Cards re-sign Celestin. Lucas and Shor to PS

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Lucas' bio from last year's draft (The War Room.) He was rated #4 of the Cs in the 2007-draft. Seidlein was rated #5...

Enoka Lucas
C, Oregon

War Room analysis
Strengths: Is quick. Shows better than expected blocking technique to play stronger than size would indicate. Is a smart, vocal leader who makes all the line adjustments. When maintaining good balance and playing under control, is a good positional blocker who keeps man from making plays. Flashes good pass-blocking technique. Is durable, tough and competitive.

Weaknesses: Doesn't consistently play with good technique. Tends to get too aggressive and lean, reach and overextend. Lacks elite size and can be pushed around by big defensive tackles. Draws penalties at inopportune times, raising red flags about instincts.

Bottom line: Lucas is one of the most athletic offensive linemen in the '07 draft. He is versatile enough to play guard or center. He has the talent to be a good NFL starting center but must do a much better job of bending knees, blocking with leverage, using hands aggressively and staying under control. Lucas is an ideal Day 2 project.

I don't see what Shor brings to the table...

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I don't see what Shor brings to the table...

With Tuman and Patrick both most likely again being limited in practice this week just like last week we need an extra body to take some reps at TE during practice.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
With Tuman and Patrick both most likely again being limited in practice this week just like last week we need an extra body to take some reps at TE during practice.

Okay, I missed that Patrick was injured.

1DS

Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, I hate Celestin. If he sees the field, we are in serious trouble.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Ugh, I hate Celestin. If he sees the field, we are in serious trouble.

He makes ball carriers look like that greased up deaf guy from Family Guy :bang:

cardfan

Registered
Reaction score
We do not have any roster spots open. Ross took Johnson's place, and Celestin is back. I'm sure the Cards are looking for a veteran center though, and Ross would go down to ps.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
We do not have any roster spots open. Ross took Johnson's place, and Celestin is back. I'm sure the Cards are looking for a veteran center though, and Ross would go down to ps.

My bad...I thought Celestin was on the PS, as well.