Cards make moves | Hodel cut, Watson and Pope Receive Tender offers

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This plus the fact that they didn't tender Pat Ross makes me suspect the very same thing - they may have a FA center locked up who can long snap (and/or may feel very confident that they're sure to get one of the 4 or 5 very good centers in the draft - assuming of course they all can long snap).

Alex Shor (TE) was a long snapper at Syracuse...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Why in god's name was Pope tendered? I said a couple of years ago this guy won't amount to squat because you CAN'T COACH DUMB! Pope and Vince Young are neck and neck in a race for dumbest NFL players.

Also, why is Alan Branch still holding a roster spot? Talk about a waste of money and talent.....they cut Hodel but kept Branch? I don't get it.

Branch has one more year to prove something... Could be the single-most frustrating player I've seen on this team in the last 6-7 years... He's superior physical skills and ability..truly off the charts body-type, strength and speed to dominate the line. Yet, sadly... he doesn't...Heard Wolfly the other day going off on Branch. It was hysterical...

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Branch has one more year to prove something... Could be the single-most frustrating player I've seen on this team in the last 6-7 years... He's superior physical skills and ability..truly off the charts body-type, strength and speed to dominate the line. Yet, sadly... he doesn't...Heard Wolfly the other day going off on Branch. It was hysterical...

Speed and Branch shouldnt be used in same sentence. Hes slow as hell.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Speed and Branch shouldnt be used in same sentence. Hes slow as hell.

I meant quick.. for a nose tackle, he has quick feet. Combined with his size, strength and pure physical ability, he has everything you would want in a nose tackle... except heart! :bang:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You get today's first prize in the... those who can post on message boards, and those who can't manage, coach and play the game... sweepstakes.

This makes 49,456 times somebody has posted the coaches know best mantra on ASFN.

Most of those posting the mantra were either too lazy to actually take the time to counter the opinions stated or asleep during the Dave McGinnis era.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This makes 49,456 times somebody has posted the coaches know best mantra on ASFN.

Most of those posting the mantra were either too lazy to actually take the time to counter the opinions stated or asleep during the Dave McGinnis era.

I grant you the previous eras, but the one that interests me is the "Whis era.." ;)

J4Cards

Veteran
Reaction score
I simply post on a message board without delusions of adequacy...

CC,

I agree with your self-assessment. Dude, you gotta lighten up. We're on this board to express our opinions. Civilized adults can disagree without insulting others.

J4Cards

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
CC,

I agree with your self-assessment. Dude, you gotta lighten up. We're on this board to express our opinions. Civilized adults can disagree without insulting others.

J4Cards

Yes... I have an honest self-assessment of of my abilities, and learned a long time ago not present my opinions as fact or revealed truth. Try it... newby... and I'm not your or anybodies dude! ;)

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
CC,

J4Cards

xxxxx

J4Cards

Veteran
Reaction score
Yes... I have an honest self-assessment of of my abilities, and learned a long time ago not present my opinions as fact or revealed truth. Try it... newby... and I'm not your or anybodies dude! ;)

CC,

Wow, you're reading in to my posts and taking this way too seriously. We're on a football forum, non-dude. I've never claimed that my opinions are anything more than that. I have been following this team for a long time, though. I got a laugh when you called me "newby." I've been a Cardinals fan for 35 years.

I see that you have a lot of posts here. I know it's cold where you are, and you must stay inside quite a bit. I hope that someday we can have a beer together in sunny Arizona, while we're tailgating before a Cards' game. We may not agree on everything, but we're both Cardinals' fans, and that's good enough for me.

Cheers,

J4Cards

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
In the case of Nathan Hodel, he has not yet

It is still wonderful that we have a place to do all this and it does not cost a thing. So have at it. All ye who disagree with me are goofamingos.

I agree but I don't know what a goofamingo is/are??? Please splain. n

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard