Cards Hire Jonathan Gannon as New HC

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I mean say what about the superbowl, Gannon guided one of the NFLs best defenses this season. #7 in scoring defense and 1st in yard-per-game. That much of a pedigree alone makes him infinitely more qualified than Kliff Kingsbury ever was.

Still, how good of a head coach he will be is a complete mystery. Too many variables and unknowns to make any kind of solid conclusion.

What is certain is that he has the opportunity of a lifetime. Let's hope he makes the most of it.

Last edited:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I mean say what about the superbowl, Gannon guided once the NFLs best defenses this season. #7 in scoring defense and 1st in yard-per-game. That much of a pedigree alone makes him infinitely more qualified than Kliff Kingsbury ever was.

Still, how good of a head coach he will be is a complete mystery. Too many variables and unknowns to make any kind of solid conclusion.

What is certain is that he has the opportunity of a lifetime. Let's hope he makes the most of it.
The optimist in me likes that the HC and GM should be on the same page for a change. If Will Anderson or Jalen Carter are drafted they should get some reps as rookies.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the first half, enough to make half time adjustments? Chiefs had 80 yards or so at half time and one offensive touchdowns. SMH.

Just something to complain about.

Correct and then they made adjustments attacking his rush 4 man coverage and went on to score on every possession and the only incompletion was a throw away.

That's the point. He is really really passive.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
things i learned:

Kyler is in the facility
He seems genuinely happy
he is wearing a Smiths t-shirt

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Kyler's behavior was really like in awe, "wow, I am meeting a real NFL coach", while Gannon when he hears he is in the facility acts like a parent when someone tells him their kid is doing something wrong lol

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Correct and then they made adjustments attacking his rush 4 man coverage and went on to score on every possession and the only incompletion was a throw away.

That's the point. He is really really passive.
TBF we blitzed Mahomes a ton and Vance got ripped for that since Mahomes is best against the blitz. You really have no chance against Mahomes unless you can get to him with 4. I think the loose field just killed the Eagles edge rush and that was the ballgame.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
things i learned:

Kyler is in the facility
He seems genuinely happy
he is wearing a Smiths t-shirt

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I love the energy. He jogged over to meet Kyler.

I'm a big believer in tone setters. If you can get people to be on the same page and to believe in your program, you have a chance to build something.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Mahomes got the ball off pretty quickly most the game, and in someone's analysis of the Eagles' Dline, they slipped on 38% of dropbacks.

Their whole strength is on their Dline and they got neutered, because they are built on speed around the edge. Chiefs are built on bull rush.
Hopefully he’ll learn