Cards 15min Presser Last Night - My Observations

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If you haven't listened to it yet, I highly recommend it. I think it did expose some things.

1. The FO handled Rosen very poorly this off season. The "Rosen is our Guy" wording is highly problematic and hypocritical if you are now going to talk about him as just "depth" at the QB position.

2. Keim eluded to Rosen as "Depth" many times. I would have been offended if I was Josh. He is much better than that and explains why we got nothing for him in a trade last night.

3. KK was very shaky and jumpy around the conversation he had with Josh yesterday afternoon. I think you could really tell that Rosen was absolutely pissed. And personally..... KK needed to be prepared for that question.

4. Keim is a bad liar when confronted. He was asked when they decided on Kyler and he got very deflective. I don't care what his process is, but to me, I got the impression that they knew where they were going a while ago. Which again, calls in to question why their wording was so poor surrounding the QB position.

5. Most importantly..... Keim continued to mention what I have been saying for months. When you "Watch the Tape"....... This pick was as close to a no-brainer as one can get. We have no idea what is going on behind the scenes with the perceptions of Rosen "In house" but KM is just a much better QB that Josh is.

6. There is no way Rosen can stay on this roster past this weekend IMO. Calling him depth, mentioning that Kyler never gets injured but then having all of those QB injury stats at the tip of his tongue was very telling to me. If Rosen is pissed, which I think he is, then referring to him as depth, which I dont think he is, is a cause for disaster come OTA's.

So with that..... You all know I love this pick. But damn man..... From my seat, Rosen is getting bent over big time by the front office right now and that is just not right. They should have been completely transparent with him, or change the wording of their public comments to prepare him for this inevitability.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Rosen is getting bent over and so is the team (both by Keim).

I am a Koolaid drinker but after the HC hiring/firing last year, the wasted #1 picks, wasting the Rosen picks, how they handled the Rosen situation (unprofessional), and now the lack of comp for Rosen...I can't defend Keim or this organization.

This ultimately falls on the CEO...MB.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you haven't listened to it yet, I highly recommend it. I think it did expose some things.

1. The FO handled Rosen very poorly this off season. The "Rosen is our Guy" wording is highly problematic and hypocritical if you are now going to talk about him as just "depth" at the QB position.

2. Keim eluded to Rosen as "Depth" many times. I would have been offended if I was Josh. He is much better than that and explains why we got nothing for him in a trade last night.

3. KK was very shaky and jumpy around the conversation he had with Josh yesterday afternoon. I think you could really tell that Rosen was absolutely pissed. And personally..... KK needed to be prepared for that question.

4. Keim is a bad liar when confronted. He was asked when they decided on Kyler and he got very deflective. I don't care what his process is, but to me, I got the impression that they knew where they were going a while ago. Which again, calls in to question why their wording was so poor surrounding the QB position.

5. Most importantly..... Keim continued to mention what I have been saying for months. When you "Watch the Tape"....... This pick was as close to a no-brainer as one can get. We have no idea what is going on behind the scenes with the perceptions of Rosen "In house" but KM is just a much better QB that Josh is.

6. There is no way Rosen can stay on this roster past this weekend IMO. Calling him depth, mentioning that Kyler never gets injured but then having all of those QB injury stats at the tip of his tongue was very telling to me. If Rosen is pissed, which I think he is, then referring to him as depth, which I dont think he is, is a cause for disaster come OTA's.

So with that..... You all know I love this pick. But damn man..... From my seat, Rosen is getting bent over big time by the front office right now and that is just not right. They should have been completely transparent with him, or change the wording of their public comments to prepare him for this inevitability.
I feel a little for Rosen but this is football and if the team is better at that position then that’s the way it goes . Don’t forget he has generational wealth. He will be okay.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If it wasn’t the Cardinals, and another team was put in the same situation, they very well would have done the same thing. It’s a business plain and simple. No one owes Rosen a thing. He got paid a ton already so it’s not like he will be working at the mall next week. In the real world people can be replaced in a NY minute

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

Very fair and balanced DRJones.Agree there is no way Rosen can want to stay around.Being lied to is never good for a working relationship.I don't blame for him for being pissed off.He looks around d and sees Nkemdoche and Humphries still getting chance after chance and he gets run out after a year.Yeah I would be pissed too.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

I have lost all confidence in this front office. I was willing to give last year a mulligan but after what transpired last night, they are not prepared. If they wanted Kyler, why not try to trade Rosen before the draft and get some compensation for him? We can't keep Rosen on this roster going into next season, they've burnt their bridges with him.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Good job.

I prefer Rosen over Murray, everyone knows this. But you highlight that my biggest issue is that Keim didn't just commit to Murray. He could have shopped Rosen much sooner in the process where teams could have had a greater appreciation for the cost savings in trading for him. Unless Keim has some crazy trick up his sleeve, he botched this. He looks dumb, and the organization looks dysfunctional.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Very fair and balanced DRJones.Agree there is no way Rosen can want to stay around.Being lied to is never good for a working relationship.I don't blame for him for being pissed off.He looks around d and sees Nkemdoche and Humphries still getting chance after chance and he gets run out after a year.Yeah I would be pissed too.
I heard saving whales is a good job. Doesn't pay much though

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Rosen's value is low because, wait, Rosen is not very good, a lot of teams just dont want him, and I cant blame them. The Cards messed up taking him last year, he throws a pretty ball, and well, that's it. He is not accurate, holds the ball too long, throws picks and pick sixes too. His value is what the league says it is. He regressed terribly last year.

Start anew with Kyler Murray, had to move on from Rosen.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Keim was a bumbling idiot in that presser. Says he didn't want to watch tape on Murray and fall in love with him. What kind of thinking is that?

Says he received calls for #1. Why wouldn't he trade down? Everyone knew nobody else was taking Murray that high. Says he received calls on Rosen. If Murray was "crystal clear" as the #1 choice and you're already referring to keeping Rosen for depth, it's ridiculous not to take the best offer and move on.

Says he would love to multiple top picks at the top of round 2 because of all the talent left. I'd be willing to bet Oakland would have easily given the #4 and #35 picks to get Bosa. You probably could've gotten the Giants, Miami's or Washington's second rounder for Rosen prior to the selections of Jones and Haskins.

I've been a Keim backer but he's botched this about as bad it could've been botched.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am glad a bunch of posters attack Rosen when reading Dr. Jones post, instead of realizing the post is about Keim not playing it straight with Rosen from beginning, when everything was obvious. We rarely hear players speak highly of Keim. Where there's smoke, there's fire. But if attacking a player makes you feel better, go right ahead and do it. Remember that when your own manager comes after you behind your back, isn't of being forthright.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
It's really not about who they wanted at QB it's about how they handled the situation. Don't tell me you have to lie. If you think that then you're credibility is shot.

Be professional say everyone is at all times subject to immediately replaceable anything else would be a lie. That's the truth and it's more respectful for everyone.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

When was Rosen lied to? We all knew there was a good chance that Murray would be the Cards pick. When did we hear anyone tell Rosen this offseason that we wouldn't draft Murray?

At the combine Keim said that Rosen was our QB right now. We all knew what he meant by that which is things could change.

Sure it sucks for Josh but I'm more concerned about the Cards not SUCKING like last year.

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And how do we know if contract negotiations go poorly, that KM won't jump back to baseball. Afterall, I think he was a first round draft pick by someone.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This board has almost entirely been Murray vs. Rosen discussions for a couple of months now. Does anyone not believe the same discussions were happening in the Cards FO. Even if they knew a month ago they were taking Murray they weren't going to shut the door on a possible huge trade down deal that could have come for the Raiders or Giants or.....

You don't show anyone else your Cards :) if you want a chance of winning the hand. You certainly don't tell a player that we are drafting your replacement because he will at least remove all his social media connections with the team and most likely start screaming from the roof top.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
This board has almost entirely been Murray vs. Rosen discussions for a couple of months now. Does anyone not believe the same discussions were happening in the Cards FO. Even if they knew a month ago they were taking Murray they weren't going to shut the door on a possible huge trade down deal that could have come for the Raiders or Giants or.....

You don't show anyone else your Cards :) if you want a chance of winning the hand. You certainly don't tell a player that we are drafting your replacement because he will at least remove all his social media connections with the team and most likely start screaming from the roof top.
The did show their cards the entire offseason, which is why they hosed themselves. Keim is inept and bad at his job in almost every way...

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think the only reason Rosen is still here is because they were trying to trade the #1 pick and waited too late and drafted Murray when they couldn't.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose