replacement for Edmunds, which in my opinion is more of a roster luxury than a need.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't know why NFL personnel departments make things difficult at times. You should have ample veterans at every position group and not rely too much on rookies or unproven players. Hicks is a good example of this from last year, and the Cardinals hedged their bets again at ILB by signing Vigil.

I wasn't bullish on the Cardinals RB room prior to this move, but I think Williams can spot start and produce quality reps off the bench.

The alternative is unproven players....so this is a good move.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This might be the best comment of the week.
I don't trust our 'intern' GMs haha. I frankly like this bigger back, or rather an actual running back approach, removed from that Swiss army knife approach with less than ideal size for taking a pounding. Edmonds was a good back but Stump Mitchell weighed less than him but was stout and did not miss games at a mere 185 pounds. Conner, Engram, Williams and we have Eno for that 'X' factor variable... I am down with that :)

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, the OL might have something to say about that lol
I actually do feel better about the OL in general this year considering the bodies we have to battle it out at Guard. 2 rookies that I've heard good things about, Hernandez, Murray is supposedly healthy now & also Josh Jones.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tanner Vallejo of RBs is better than the Johnny Rutledge of RBs.

I usually respect your comments, but you're way off base. This is a guy who stole a ton of snaps from a 1st round back.
Because the 1st round back has been mediocre, lol.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
He had over 1000 scrimmage yards but sure, let's focus on the one game.
Only because of injuries did he get those numbers. His YPC was 3.9 and his game average was 32.8 not exactly anything to get excited about. He started 7 games due to Edwards-Helaire getting hurt. Like I said before he is Conner part 2. We could call them Pete and Repeat.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr