Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another RB???

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Wow BPA indeed. Without the need for a fullback in Arians offense this means good bye Sherman hello 4 RBs....

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I like it. Per Mayock we drafted two of the best pass pro RB's in the draft.

Plus Rashad is only on a one year deal coming off an injury. Williams is coming off big time injuries two years in a row. Draft two young guns was a smart move.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I like him much better than Taylor. I also like the Cards are adding potential big playmakers with the last 2 picks.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
yep

Darren Urban ‏@Cardschatter 23h
Hmm. Two running backs who can block. Not a surprise with Arians' desire, but Ryan Williams has a tough road in front of him. #CardsDraft

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I like it. Per Mayock we drafted two of the best pass pro RB's in the draft.

Plus Rashad is only on a one year deal coming off an injury. Williams is coming off big time injuries two years in a row. Draft two young guns was a smart move.

Definitely. Too many questions regarding the RB spot. Mendenhall and Williams can be a good tandem, but now we have insurance for each one of them! :thumbup:

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Somewhere Smith and Powell are packing their bags and putting their houses up for sale.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Somewhere Smith and Powell are packing their bags and putting their houses up for sale.

Ryan Williams isn't safe either with his injury history. Maybe not this year, but next if he isn't productive or is unhealthy.

Also, consider that Mendenhall is only on a one-year contract. No guarantees that a) he produces or b) he sticks around.

Ellington is a value selection and great depth.

Monty

2010 Cardinals Draft Guru
Reaction score
Not a big fan of this pick for a number of reasons. Watching him on tape I dont see the good pass protection that Mayock was talking about. He sets up wrong to blitzers, grabbles with players shirt rather than properly engaging the rushers and tends to lunge at defenders giving them an easy way around him. On top of that he he has big durability questions that even his Clemson coaching staff serious questioned in the media.

Though he missed a lot of playing time he was very productive so there is that but to me this is an iffy pick. I hope he proves me wrong me though. With the addition of Taylor, we do have decent numbers at RB so I guess he will be good depth and it allows him time to prove himself and his durability.

Last edited:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
This is smart on so many levels. Mendenhall has 1 yr contract, Williams hasnt proven he cant stay healthy. Then look at him combined with Taylor: both guys can pass pro, but one is bigger one is smaller, on is fast, one isnt, one is durable, one isnt.....

Hedging your bets baby!

Last edited:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Not a big fan of this pick for a number of reasons. Watching him on tape I dont see the good pass protection that Mayock was talking about. He sets up wrong to blitzers, grabbles with players shirt rather than properly engaging the rushers and tends to lunge at defenders giving them an easy way around him. On top of that he he has big durability questions that even his Clemson coaching staff had serious question about.

Though he missed a lot of playing time he was very productive so there is that but to me this is an iffy pick. I hope he proves me wrong me though.

Ok but when combined with Taylor pick? Now you arent counting on him and if he produces..... boom. Hes a 3rd round talent as everyone else has said.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Monty, an iffy pick? This is the sixth round we're talking about. And one thing Sherman has going for him, we didn't draft a TE, yet. And BA likes two TE's, or an H-Back and a TE. If he's not cut right after the Draft, he might be kept. JMO.

Monty

2010 Cardinals Draft Guru
Reaction score
Ok but when combined with Taylor pick? Now you arent counting on him and if he produces..... boom. Hes a 3rd round talent as everyone else has said.

Yeah I did say something to that effect in the post as I was editing. With him being a 6th round pick its a low risk potential high reward pick. Cant fault the Cards thinking in that regard. He does have a nice upside with his twitchy running style and good cuts. If he stays healthy, he could be a nice developmental type pick but thats a pretty big if imo.

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
I like one of the things I read about him on his break down on NFL.com.

Shows patience following pulling guards and fullbacks.

Hey if you're going to draft pulling guards you might as well draft a running back that has running behind pulling guards as one of his strengths.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn